Magic Phrase

Maccabe

We've all heard of a superhero who has to say a magic word or phrase in order to get into hero form and that is the only way they can.

My question is this; How would you write up such a limitation? Is it worth anything especially if this phrase can be interrupted or prevented in

some way...

2 hours ago, dsatow said:

LOL, the first thing I thought when I saw the subject of this thread was this:

"Not in the face!  Not in the face!" +3 DCV incantations throughout "Not in the face!  Not in the face!" (-1/2) Active 15 pts, Real 10 pts.

"Not in the face! Not in the face!":  (Total: 30 Active Cost, 9 Real Cost) Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Only Works Against Melee/ hand to hand attacks that hit locations 3-5, or are aimed at 3-5 (-1), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), Requires A Roll (Skill roll : Persuasion; -1/2), Nonpersistent (-1/4) (Real Cost: 9)

Assumes Hit Locations are used. If the character is uttering the incantations, and an attack hits the head, roll for Persuasion: success means the damage is halved because at the last second the attacker hit some less sensitive location instead.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary chants "Not in the faces, not in the faces!"