Ghost Girl(working title)

Beast

23 hours ago, Hugh Neilson said:

I have  a tough time working out my CompliDisads (pick your edition) without working out the character in my mind (we say "background" but I really look for "personality sketch").  But fair enough!  Seems like the government issues could carry a lot of ideas for more focused complications.

That's my general approach to Hunteds - "the group that caused her transformation" and "someone she is not yet aware of", for example.

AID - the last three letters of OIAID, but easy to see how the acronym could be confused.

As a GM, I am hearing "all important McGuffins have Power Defense - got it!"

Or just make sure they are powered by living beings shackled inside, I suppose.  "Now that I have the world's most powerful telepaths to power them, my Domination Matrix shall enable me to Rule the World!!!"

In this case my insperation was a power concept of negative mass

If I may make a suggestion?

Add a slot to the MP with a non lethal version of the field.  Keep it as is EXCEPT for the Does Body.  Then it functions as a room broom vs agents.  Any agent close to her takes 2d6 damage on every one of her phases, so ave dam 7 X 6 SPD = 42 stun.  Add her MA and she makes for a great anti agent type.  Then when the VIPERbot Shows up she can go lethal!

Just a thought!

47 minutes ago, Mr. R said:

If I may make a suggestion?

Add a slot to the MP with a non lethal version of the field.  Keep it as is EXCEPT for the Does Body.  Then it functions as a room broom vs agents.  Any agent close to her takes 2d6 damage on every one of her phases, so ave dam 7 X 6 SPD = 42 stun.  Add her MA and she makes for a great anti agent type.  Then when the VIPERbot Shows up she can go lethal!

Just a thought!

I'll buy something with experience
taking off the does body advantage only allows an extra 1/2d6
it needs a new power build

Reviewing:

Placing Reduced Endurance on a Multipower rather than the slots is at least potentially legal, so that's between you and your GM. No further concern iof mine.

It's been pointed out that while GG still has her Martial Arts and Speed outside her Hero ID she's the most fragile of spun-glass cannons. This has dramatic possibilities. If you're okay with the choices it places on the character, I am more than okay with it too.👍

Ah: the BODY AVAD field is a *focus breaker.* Any adversary who depends on breakable Foci will be hosed... if Ghost Girl is willing to harm the people around her. Which she may have to do, and consequently wrestle with her Code vs Killing. Which, again, is dramatic.

(And while it's very powerful in some circumstances, it's no more so than, say, a high-STR brick with levels in Grab. Now *there's* a character you end up building antagonists and scenarios around. I speak from experience as GM.)

The Hunteds are just placeholders, sure. In my group, we often just write in, "Hunted: Major Campaign Adversary," or something like that, because it's often not certain who will become the ongoing Big Bad.

Invisibility, Desolidification, and Teleportation that can MegaScale make Ghost Girl the infiltration and quick escape paragon for any team she's in. This is in no way a criticism; I just hope the GM is ready for a character who can bypass many obstacles. I've alowed more in my campaigns.

As far as I'm concerned, that covers everything in the write-up. The character seems eminently playable. Unless you want to give more description of her origin story and personality, I'm done.

Dean Shomshak

9 minutes ago, DShomshak said:

Reviewing:

Placing Reduced Endurance on a Multipower rather than the slots is at least potentially legal, so that's between you and your GM. No further concern iof mine.

It's been pointed out that while GG still has her Martial Arts and Speed outside her Hero ID she's the most fragile of spun-glass cannons. This has dramatic possibilities. If you're okay with the choices it places on the character, I am more than okay with it too.👍

Ah: the BODY AVAD field is a *focus breaker.* Any adversary who depends on breakable Foci will be hosed... if Ghost Girl is willing to harm the people around her. Which she may have to do, and consequently wrestle with her Code vs Killing. Which, again, is dramatic.

(And while it's very powerful in some circumstances, it's no more so than, say, a high-STR brick with levels in Grab. Now *there's* a character you end up building antagonists and scenarios around. I speak from experience as GM.)

The Hunteds are just placeholders, sure. In my group, we often just write in, "Hunted: Major Campaign Adversary," or something like that, because it's often not certain who will become the ongoing Big Bad.

Invisibility, Desolidification, and Teleportation that can MegaScale make Ghost Girl the infiltration and quick escape paragon for any team she's in. This is in no way a criticism; I just hope the GM is ready for a character who can bypass many obstacles. I've alowed more in my campaigns.

As far as I'm concerned, that covers everything in the write-up. The character seems eminently playable. Unless you want to give more description of her origin story and personality, I'm done.

