Statting out a Cyborg Beholder

grandmastergm

7 hours ago, death tribble said:

It would be more expensive as I would have taken the Anti-magic stare out of the multi-power, make it a damage shield and have it affect only those in front of the Beholder with a flash or darkness field break its effect.

A 1m surface personal damage shield, or how about a cone effect no range that has the same features?  Also, would it be 0 END?

Just to be different here.

I'm basing this off of a standard 12D6 Champions game, while keeping in mind that a generic beholder would be an incredibly tough opponent for a group of high-powered fantasy characters.  Points aren't really an issue because he's a party killer in fantasy, and should be built to slaughter whatever the equivalent is of 10th to 12th level characters.  And then he got a cybernetic upgrade.

So I'm going to assume that the Fantasy Hero stand-ins for that level of D&D character are probably between 200 and 250 points, are chucking 3D6+ killing attacks at 10+ OCV, and are 5 Speed or so.  So a basic beholder should be a challenge for a group of characters like that.  GM permission powers are also freely available to the beholder, because he's a monster under the GM's control.  So things that you might not be comfortable with a player having are still open to Colonel Blinky.  Math is back of the napkin as I type.  5th edition.

Str  40

Dex  23

Con  30

Body  20

Int  23

Ego  23

Pre  30

Com  2

PD  28  (14 r)

ED  28  (14 r)

Spd  7

Rec  15

End  60

Stun  55

14/14 DR

9" Flight, 0 End

-6" Running

9" KB Resistance (a little more than normal because he's always flying, and KB isn't a thing in D&D)

Bite -- 1.5D6 HKA (3D6+1 with Str)

Anti-Magic Ray -- Extradimensional Movement (to no-magic zone), Usable As Attack (+1), Area of Effect Cone (+1 3/4 -- 72 hex cone), Continuous (+1) , 0 End (+1/2), Gate (-1/2), No Range (-1/2) characters can leave dimension by leaving the area of effect or if eye closes (-1/2)

Magic just doesn't work within the cone.  The beholder can turn it on and off at will by closing his central eye.  Anything that passes into the zone is affected, but anything can travel in and out, including nonmagical attacks.

+4 OCV with Eyestalks  (all eyestalks 0 End)

Charm Person/Monster (no need to differentiate in Hero) -- 12D6 Mental Illusions, only to make the beholder look like target's best friend (-1/2) (I think that is closer to the original than Mind Control)

Sleep -- 4D6 Endurance Drain, Ranged

Telekinesis -- 30 Str TK

Flesh to Stone -- 6D6 Major Transform to stone

Disintegrate -- 7D6 Body Drain, Ranged

Fear -- +45 Pre, only for Pre attacks (-1)

Slow -- 6D6 Speed Drain, Ranged

Cause Serious Wounds -- 3D6 RKA, Armor Piercing

Death Ray -- 7D6 RKA, all or nothing (-2) (must drop target to negative Body in one shot)

Weapons

Minigun -- 2 1/2D6 RKA, Autofire x10, 250 charges, OIF

Missiles -- 4D6 RKA, Armor Piercing, Increased Range x5, Explosion, 3 charges, OIF

Dome thing on top of his head -- IR & UV vision, OIF

Yellow thing on his right side -- 6D6 Flash vs sight, Area Effect hex, OIF

Gray thing with 8 holes on his right side -- Gas emitter, 4D6 Energy Blast NND , Area of Effect Hex, OIF

Helicopter eyepiece -- +8 vs range penalties, OIF

----

I'd put all the weapons in a multipower.  I'd put the eyestalks in a very large multipower, big enough to use one of the big murdering powers and one of the smaller powers at the same time, or 3 small powers at once.  I might have to adjust the active points of those powers so they'd fit.  Only being able to use two or three powers at a time reflects not being able to bring all eyes to bear on the same target at once.  He's dangerous enough to be a potentially lethal threat against superheroes, and even without the tech weapons he's deadly to powerful fantasy characters.