Clairsentience and targeting / spatial awareness

Tom2405

Hi

I've got a question as it came up with a build a player made.

He has clairsentience

Spatial Sense:  Clairsentience (Sight Group, Detect And Spatial Awareness), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (Extra Phase, -3/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Requires A Roll (14- roll; -1/4), Unified Power (Teleportation; -1/4)

Now what I'm unsure about: Claisentience is normally not targeting and he would have to buy targeting for 10 pts, but he can buy spatial awareness instead which gives him targeting AND the ability to see through obstacles for only 5 pts.

Am I missing something there? Or is there any reason why spatial is cheaper than targeting?

Also on that  note with how the power is bought: does the concentration need to be done during the whole time the power is active? (thus the whole time -1/2 dcv) or only during activation?

Also another quuestion there: As the character has blast,.... if he hides behind cover and uses the spatial sense to see his enemies am I correct he would need "indirect" to use the blast,... againstt enemies on the other side of the cover?

(one of the powers:

Teleport Boxing:  Blast 7d6, Area Of Effect (16m Radius; +3/4) (61 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Limited Range (-1/4), Requires A Roll (14- roll; -1/4), Unified Power (-1/4))

thus if I'm right he would need "indirect" to be able to use it from behind the cover on enemies seen just with clairsentience?

1) Key point of confusion - Making the sense part of the Sight Group is what gives it Targeting. 

Normally the cost of Spatial Awareness includes Targeting but it gets discounted because of the Sight Group in this case.

2) Depends on how you want it to work.  Concentration all the time would make using the ability while moving extremely difficult though.

3) Yes.

Having figured the SFX that you are using does not grant any benefits or impose limitations for free on the power. The SFX is simply something that gives you an idea as to how to modify a power: meaning which advantages or limitations make sense to assign to a basic Blast power, for example.

To enhance that example.

Using ice sfx does not geant a blast the abilty to insta freeze a target, instead you would need to buy that as either linked or compound power with entangle (or drain dex whichever makes more sense for the appropriate implementation how the freezing works)

So not only adv/disadv can happen to be needed to impose what a power shall do. Even whole other powers can be needed.

Btw tnx so far for the answers it is then as i had thought (but wasnt 100% sure)

The spacial Sense, when I rewrote it. I Saw it more as opening a small Teleport portal that the PC could use senses though. The power is best used as a way to target a teleport esp one that would normally be blind. It's only 1/2 DCV concentrate so one could walk and view stuff. it's also for doing those megascale TP's when the PC wants pin point accuracy.

the answer to your next question is yes any attack used in the way you describe would require indirect.

That is also how i understood how the power was intended.

When basic then wanted to use it to attack from behind cover thst took me on the wrong foot at first then i saw what the rulles part (at first didnt know that spatial sense has targeting included and said not possible to target with this power until basic pointed the targeting included out to me and i remembered the indirect advantage).

Tnx for the reply