Missed rules

JmOz

I was wondering, what rule did you never know about that you found one day?

Yesterday I was rereading the rules about combat and realized that if you used a maneuver you had to pay one endurance on top of the strength used....

I think 1 END is the minimum ONLY if no STR END was spent.

Exampe: Using a Strike which already costs the END to use STR doesn't cost any more END.  But otherwise 0 END 'Martial' Maneuvers like Dodge and Block automatically cost 1 END in their non-Martial form. 

Do you have a page number reference?

6th edition pg 54

A character can use any of the Combat

Maneuvers, provided he meets the conditions and

restrictions listed on the Combat Maneuvers Table

and his GM allows the maneuver. The character

must state what Combat Maneuver he uses before

rolling the dice. Unless the rules note otherwise,

using a Combat Maneuver counts as an Attack

Action (see 6E2 18). Using a Combat Maneuver

typically costs 1 END (see 6E2 131), and the character

also has to pay the END cost for any STR or

power used with the Maneuver.

6th edition pg 54

Here is the more specific reference I was remembering.

6e2 page 131

Some Maneuvers and other Actions don’t have a listed STR value. In such cases, a character spends 1 END (unless the GM rules otherwise). This includes Combat Maneuvers such as Block, Dodge, or firing a weapon. Martial Maneuvers do not cost END (but see 6E2 91).

The implication of the highlighted section is that any maneuver that DOES have a listed STR value defaults to the END spent on the STR used.

It also makes sense with the Automaton rules which sometimes require 0 END be purchased on STR.

Until Champions Complete came out, I never realized that Followers earned experience like normal characters.  Having never played a character with a Follower, I assumed that they were improved by the main character spending their own xp to increase the Follower's point total, just like when they're initially purchased.

There was a thread I started in 2012, Rules You Didn't Know Until Champions Complete, which included that as well as the rule that improvised weapons add to your Strength damage if their PD + BODY is greater than your base damage classes.

(Which, after the first couple posts, turned into a debate on the merit of the latter rule.)

Not sure if it counts, but when I started building vehicles, I was stymied by the fact that the pre-built ones included the "Costs Endurance" on thier movement. My character doesn't get to take this. You have to pay endurance for your movement normally, how can you also take the limitation? Well, apparently vehicles don't (except that all of the examples take the limitation). Why? Who knows?

No one really ever "didn't know" these, but man has my group on a whole had trouble wrapping their head around applying strength and damage classes and maneuver-based DCs and such to weapons/HAs/HKAs with advantages. "So my knife has armor piercing, and I have 3 DCs to add to it, So I divide those by 1.25? Why even have DCs and Str, why not just say, "has 10 active points to add to melee attacks?" Their not exactly wrong there.