And another: What am I doing wrong re: Killing Attack damage

Kraven Kor

Running my HERO Central campaign and keep running into attacks that deal BODY but no STUN.

Average attacks are 2d6k or so, average defense are 5-6 rPD and 10 to 15 total PD.  Using hit locations for STUNx.

If I understand the rules correctly:

1. I roll damage and apply vs. defenses.
  2. Total BODY of KA vs. total rPD of target.  Multiply any BODY that gets through by location BODYx.
  3. Total STUN of KA vs. total PD of target.  Multiply any STUN that gets through by location STUNx.

This is resulting in a lot of attacks that not only do not, but *could not* deal STUN.

Am I misunderstanding how to apply STUN from KA damage or something?  Do I multiply STUNx first then apply vs. defenses, and only multiply BODY that gets through???

Unless 6E changed that rule, it was always 'Stun before, Body after'.  So you multiplied StunX / Hit Location times the body of the entire attack, then applied defenses. Any Body that got through defenses was then multiplied for Hit Location.

Chris.

That answers this perfectly and explains what I was doing wrong; thanks!