Ready-Made Villain Bases

DShomshak

And the winner is... Lord Liaden!

Ok, so this wasnb't really a contest, but in addition to villain bases I hoped for some ideas my players might use for their hero team's new base.

The NYC-based heroes of the Avant Guard lost their old base, but they came into several million dollars and thought it might be nice to buy a new one.

As it happens, one PC has an enormous but somewhat random-access database in his head. When the team tracked a villain to his ready-made base (a long-lost speakeasy beneath a building in Queens), Nomad realized he had known of this place as a discrepancy between real places and documented places... and he knew of numerous other such "lost" places. So the team decided to check out the lot and see which were also supervillain bases. (Of course some of them were; I got a couple amusing vignettes out of this search.)

In one such vignette, the PC encountered an agent of the Landlady, realtor to supervillains, who was showing the base to a minor villain. Hijinks ensued, but the hero asked if the Landlady could help the team find their own new base. The realtor said that hey, if the money's good, the Landlady will work for heroes too.

So this thread was in part to come up with more options for the Landlady. The one my players liked best? LL's idea about a derelict ship. One of my players checked his phone and in about 5 seconds discovered the Staten Island Ship Graveyard, and that settled it. There's room for a nice big base, it's in the city, yet there are relatively few civilians to get hurt if villains attack. And property damage? No neighbors except other ships. They love it. All I need to do is find a few ship plans, which shouldn't be difficult.

So thank you, LL. I'd offer you a No-Prize but the Marvel lawyers might get upset. I'll try to think of some other way to show my thanks. Again, I am open to suggestions.

And thank you once again to everyone else who suggested easily-converted locations for headquarters!

Dean Shomshak

Wow, I had no idea I was even in the running for anything. :king:

I'm glad I was able to suggest something your group found appealing. Hopefully their nautical digs will continue to please.

If you don't mind, I think I'll just file your marker away until an ideal occasion to collect. :sneaky: