Challenge to the staff of hero games

Guest Thunder

Guest Thunder

I challenge you to create Hero's or villians that in your opinion best fits you. Point total unemportant as long as it fits how you would veiw yourself as a meta human, cyborg, alien, etc.

LOL. That's an interesting idea, but probably one I won't have time to tackle anytime soon. Reminds me of an odd request on the old message boards, back about May/June 2002, where someone wanted HERO System stats for me, personally. He never did say why, that I recall, leaving me with a disturbed ominous feeling of voodoo doll-type magic using game character sheets.... ;)

Given his love of things apish and aquatic, I wonder if Darren might not be best shown as some brooding undersea lord ready to unleash his "army of sinister sea monkeys!" upon an unsuspecting Earth :)

For some reason, I always picture poor Ben with a hunch on his back...

"Fix the forums igor!" *Whipsounds* ;)

lol... my buddies and i used to spend far too much time talking about this sort of thing when i was in college... sort of a "what if... you had superpowers." i had two powers

one. there was this issue of WildC.A.T.s (i know, i know... boo... hiss... Image bad...). it had Grifter (a whatchamacallit... gun bunny guy...) clinging to the wing of a jet plane hurtling through the air. Grifter, in desperate straits, lights a cigarette... i mean, Mach whatever and this clown pulls out a smoke, then his lighter, flicks his 'bic,' and lights his cigarette. (i imagine if i were in such circumstances i'd need a smoke break too). so anyway, i smoked, had a zippo, in a gale it wouldn't light -- heck man, it wouldn't light the first time in a stiff breeze -- and my first power was the ability to light a cigarette under any circumstance. we copped out and made it a Transform (unlit cigarette into lit cigarette), No Range... if i recall correctly.

two. so i have an abnormally long torso... i know, i know... you ask: 'how does anyone notice an abnormally long torso?" well let me tell you. shirts are either too big in the chest and shoulders, and too long in the arms; or they're too short and constantly come un-tucked. (it's a burden i try to bear bravely, chin up and out and with a stiff upper lip.) anyway: it's something like .25" Stretching, Always On, Torso Only, No Velocity Damage, No Indirect, etc., etc.

and as for the name... Torso Man, the Human Cigarette Lighter. Able to light people's cigarettes, regardless of inclement weather or catastrophic circumstance, without struggling too hard to reach, so long as the person was only a foot or two away.

Guest Thunder

voodoo character sheets

Well steve it has nothing to do with voodoo this time. I was just sitting here bored at work and decided it would be kind of cool to get an insight of how the poeple who created the game that I like so much veiw themselves. Unable until this coming year to go to any conventions do to either lack of time off or lack of money I haven't got a chance to meet the people who have been producing this game that I've been playing since the 80's.

Thunder

Re: Challenge to the staff of hero games

Originally posted by Thunder

I challenge you to create Hero's or villians that in your opinion best fits you. Point total unemportant as long as it fits how you would veiw yourself as a meta human, cyborg, alien, etc.

If they do I beleive there should be some limitation. 1 post = 1 character point. Or they write themselves up as a standard super and then add their post count as bonus points. Sounds fair.

Champions 3-D , Steve Long

Originally posted by Steve Long

LOL. That's an interesting idea, but probably one I won't have time to tackle anytime soon. Reminds me of an odd request on the old message boards, back about May/June 2002, where someone wanted HERO System stats for me, personally. He never did say why, that I recall, leaving me with a disturbed ominous feeling of voodoo doll-type magic using game character sheets.... ;)

What were the stats given for Steve in CHampions 3-D ??? :)

Re: Re: Challenge to the staff of hero games

Originally posted by Bazza

If they do I beleive there should be some limitation. 1 post = 1 character point. Or they write themselves up as a standard super and then add their post count as bonus points. Sounds fair.

Woo! I don't even have any villians at my point level. Though Agent X would be rather fearsome.

Originally posted by Agent Escafarc

If I had super powers they would be :

Telepathy

Teleportaion

Du[plication

N-Ray Vision and

Precognition

Because it always seems that I end up working for or with people who think I should be able to do all that:rolleyes:

You also need some X-D powers to change the past.

For Steve Long, I'm figuring something between the Harbinger of Justice and a super-powered lawyer, and I'm not sure which one would be scarier.

I had a superpowered lawyer-commando character in a sort of Illuminati-inspired campaign once. Lots of fun. One adventure I had to parachute into this guarded compound to serve a subpoena on the leader of a cult of Marilyn Monroe look-alike assassins. ;) I had a camo uniform in pinstripe so I could blend effortlessly into crowds of businessmen. ;)

Originally posted by Steve Long

I had a superpowered lawyer-commando character in a sort of Illuminati-inspired campaign once. Lots of fun. One adventure I had to parachute into this guarded compound to serve a subpoena on the leader of a cult of Marilyn Monroe look-alike assassins. ;) I had a camo uniform in pinstripe so I could blend effortlessly into crowds of businessmen. ;)

ROFLMAO!

I always figgered you'd be a lot of fun to game with. Hee-hee! :D

Then I think we need to get together as a group and build Steve.

I suggest...

Life Support: Never Sleeps

PS: Shyster

Speed Reading x100

+10 DEX only for typing

Social Limitation: No Life

DNPC: Lil' Ben

Hatred of LoTR movies

Rival: Peter Jackson, 8-, Rival not aware of rivalry

Originally posted by Blue

Life Support: Never Sleeps

I don't know about that... he doesn't answer questions in the wee hours of the morning. He must get in a whopping hour a day! Just go with "only needs to sleep once per week."

Oh, and don't forget his Duplication. :D -- Pteryx

Originally posted by Pteryx

I don't know about that... he doesn't answer questions in the wee hours of the morning. He must get in a whopping hour a day! Just go with "only needs to sleep once per week."

Oh, and don't forget his Duplication. :D -- Pteryx

It's confirmed in the weekly chat that he keeps his production schedule going through a combination of not sleeping and not having a life.

Duplication with an invisible power effect. Nobody know's there are two or more of him! Well, I guess the dupes would have to have invis for that to work.

Re: Steve's write up additional

Originally posted by Barton

Follower: Tina the Office Goodess (total point cost is too high to calculate [he,he,he])

I think Tina officially counts as Darren Watts's follower. Besides, she and Steve are at opposite sides of the continent.

I also think that Tina would blow away the other contestants in the "Miss Champions Universe" pageant. :)