Fate Related Powers - some ideas wanted

ghost-angel

Looking at Fate from the angle of Weavers Of Fate - literally spider-beings that weave the Web Of Fate; what kinds of abilities might they have?

Specifically, building a legend that the Fate Spiders mate with humans to have offspring, and those offspring will have various abilities, generally low key (Heroic level game) related to Fate itself (before growing up and tending to the Web...)

From some general Spider abilities to Fate abilities, to combining the both; I'm mining the Hero Community for any ideas. I have a bunch, but I'd like to see what else is there I might have not thought of.

Thanks!

Skill-Levels-as-Powers works for "Fate" type stuff, or probability manipulation, as much as it can represent insane skill.

Danger Sense, Combat Luck, certainly.

Maybe a "9-lives" type resurrection regeneration with charges and a condition in which it would not work; they "can't die" unless that is, indeed, their fate, or their destined moment to die?

I'm not sure if this would be at the level of game you envision; but I've long used Spiritual Transform as a way for characters to grant "wishes," change someone's past, or otherwise alter them in ways that don't involve physical or mental changes. For example, giving them wealth or status, adding or negating lovers or rivals, cursing them with a social stigma, and the like. I tend to think of this as editing the person's "karma," which is sufficiently "spiritual" for me. ;) And it certainly sounds up the alley for your Weavers.

You will Succeed. It is your Destiny.:  (Total: 60 Active Cost, 11 Real Cost) +5 Overall, Usable By Other (+0), Grantor can only grant the power to others, Grantor pays the END whenever the power is used, Grantor controls the power totally (60 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Hour, Only to Activate, -1 1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Requires A Roll (15- roll; Must be made each Phase/use, Jammed, ; -1/2), Conditional Power Only to fulfill a purpose chosen when the Power is bestowed (-1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Incantations (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) (Real Cost: 11)

It takes an hour of close contact to reweave the strands of a person's fate to guarantee their success at some given task. The +5 applies only to rolls that  bear upon the chosen fate, and if any such roll comes up 16 or greater, the threads have broken or fouled and the bonus is lost.

Those who oppose you this day, oppose Fate:  (Total: 63 Active Cost, 10 Real Cost) Change Environment (-0 to EGO Roll, -0 to Luck Roll, Long-Lasting 1 Day), Usable By Other (+0), Grantor can only grant the power to others, Grantor pays the END whenever the power is used, Grantor controls the power totally, Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Persistent (+1/4), Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), MegaScale (1m = 1 km; +1), Cannot alter scale (-1/4), Varying Effect Broad Group (+1) (63 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Hour, Only to Activate, -1 1/2), Required Multiple Users ([3-4] people; -1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), Side Effects (Side Effect always occurs whenever the recipient does some specific act, Side Effect affects both character and recipient of Power's benefits; When recipient acts against, or willfully fails to pursue, the Fated goal; -1/2), No Range (Centered on recipient; -1/2), Conditional Power Beneficiary must be pursuing specific goal that can be accomplished in one day (Targets of Power are those attempting to oppose the specified goal; -1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) (Real Cost: 10)

It takes Three Weavers in agreement working for an hour on a person to weave their intention so tightly into the Web of Wyrd that all opposition will tend to fall before them. Only an opposing Fate, or Chance and Choice working together, can successfully stand against someone so blessed as they work to fulfill their destiny that day. Every action phase in which an enemy tries to stop the Chosen One, the enemy must roll both EGO to summon the strength of Will to oppose the Chosen, and Luck to have a chance to do so, or else lose the phase or be hindered in some way (equivalent of falling prone after failing a DEX roll for the classic ice sheet form of Change Environment, but with effectively unlimited variety of possible effects) (as a balancing factor, give every opponent +2d6 Luck for this purpose.) Those who themselves have fate based Powers, either inherently or bestowed, are immune. If the Chosen One abandons or betrays their own Destiny, the resulting snarl in the strands of Wyrd inflicts 6d6 Unluck on the One AND on the Three who Chose and trusted the One.

Lucius Alexander

reweaving a palindromedary