Challenge to the staff of hero games

Guest Thunder

Here are a few mined notes from another Superhero board.......

Skippy Aka Skippy Monster or The New Rook.

Strength: 14

Endurance: 10

Agility: 13

Will: 10

Intelligence: 12

Presence: 15

basic hits: 4

Willpower B: The New Rook may add up to +10 spread among all of his stats for however long he can maintain his concentration. This does not affect Hit points, but in almost every other way aids his battle against Crime.

Body power: Skippymonster can eat almost anything (raw ramen noodles, paper, $0.25 fruit pies and many other disgusting things)including things that people from the future consider disgusting and things we anachrons consider disgusting but the futureworlders consider delightful.

As a side effect poisons take at least 10 minutes to get past his digestive system and ANY poison has a 30% chance of failure.

Natural Weaponry:(Hyperactivity, Eclectic Martial Arts background, a bit rusty) +1 to hit +1 damage HTH, Special: +2 to hit -2 to be hit in all HTH combat, this also applies to attacks with blunt HTH weapons.

Weakness: Diminished Senses: Attention Deficit Disorder: has trouble following conversations in a noisy environment, and keeping him from appearing to be an idiot, Listening to more than on person at a time, tracking anything other than the gorgeous women in the same building....errrr where was I? or keeping on track when there’s a nifty V&V web forum to play with. :)

Anyone Else? C’mon!

Here is Moi as a character

Rookie The fighting Deamon

Alexander h Davis

Sided with good

Lvl 7

-Teleportation: 8000", 3 pr per use

*can "disintigrate" nouns as Disintigration ray for 3 Pr per use via teleporting the noun into an otherspace.

*can Reintigrate items previously "disintigrated" by the same method.

-Heightend Strength B: +19.

-Psionics: Psychic Crystal Foci:The Rook may utilse certain crystals to focus/amplify his natural psionics. Only one crystal may be in use at a time.

*Stun Bolt- removes 1d3 actions from target attacs as mind control

*Psychic Shield- personal force field defense

*Power pools-(3 crystals) each Crystal can store up to 30 points of power in each one first being drained from Rookie previously.

*Power drain- Rookie can deny access to a power of an opponent (Similar to absorbtion) by making a HTH to hit roll with the crystal. Only one power at a time may be so denied.

*Psychic Strike-+1 to damage with Martial Arts.

*Skill boost- The Rook gain +1 to a skill level when utilising this crystal.

Diminshed Senses: The Rook cannot perceive verbal/Tonal clues easily (like sarcasim).

Wt: 180 lb Basic Hits 4 Ag mod 0,

Strength 34 Endurance 15

Agility 15 Intelligence 16

Charisma 18 Hit Points 36

DM:+2 Healing rate 1.6

Accy:+2 Power: 80

Carry Cap 3762 HTH 1d12

Movement 64" ground or 8000" Teleport

Dh 12 DD 16

Trainings

+4 Skill points(+2 twice)

Acrobatics may perform Evasion for the cost of movement only at any part of the turn.

+2 to hit, -2 to be hit when aware from martial training.

+1 Agility.

Inventions (see asterisks)

and Blackfist gauntlets +1 HTH/+1d8 HtH damage.

Origin: Born to a Father experimented upon by Rasputin the Mad (gaining limited psionic powers in the process) Rookie Recieved much early training fromthe Priests of the temple in handling his Earth Magics after his father Died while attempting to escape from Japan during WWII. Rookie left the temple after 30 years of training to pursue a religious Goal of the Monastary as well as to leave a life turned sour by prejudice and favoritism.

He accquired from his father a skill for Foreign War Correspondance( Daily Planet’s Foreign Correspondent in Japan just before WWII).

While in Japan Learned of the depths of evil from a Bloodspeaker Cult. His Monastic Training included Martial training(7 ranks now raised to an incredible 9 ranks through Training) as well as Japanese Mechanised Cavalry repair( about usesless unless you are a Superhero who builds his own vehicles....)

