Priest Spell Like World of Warcraft Penance

scoolio

I have a priest in my campaign that wants a spell like Penance from World of Warcraft.  I was just going to build two spells, one as standard heal and the other like a standard Ranged Blast Spell.  Any suggestions on how to build it?

I am not familiar with WoW spells. Can you explain it more? I gather that it does damage and then heals for an amount determined by the damage. Is that fair? If so, you could build it as a Transfer (Drain + Aid / Heal). But a Linked Heal to EB could also work reasonably well. 

La Rose. 

Penance does two different things depending on the target.  On friendly targets and allies, it heals.  On enemies, it deals damage.  In specific it does the effect in 3 pulses in rapid succession, but that's optional.  Basically he needs a single power that will do something different depending on what he uses it on.  A multipower would work, but its not quite as clean as the concept requires in my mind.

Penance does two different things depending on the target.  On friendly targets and allies, it heals.  On enemies, it deals damage.  In specific it does the effect in 3 pulses in rapid succession, but that's optional.  Basically he needs a single power that will do something different depending on what he uses it on.

Honestly, I don't think he does. I think he needs two separate powers that are called by one name. I don't see how a Multipower wouldn't work.

Lucius Alexander

And if a palindromedary is neither ally nor enemy, what happens when you hit it with penance?