"Best" Way To "Create" An Aware Item/AI

Black Rose

In this case, fluff isn't relevant, but it's a spell that "awakens a[n] [object]’s spirit, granting it awareness and sapience." I know the usual way to do this would be Summon, with a Focus of "this thing here". But this isn't meant to be temporary; it's a permanent change. So, now I'm thinking Transform? Should it be Severe or Major? Anyone have thoughts?

Edit: just realized that someone might suggest Followers. While I could see that as part of a character's build, in this case I'm looking for a power build to do it from scratch, and I don't think Followers really does that.

Edited by Black Rose
had another thought

9 hours ago, Black Rose said:

In this case, fluff isn't relevant, but it's a spell that "awakens a[n] [object]’s spirit, granting it awareness and sapience." I know the usual way to do this would be Summon, with a Focus of "this thing here". But this isn't meant to be temporary; it's a permanent change. So, now I'm thinking Transform? Should it be Severe or Major? Anyone have thoughts?

Edit: just realized that someone might suggest Followers. While I could see that as part of a character's build, in this case I'm looking for a power build to do it from scratch, and I don't think Followers really does that.

"What's the power to create an object in Hero?" is a question that comes up a lot. The problem is that it doesn't have an answer. In Hero, objects are just just one possible special effect of a Power, not things in their own right. If you want an object, the mechanical way is to spend the points on the power the object gives you (Follower in this case) and declare it to be the object. Boom, done! Any creation spell is just SFX.

If you want to model the object creation power, I'd do it as Perk: Can create objects. How much it costs will depend entirely on how useful the objects are, but it shouldn't be too much. The actual points for the objects are coming from the people buying the Powers.