Invisible vehicle

Nothere

So I've been working on an idea for a villain's base. Only its not a base per se. It's a vehicle he uses as a base. Which is besides the point. The point is it's invisible. Now according to the vehicle rules what effects the vehicle effect the passengers. So the passengers are invisible too. But what about inside the vehicle? If everything is invisible then the passengers can't set the radar because they can't find it. As I see it there are a few ways around this saying the invisibilty only works on those looking in from outside is the easiest, but isn't that against the rules. The second personal immunity, but that would mean the passengers are visible to outsiders right? And finally as an advantage, those inside see everything fine, but how big of an advantage is that?

I don't think making the Vehicle Invisible makes the contents invisible to the passengers, nor the passengers invisible to one another, any more than Life Support: Self Contained Breathing would protect the passengers if someone set off a gas grenade INSIDE the vehicle.

Lucius Alexander

I can see a palindromedary

Invisibility purchased on the vehicle/base will behave just like the Helicarrier in the first Avengers movie.

I've used a similar combination with Shrinking to model the TARDIS.  Build the base/vehicle with a SIZE equal to the perceived internal size.  Purchase enough Shrinking to make the external size line up with that of a police box.  Anyone who enters is instantly 'shrunk' to the same scale as the interior.

HM

• 1 month later...

Yep I'm thinking of light warping for the invisibility. So I'm right about the passengers being able to see without having to do anything. Though so, but all the book says is that such a power on the vechicle affects the passengers.

If the power didn't affect the passengers the vehicle would be invisible, but they'd still be able to be seen by an outside observer. That's really all that means in this case. Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet is the classic example here - it's simply transparent as an inherent quality. 

Again, it comes back to special effects... if the power is a magic spell that literally turns the vehicle and everything in it transparent, the passengers wouldn't be able to see each other.

Both cases quoted above might well qualify for a Limitation.  As with armour that protects the vehicle but not its passenger (i.e. a motorcycle) it should cost less if it provides less benefit. And note that a normal armoured hull won't protect one passenger if another passenger shoots them.