Help me design a drowning power

Aversill

I'm designing traps as if they were powers so that people with traps/inventor can make them.  The current trap I'm working on is a pit trap that is filled with water.  When people fall in, the lid shuts behind them and, wallah, they're at risk of drowning.  I've got part of the pit worked out.  It's an entangle that only takes damage from successful security systems rolls.  The offensive power that simulates whatever it is that the pit does to people who are trapped within it should trigger on successfully entangling people.  My question is how to simulate the drowning part.  Suggestions?

HOLDING BREATH AND DROWNING
A character who holds his breath does not
get to Recover, even on Post-Segment 12. He also
expends a minimum of 1 END per Phase. He may
lower his SPD to 2 (see page 357) to reduce the
amount of END he uses.
A character who runs out of END while not
breathing expends STUN as END (see page 425). A
character who runs out of STUN then loses BODY,
drowning at -1 BODY/Phase.
All characters drown at a minimum SPD of 2;
so even a SPD 1 character must expend 2 END per
Turn. (Low SPD individuals react more slowly, but
they still have to breathe!)

I usually build a drowning effect as an AVAD (NND - defense not breathing or able to breathe water) that does body damage, DOT or constant attack of a few dice of blast.  You can't kill someone really fast with a drowning effect but its slow and inevitable.  It doesn't do a lot of body in a hurry, but it does add up.

I buy the water pit for the same reason I would buy explosive runes or a sword falling from the ceiling; if it's a trap that I can trigger in combat then it's one of my powers and I should pay for it.  Moreover, moving the floor to get someone to land in the pit is just a special effect for the trigger part of the change environment. 

Yes, it follows the characters around...and then it summons a creature that can't read OP but knows how to use Ctrl-F. 

This post is already over.  CE--> Suffocation--> Trigger on an entangle that has the Extra Time Limitation for setup.  I think Sir Viss's answer is probably what I want.