Power Building - Weapon Empowerment

Willpower

I have several powers I am going about building. I have my own ideas, but want others input as to how they may build them.

Weapon Empowerment - I am looking at a character that can use any existing weapon at beyond its actual capabilities. The theme could be something along the lines of a super skill, allowing the character to use any weapon at a greater effectiveness For instance if he picks up a 2D6 RKS pistol, he can use it at say 3D6 RKA effectiveness. This sounds simple enough, but if he is picking up other weapons like say, a 9D6 EB with Autofire, I still want him to be able to add damage to that attack as well. This is not based off the defenses of the opponent, but in making the weapon more effective, otherwise it might be simplest to Find Weakness to simulate this effect.

My initial build uses a VPP that does not req. a skill roll and can be changed as a 0 phase action, and is severely limited to only add at most 15 AP of damage to a weapon AND to simulate any existing advantages on the attack. I used a 30 VPP for this purpose, so it will be able to add up to 3D6 ND or 1D6 KA with up to a +1 Advantage to an existing weapon. 

Any other ideas would be helpful.

This is my first post in quite a while I stopped playing Champions for a long time for reasons I will not go into here.

I looked at aid. It actually costs more to do the same thing and does it worse.  Because whenever you switch weapons you would have to take several rounds charging up the weapon in order to get the maximum benefit from the effect. This would work great if you were charging them based on a power, sort of like Gambit, only if he used an actual weapon instead of cards. Does not work so well if it is based off someone that is based on incredible skill with the weapon, like Bullseye. My idea is someone that is so skilled he can use a pistol to disable a tank, cause he just knows how to strike things to get maximum damage allowing him to damage things others would think were impossible. As I mentioned, it sounds a lot like Find Weakness, but I want it more instinctual than that. Not necessarily based on determining the weakness of a target, but just knowing how to use the gun to do more damage.

Yeah I thought of that too. Though it is not giving me exactly what I want. I actually do have this too though. I have purchased a multi-gun which does many different types of attacks. Right now I have the empowerment set as a VPP which is limited to buying up to +3 DC of damage with up to a +1 advantage on it. With my multigun, it works out to a good attack, though not overpowering. Though I did want the attack to be set to increase an existing attack, so if I was somewhere without my equipment and I picked up a gun, I could still do better than others with whatever weapon I picked up, though not necessarily as good as if I had my gun, or if I were to get behind the controls of say a ships artillery gun, I would do better with it than other gunners and it would do even more damage than others using the gun. I suppose the way I have it built is the best way I can mimic that. Though Aid would work, if I could make it automatic, say adding a trigger or something. Would still be more expensive though.

10 combat levels w/ ranged OCV (5 point levels)

only to increase damage (-1)

only with guns (-1/2)

20 pts

2 combat levels equals +1 body on any killing attack, or +3 stun on any normal attack.  So you're looking at +5 body or +15 stun.  Any firearm.