Dean Shomshak

thank you
I'll work on more origin and personality(it takes a while for me to come up with 1)

• 4 weeks later...

did a bit more tinkering and this will be the final version for a while
Thank you all for the comments
most where helpful

Ghost Girl mk6

image.jpeg.8075aafecaa3eab9435f861722a766d1.jpeg

Ghost Girl
Heather Julie Elvira Mitchell

VAL    CHA    Cost    Roll    Notes
15    STR    5    12-    HTH Damage 3d6  END [1]
18    DEX    16    13-
20    CON    10    13-
18    INT    8    13-    PER Roll 13-
10    EGO    0    11-
23    PRE    13    14-    PRE Attack: 4 1/2d6
7    OCV    20
9    DCV    30
3    OMCV    0
3    DMCV    0
6    SPD    40    Phases:  2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12
2    PD    0    2/28 PD (0/26 rPD)
2    ED    0    2/28 ED (0/26 rED)
10    REC    6
40    END    4
12    BODY    2    
40    STUN    10

Movement    Cost    Meters    Notes
RUNNING    0    12m/24m    END [1]
SWIMMING    0    4m/8m    END [1]
LEAPING    0    4m    4m forward, 2m upward
FLIGHT        80m/640m

TELEPORTATION        20m/40m

Characteristics Total: 164

Cost    Powers
    Sub-Atomic Particle manipulation, all slots Unified Power (-1/4), OIAID (-1/4) - END=
22    1)  Resistant Protection (13 PD/13 ED) (39 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/4) - END=0
39    2)  Partially Desolid(Quantum state in flux): (Total: 70 Active Cost, 39 Real Cost) Energy Damage Reduction, 50% (20 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/4) (Real Cost: 11) plus Physical Damage Reduction, 50% (20 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/4) (Real Cost: 11) plus Mental Damage Reduction, 50% (30 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/4) (Real Cost: 17) - END=0
16    3)  LS  (Immunity All terrestrial diseases; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (29 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/4) - END=0
20    4)  Energy: Detection(Halo and eyes glow)  A Large Class Of Things 13- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Range, Targeting, Telescopic:  +12 (36 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/4) [Notes: no range mods for 500m(1,640 .42 ft /0.31 miles)] - END=0
      - END=
41    Quantom physics manipulation: Multipower, 50-point reserve, all slots Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (62 Active Points); all slots Unified Power (-1/4), OIAID (-1/4) - END=
3f    1)  Mind Scramble: Mental Blast 5d6, Alternate Combat Value (uses OCV against DCV; +0) (50 Active Points) - END=2
2f    2)  Quantum radiation field: Blast 2d6, Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Constant (+1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Power Defense; +1), Does BODY (+1) (45 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) [Notes: 5m of flight] - END=2
7v    3)  Flight 40m, Position Shift, x4 Noncombat (50 Active Points) [Notes: noncombat 86 mph] - END=2
3f    4)  Quantum tunneling: Teleportation 10m, x4 Increased Mass, MegaScale (1m = 100 km; +1 1/2) (50 Active Points) - END=2
3f    5)  spreading herself very thin: Desolidification  (affected by strong magnetic and gravity fields) (40 Active Points) [Notes: 10m of flight] - END=2
2f    6)  Invisibility to Sight, Radio and Hearing Groups and Spatial Awareness  (35 Active Points) [Notes: 15m of flight] - END=1

Powers Total: 158

Cost    Martial Arts
4    Fast Strike:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, 11d6 Strike
5    Flying Dodge:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove
3    Legsweep:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 10d6 Strike, Target Falls
3    Martial Throw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 9d6 +v/10, Target Falls
4    Sacrifice Lunge:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -2 DCV, 9d6 +v/10; FMove
24    +6 HTH Damage Class(es)

Martial Arts Total: 43

Cost    Skills
4    PS: Scientist 13-
3    Scientist
2    1)  SS:  Particle Physics 12- (3 Active Points)
2    2)  SS:  Physics 12- (3 Active Points)
3    3)  SS:  Quantum Physics 13- (4 Active Points)
    Dex Skills
3    1)  Stealth 13-
    Int skills
3    1)  Shadowing 13-
3    2)  Computer Programming 13-
3    3)  Concealment 13-
3    4)  Deduction 13-
3    5)  Electronics 13-
3    6)  Inventor 13-
    Everyman skills
0    1)  Acting 8-
0    2)  Climbing 8-
0    3)  Conversation 8-
0    4)  Paramedics 8-
0    5)  Persuasion 8-
0    6)  TF:  Custom Adder, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles [Notes: Custom Mod is Everyman Skill]

Skills Total: 35

Value    Complications
20    Hunted:  S.U.S.H.I.(High tech villain group Infrequently (Mo Pow; NCI; Harshly Punish)
15    Hunted:  VIPER Infrequently (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)
10    Psychological Complication:  short cutting safety protocalls (Uncommon; Strong)
20    Psychological Complication:  Code vs killing (Very Common; Strong)
10    Social Complication:  Secret Id Infrequently, Major

Complications Points: 75

Base Points: 400
Experience: 0
Experience Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 400

This character has a powerful flavor, possibly having massive growth potential as the level of the game and the stakes climb. It fills a role, but would make sure that I saved space for other characters to shine if in a team game because of high SPD. The glass cannon with the switch is fine, and as a GM I would arrange it with player to enhance plot. I like how the edges were smoothed through each iteration.