List of Trick Ammo Characters

JmOz

I am away from my collection :(, but have always liked trick archer characters...thought it would be nice to make a list of characters that use trick ammo...

I will edit this post with the list, please submit entries from published books, including the book, the character, and their type of weapon (bow and arrow, Crossbows, marbles, slingstones, bullets, etc...)

DA LIST (toying with making a google sheet and sharing, thoughts? 

6th edition

• Champions Villains 1: Warpath (Archer)
  • Champions Villains 2: Scorpia (thrown stuff)
  • Champions Villains 3: Arachne (webbing),  Arrowhead (archer), Mechassasin (Grenades), 

5th Edition

• DC: TAS: Trickshot (Archer?)

4th Edition

• Classic Enemies: Rainbow Archer (Archer)
  • Dark Champions: Crossbow (Archer) 

I think we may actually have more villains in that category than heroes.

Marvel Comics created a whole team of characters using gimmicked thrown objects, the Death-Throws : Ringleader, Bombshell, Knickknack, Oddball, and Tenpin.

We can't overlook the boys from Down Under, Captain Boomerang (DC) and Boomerang (Marvel). They've been in lots of books.

Diamondback was introduced as part of the Serpent Society in Captain America's series, using "throwing diamonds" with various payloads.

3 hours ago, JmOz said:

Thanks LL, sorry I was not specific, looking for characters published for HERO...

Ah, okay. Then it's easiest to start with the Champions Villains trilogy. Vol. 1 has Warpath, a gimmick-arrow archer in the Warlord's War Machine team. In Vol. 2 Eurostar is now the home of Scorpia, whose weapons include poisoned throwing darts and gas capsules. There's also The Cahokian of Merc-Force 1, another tech-archer except he uses a crossbow.

Vol. 3 is where you really start to find this type of character. Arachne wears gloves which project sticky material in a variety of configurations, like Spider-Man's web shooters. Arrowhead is another classic gadget archer, with an added mutation for extraordinary accuracy. Buzzsaw has gauntlets which shoot high-speed spinning blades. Grenadier has an actual super power to "charge" any object with explosive energy, like Gambit's playing cards. Mechassassin might count, as his armor's weapons include a "tanglecoil launcher" and several different grenades. Stiletto has a brace of super-keen "questionite" knives for throwing or HTH. Utility, like his name implies, carries a variety of multi-purpose gadgets, including a billy club and writst-rockets, and of course something to take down a specific superhuman target.

I don't have time to get into others now. Will return later. :)

4 hours ago, eepjr24 said:

Do you mean published in print form? Or is web stuff acceptable? Surbrook has a bunch...

http://surbrook.devermore.com/adaptationscomic/aju/GreenArrow.HTML

http://surbrook.devermore.com/adaptationscomic/tta/robin.HTML

etc.

Want to avoid websites, even Surbook's wonderful one.  Looking for characters in books (be they print or pdf) & Magazines

Will update the opening post tonight LL