Multiform Experience Question

Cassandra

I don't see why not.  

Spending experience between forms... I'm not even sure exactly how that works, much less having no ability to explain it.  I think it might be explained more fully in one of the 6th edition books, but handling for Multiform and the "points/5" abilities has changed somewhat between them.  

Spot-on.  Likewise, the version of the Character who pays for the Multiform must spend experience on Multiform (a la the usual 1/5 costing) to represent experience-based improvements to/for the forms that did NOT pay for the Multiform.

Note, however, that GM awards (such as form-specific Contacts, Perks, and the like) can still be form-specific experienced-based improvements; they're just zero-cost experience-based improvements (i.e. non-issue).

2 hours ago, massey said:

There is a primary character who gains experience.  To improve the multiform, spend more points.

This is, as far I know (I don't use multiform.  I _did_, back when 4e gave it to us,  and we tried it again when 5e changed who paid for what, but we were happier with what we'd been doing prior to 4e, so we just sort of dropped it and went back), the book-legal method of rewarding XP to alternate forms and to Duplicates.

I'm just throwing this out there as a for-what-it's worth:

I'm assuming, since it's Cassandra, that this is for 5e.  When I awarded XP, I awarded it broken down (as best as possible) to the forms that earned it:  Which form defeated the small army of powerful agents?  Which form figured out the puzzle prematurely and short-cutted the game into a session I had planned for next month?  That sort of thing).

If the player wanted to pull the points from one form and spend them on his "base" or a different alternate form, then he did so at 5/1.  Spending them on the form that earned them, though, was perfectly acceptable.

This rule was instituted mostly because I had a player going nutty with _one_ particular alternate form, and he was really raping the one-for-five rule, touching campaign limits _months_ ahead of the rest of the group.   Ruling that pulling EP from an alternate reversed the math seemed to slow it down considerably.  And yes: it stands to reason that spending that one point on a different form would spring it right down the one-for-five expressway.  I didn't allow it to.

No; I'm not saying this is "right," but it's a tool to be aware of if you have problems with abuse of the power itself.