Str as Power with Continuing Charges

I'm sure this has been answered but all my various combos of "Characteristics + Continuing Charges" I've tried haven't been fruitful.

At first I was pretty sure the +X Str from a 1 Turn (continuing) Charge would still cost End to USE the Str it grants during that turn.

But after rereading 6E1 I'm less sure.

Str would be Standard and Persistent.

Char as Power says it doesn't cost End unless it normally costs End and uses Str as the example.

But does that include activation or usage?

If I have +50 Str as a power OIHID I don't pay End to "turn on" that Persistent power when I go Hero ID, right? Just if I use that Str.

Would this be the same with movement? +20" Running, 1 Turn Continuing Charge...do they pay End to Run those 20"? (They'd still pay for their own movement but what about a continuing charge?)

Anyway, I figure this has been answered but I can't find it. Can anybody else point me the right direction?

I'd say that the STR increase granted by the charge(s) does not cost END to use, but the base STR still costs END. So, if you have a 10 STR and a power that gives you +40 STR on continuing charges, you could use 50 STR where the +40 costs 0 END (because of the charges) and 2 (or 1 I don't remember) END for the base 10 STR.