Champions Villains Character Pack Bundle

Wildcat

About a year ago I purchased the Champions Villains Character Pack Bundle. I have used various characters over the year, but when I went to pull up the Ultimates in Volume II there weren't there. In face quite a few of the Teams weren't there. I figured maybe I didn't download the zip file properly, so I went and grabbed it again, but NOPE still not there.

Opened up a ticket a couple of days ago, and no response as of yet.

Has anyone purchased this and found the same thing or am I special? (Tryied searching the forums for this but wan't able to find anything )

Wildcat

Attached is the folders I have in Volume II

image.png.cb8cc50a1b147918c0894a50d6238234.png

I purchased the Villain Pack many years ago and never actually got around to looking at it.  I just checked it and have the same issues as Wildcat.

It is clearly not just a matter of files being cut off because some folders have different names that what Amorkca showed. For example, in the version that Wildcat and I appear to have, the folders for the Futurists and the Crimelords are named FUTURIST and CRIMELORDS, whereas in Amorkca's version, they are named THE_CRIME-LORDS and THE_FUTURISTS.

I will also try to get in touch with Jason about this and see about getting it fixed.

Amorkca, did you purchase the villain bunde or did you purchase Champions Villains 2 as a separate pack?

I ask because my purchase of the bundle and Wildcat's purchase of the bundle were many years apart and we both have the same issue. And I'm just wondering if the  Villains 2 Character Pack sold separately is actually different from the one in the bundle.

EDIT: Also, Amorkca, does your version of the Crowns of Krim include Bloodstone and Dark Seraph?  They are missing from my version (and, I assume, from Wildcat's).

On 6/9/2020 at 3:31 AM, Wildcat said:

I tried to send a PM to Jason, but got a error saying 'that user wasn't accepting mesages'

Been a week now and nothing. For a product I bought a year ago. Is this the state of things at Hero today?

I think Jason Walters is the only one who would be handle Hero Support tickets at this point. And running Hero Games is only a small part of his overall job. So I don't know how often he checks support tickets.

He got back to me, and told me those files are unavailable. And offered me a refund in the form of store credit.

And I understand it's not his full-time job anymore. But I love Hero Games, been playing it since the beginning and still do every week, and it pains me to see it become just a side gig for the creators, but alas it has and I don't begrudge them making a living.

On 6/12/2020 at 10:29 AM, rjcurrie said:

Amorkca, did you purchase the villain bunde or did you purchase Champions Villains 2 as a separate pack?

I ask because my purchase of the bundle and Wildcat's purchase of the bundle were many years apart and we both have the same issue. And I'm just wondering if the  Villains 2 Character Pack sold separately is actually different from the one in the bundle.

EDIT: Also, Amorkca, does your version of the Crowns of Krim include Bloodstone and Dark Seraph?  They are missing from my version (and, I assume, from Wildcat's).

I bought the Complete Character Villain Pack back in 2014.

https://www.herogames.com/clients/purchases/3361-champions-villains-complete-character-pack/

It does include both Bloodstone & Dark Seraph

On 6/12/2020 at 11:17 AM, Wildcat said:

He got back to me, and told me those files are unavailable. And offered me a refund in the form of store credit.

And I understand it's not his full-time job anymore. But I love Hero Games, been playing it since the beginning and still do every week, and it pains me to see it become just a side gig for the creators, but alas it has and I don't begrudge them making a living.

Hmmm

I wonder if I download the character pack again if it would have the same problems you guys have noticed?

I am actually quite curious to find out the answer to that question. I bought it as part of the Bundle of all 3 books and since no one else seems to be having the same issue as I am... I wonder if my link to the product is the actual issue. If you do re-download it I would really appreciate knowing the outcome either way

(Sorry didn't see rjcurrie's post until today... Sometimes looking on my phone makes me miss things as I scroll to the bottom)