Norse style / GoW Ragnorak game

Ninja-Bear

Hello fine folks,

My boys have lately gotten into God of War/ Ragnorak games. Now talking to them, they would be interested in the next time I run some Fantasy Hero to run it Norse style. I do have some resources but I’m always ready to listen to others if they have advice on tailoring generic fantasy to a Norse style game.

Do you have the source book, Vikings, published by Iron Crown Enterprises? It has game stats for Rolemaster and for HERO Fourth Edition. Very good historical, cultural and mythological info, numerous maps, evocative B&W artwork, and stats for a great many items, including Norse-style magic, creatures, distinctive character classes, and NPCs. More grounded in reality than the God of War computer games, though -- no stats for gods, for example. ;)

Available in both PDF and hardcopy, but you might have to shop around for them.

@Lord Liaden, for the game I’m actually I’m looking at two types of games. One is just a solo game with my youngest. He’ll be playing Kratos so it’s using SuperHeroic rules (6th). I took a Storm Giant for a starting point and so far we’re at 500 pts. didn’t even buy his weapons yet.  I have Monsters, minions and Marauders which I’m using as a base and I can power them up as needed. Being solo I’m not worried about points just for feel and relationship of Kratos to the monsters.

Then it hit me at work that when a group of us play it’s usually Fantasy and talking to my other son he likes the idea of playing just a Norse style Fantasy game. Here of course will be Heroic level game and points and balance will be a bigger consideration. I told my youngest though he can have a Kratos “lite” version in that game. 

So I’m going to see what I can reskin or modify and limit. For example, no plate armor. I’ll probably keep it to just humans. Trolls don’t have regeneration either. Stuff like that.