DEMON Preview ( heh Darren )

TheQuestionMan

Hello Darren Watts , I know your already working hard on another project , but I was curious as to how DEMON was shaping up . How about some clues . I never really used DEMON as anything other than a Mystic version of VIPER and even then rarely ( mind you DEMON's threat levels were always higher ... hmmm )

What do we have to look forward too ?

QM

Phoo. I haven't even really started thinking about DEMON, as I'm currently feverishly inventing villains for the 31st-Century heroes to worry about. I think Champions Universe gives a pretty strong overview of what the organization's about, as well as clearly defining where we need to add more detail for GMs (the Inner circle needs personalities and plans, sample Demonhames from different cities and mystical traditions, etc.) I hope to tie DEMON pretty closely to both the Mystic World genre/sourcebook and the Vibora Bay citybook, so that while all three are valuable on their own, between them you'll have enough info for a fully-realized and detailed supers subsetting.

But all that's a problem for next spring. Back to the super sci-fi menaces! dw

Fenris, if you run across a copy of the 4E Champs adventure Demons Rule you might want to give it a look. Besides being fun and well designed with interesting supernatural villains, there's a Lovecraftian connection like what you're implying that might please you.

Now for true HP horror with a Champions flavor, you couldn't do better than "Horror World" in the old Champions in 3-D sourcebook. In all seriousness, though, that setting is not for the faint-hearted.

Finally, you might be interested in Michael Surbrook's conversions of various Lovecraft creatures to HERO System stats, based on their descriptions in Call of Cthulhu:

http://www.devermore.net/surbrook/adaptionscreatures/creatures.html