Rookie is also a Formally trained Archetect and Handyman with an understanding of Electrical and Lumber (good for build your own bases stuff)

and Rookie Speaks Fluent Japanese and English, with hints of Lebanese and an Aussie accent very infrequently.

as a final few notes Rookie has contact with a Powerful Oklahomian Senator for only the greatest of emergencies. Rookies outfit when washed turns white and Brown, when worn it quickly becomes Grey and Black(unknown cause). The outfit is a combination of Black leathor and grey tights in appearance (with leathor Gloves, boots, chest plates and (groin area protection). Tights covering the rest of his body except from the neck up. He wears a grey (white) bandanna to conceal his idenity. Underneath of which he has some sort of growth that aids in concealing his identity (akin to the Shadow and his nose) even when he looses the mask.

This background and Skill set was inspired by Paul Jacques Heroes Now. The Background system really jelled the few scattered concepts I had had over the past two Decades about everything Rookie Was.... well, to quote a friend

"sometimes the Dice Just Know"-Steve Koenig

D’oh!

fer got to add:

Both of his brothers have been short lived superheroes(returning to normalcy after a single adventure), Rookies Daughters have both been discovering incredible psionic/magical aptitudes and have both defeated Supervillians on their own. Rookies Nephew has not shown any powers as of yet....

Hero Name Real Name Special Effect Source Of Power

The Rook Alexander Davis Unified Psionicist Hereditary

Stats

Value Characteristic Cost

14 STR 4

18 DEX 24

16 CON 12

15 BODY 10

15 INT 5

18 EGO 16

16 PRE 6

14 COM 2

5 PD 2

5 ED 2

3 SPD 2

10 REC 8

32 END 0

30 STUN 0

TOTAL 83

Combat Stats

OCV 6

DCV 6

ECV 6

Phases 4- 8- 12

Endurance

Stun

Powers/Skills

Value Power/Skill

--- Martial Arts ---(5+5+5+5+5+5+5=35)

--- Powers ---

63 Unfied Psionic Varible Power Pool

27 Psychic Mastery Control Cost, Can be changed as a half phase action(+1/2) All powers must be visible or have that limitation inherently(-1/4)

Internal only powers(-1/2) (no lending, through Foci, Independant, certain kinds of Transforms,or UBO)

15 Detect: Susceptibilities& Vulnerabilities, Ranged, based on sight.

5 5 points of Power Defense

5 5" of Superleap (6" total)

5 9 Mental Defense

4 Life Support: Immune to Aging

Powers cost : 148

--- Skills/Talents --- Assuming use of Everyman skills

3 Break Fall (9+D/5)-

3 Tactics (9+I/5)-

3 Teamwork (9+D/5)- [9]

4 Contact: Chairman of the Senate Arms Comittee 8-

1 Transport Familiarity: Forklifts [12]

2 Acting 11-

3 Lightsleep [17]

2 Absolute range sense, RSR-PS:Construction Worker Skill Roll

2 PS: Roleplayer 11-

3 PS: Reporter (9+I/5)

2 PS: Construction Worker 11-

2 PS: Shin Tao Monk11-

2 PS: Temporary 11-

2 PS: Mail Clerk 11-

2 Resistance Talent: +2 to Ego rolls to resist interrogation

3 Psychic Discipline Power Skill (9+E/5)

3 Martial Artists Tricks Power Skill (9+D/5)

2 Oratory 11-

1 Computer Programming 8-

1 KS: Metahuman Abilities(9+I/5)-

1 KS: Fantasy 11-

1 KS: Magic Tricks 11- [47]

2 KS:Video games (9+I/5)-

2 KS: USSR (9+I/5)-

1 KS: Filing systems 11- [52]

2 KS Rolepaying games (9+I/5)-

2 KS: Lumber Yards (9+I/5)- [56]

2 KS: Religions (9+I/5)--

2 KS: History (9+I/5)--

2 KS: Art (9+I/5)- [61]

1 KS: Internet 11-

1 KS: Songs 11-

2 KS: SCA (9+I/5)-

1 KS: Bad Martial Art flicks 11- [66]

2 KS: Deamon Style Martial Arts (9+I/5)--

1 KS: US Mail 11-

5 Temporary Skill: (Cramming) grants 8- [74]

2 Contortioninst 11-

1 Gambling: Chess 11- [77]

1 Contact: Cell phone 8-

1 Burecratics 8-

1 Acrobatics 8-

3 AK: Ancient China

3 AK: 40's Japan

3 AK: Pacific Rim

2 CK: Ancient Chinese Culture

2 CK: Japanese Culture

3 AK: USA

3 AK: Libiya

3 AK Austrailia

4 Language: Japanese

4 Language: Chinese

4 Language: Russian

4 Language: Spanish

Total: 89

---Everyman Skills---

Climbing 8-

Concealment 8-

Conversation 8-

Deduction 8-

English (4 pt level)

Paramedics 8-

Persuasion 8-

Shadowing 8-

Stealth 8-

TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles

AK: DFW Area 8-

TOTAL all fields 89+148+68= 305

Disadvantages

Disadvantage Value

Dark Secrets 15

DNPC: (Jessica Sweetheart) Normal 8 or less Currrently Alex is dating a rather charming person by the name of Jessica Sweetheart and they are currently trying the long distance relationship "thing". Alex has loved Jessica since the 8th grade, but was never sure of her feeelings for him until recently.

NPC: (Jerome Gardner boss) Normal 8- or less 5

[35]

Hunted: Underlords of Dallas- As Powerful 8 or less 10

Watched : More Powerful, NCI, US Government 8 or less 15

Distinctive features: Mystic Aura 10

[70]

Psych Lim: Honorable-- (Common, Strong) 15

Psych Lim: On a Mystical Quest-- ( Common, Strong) Alex is also in love with a mysterious woman who appears in his dreams. She is the reason he is currently in San Angelo, he must solve his feelings for this dream woman one way or another. 15

Phisical Lim: Needs Glasses (Inf, Great ) Doubles all range penalties while not wearing glasses 10 [110]

Phisical Lim: ADDH (Fre, Great) 15

Rep: Experienced Hero, 8- or less 5

Secret ID (Alexander Davis) 15

Watched: Former Allies, As Powerful 8 or less 5

Dark Secret 5

Vulnerability X2 effects from drinking alcohol. 5

[160]

Quirk: Oddball among Oddballs 1

Quirk: Believes self to be crazy 1

Quirk: Lefthanded Leo 1

Quirk: old RPG'er 1

Quirk:Will Consider trying Anything once 1

TOTAL: 160

Base 150

Disads total 160

Origin & Background: see above

Combat Tactics / M.O.:Alex's powers tend to push him to the back of a battle.

Physical Description:Alex is a dark haired 5’ 11" average appearing guy in his 30’s. In his combat persona he wears a leathor jacket and denim jeans with a white tee shirt and a Blue Beret' with some odd badges/pins in it*. The jacket has several odd patches on it indicating either alliance with or membership in several groups. He has no real discernable accent, occasionally picking up an odd turn of phrase here or there or imitating one accent or another. For a Southern gentleman, he certainly has nothing to mark him as such in his speech.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Challenge to the staff of hero games

Originally posted by Bazza

ok your post count is 6597, so Doug where is your character sheet? ;)

Hey, if you want it in a hurry. I'll just buy my stats up real high, buy every sense, every defense, every movement with mega-scale options, and I'll buy a +2 variable advantage on strength.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Challenge to the staff of hero games

Originally posted by Agent X

Hey, if you want it in a hurry. I'll just buy my stats up real high, buy every sense, every defense, every movement with mega-scale options, and I'll buy a +2 variable advantage on strength.

Ok that'll do, but if you want to go to long route .... I won't mind :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Challenge to the staff of hero games

Originally posted by Agent X

I wouldn't worry too much about him....he'd still have to deal with me (CKC pg 141). Before he knew it, his post total (and, therefore, character points) would be dropped to 2 with some simple hacking.

A few "alterations" to the Department of Defense and FBI systems and he'd no longer be a concern...

;-)