Physical LImits

Maccabe

In an earlier post someone asked about players favorite psychological limitations. What about physical??

Most players don't like the idea of being "disabled".

But here are some I have had success with;

Color Blind (for those who change into animals)

Hands can't do fine work (thick fingers, or no fingers)

Quadraped (hands can't do any work but help walk)

Leaves body behind (Astral Projection)

Diabetic ( the occasional problems not covered by

Dependent on Insulin, Susceptible to sugar)

Amnesia (has black-outs) [good for those with HF]

One of these days I have to try out;

HIV+ (requires testing and safe sex)

Schizophrenia (depression, anxiety)

Cold Blooded (alien types who sleep in winter)

High/Low Blood Pressure (stress affects you badly)

For the very old.

One of the NPCs in my campaign is around 1000 years old ... or so he says. Nobody has been able to verify this.

He has the PhysLim:

Anachronistic - frequent, greatly impairing.

He doesn't understand modern technology. He doesn't typically operate anything more complex than a light switch or faucet. He doesn't mind modern technology. He just doesn't have much use for it in his personal life.

On multiple occasions I have created mystic characters who had the physical limitation of not being able to use complicated electronic gadgets. They just generated some sort of aura which caused cel phones, calculators or pdas to malfunction in their hands. These items wouldn't be broken, and simply handing them to someone else would cause them to function properly.

I've done the 'Complete Lack of Understanding of Modern Life and Culture' thing for time-shifters and dimension-shifters and aliens ... 'Doesn't heal Body, must be repaired' for robots ... 'requires specialized medical attention' for a variety of things ...

I usually don't do disabilities, because I never know how to cost them properly ... I'm always afraid I'll forget (or inaccurately) take the effects of his powers into account on coming up with it. I mean, how many points of Phys Lim does Daredevil really get for being blind? It almost never gets in his way.