Rapid Healing

Trebuchet

I was browsing through Hero Designer v2 last night and noticed a new Talent called Rapid Healing. When I looked at the definition it referred me to Fantasy Hero. The description sounds much how I would like my Champions character to heal rather than her current Healing (Regeneration).

Would some kind soul let me know how this was built in FH, assuming that Talents show how they were built as in FREd?

Well its laid out in Fantasy Hero.

I really am uncomfortbale reprinting stuff from a Hero book though. Its not legal first, and not a nice thing to do to hard working authors second.

Its listed in the FH index and real easy to find. I'd suggest you look at the book in the store. Heck, once you have it in your hands you may decide to buy it :)

Originally posted by Catseye

Well its laid out in Fantasy Hero.

I really am uncomfortbale reprinting stuff from a Hero book though. Its not legal first, and not a nice thing to do to hard working authors second.

Its listed in the FH index and real easy to find. I'd suggest you look at the book in the store. Heck, once you have it in your hands you may decide to buy it :)

I'm not asking for rules or even a cut and paste, I'm merely asking how it was constructed. That's hardly proprietary information.

I've got no reason to purchase Fantasy Hero; I have zero interest in playing in a fantasy campaign again. And unlike Star Hero, which I have purchased and is quite useful to a Champions campaign, Fantasy Hero is of much less utility in a modern setting.

Re: Rapid Healing

Originally posted by Trebuchet

I was browsing through Hero Designer v2 last night and noticed a new Talent called Rapid Healing. When I looked at the definition it referred me to Fantasy Hero. The description sounds much how I would like my Champions character to heal rather than her current Healing (Regeneration).

Would some kind soul let me know how this was built in FH, assuming that Talents show how they were built as in FREd?

I don't have Fantasy Hero either, or HD v2. But my off-the-cuff approach to fast healing would be extra Recovery, only for Body, maybe with an Advantage to move it up the time scale.

Or you could use the optional damage recovery rules from 4th Ed. Western HERO. A lot of stuff from that book, like Club Weapon and Hipshooting, ended up in FREd so I'm surprised this didn't. Actually, these look more like advice on house rules than constructing Talents like you are interested in, and they depend on tracking damage as separate wounds. One thing is allowing a successful Paramedic or PS: Doctor roll to heal 1 Body off a wound. (This might be a standard approach in non-super games; does this appear in other genre books?) Another is to regard a 1-Body wound as minor, and consider it to be healed up half an hour after a fight.

Like most Talents, its built on a Power. Which Power do you think "Fast Healing might be based on? ;)

The Talent is there for campaigns where characters are not allowed to buy Powers. Much like other Talents it encapsulates and pre-defines/limits a capability that is basically an unusual ability but theoretically possessed by some nominally "normal" non-Power having people.

In a supers campaign there is no real mechanical reason to use it over some expression of Healing cough-Regeneration option bought down the time chart-cough other than as a convenient shorthand, just like there is no mechanical reason other than convenience to buy Absolute Time Sense for a Super rather than a Detect.