Any interest in a San Angelo-set campaign?

Mark Rand

Any interest in a San Angelo-set campaign?  In it, the heroes are members of the Justice Foundation superhero team and have to be, at least, 16-years-old.

Paragon has passed away, as has Benjamin Morgan.

The heroes have two aircraft, the second-generation Turbojet, and a helicopter as well as a small support staff.

Edited by Mark Rand

Thanks, Scott.

Going by the size of the University of Pittsburgh, where I worked for 28-years, UC, San Angelo's 1.3 square mile campus size can't cover 1,200 acres as listed in the book unless the main campus covers 1.3 square miles and 1,200 acres covers the main campus and all off-campus property.  For Pitt, that would include the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center buildings in Pittsburgh, Allegheny Observatory, the buildings on Thomas Boulevard and Second Avenue, the University of Pittsburgh Applied Research Center (U-PARC), and the ecology lab up by Lake Erie.

15 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Thanks, Scott.

Going by the size of the University of Pittsburgh, where I worked for 28-years, UC, San Angelo's 1.3 square mile campus size can't cover 1,200 acres as listed in the book unless the main campus covers 1.3 square miles and 1,200 acres covers the main campus and all off-campus property.  For Pitt, that would include the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center buildings in Pittsburgh, Allegheny Observatory, the buildings on Thomas Boulevard and Second Avenue, the University of Pittsburgh Applied Research Center (U-PARC), and the ecology lab up by Lake Erie.

San Angelo is  California Town. It's in the Sacramento River valley. everything west of the Mississippi spreads out a lot. Streets are wide. The UC San Angelo is comparable to the nearby UC Davis in Davis California, so a UC Campus a mile on a side is not out of the question. because of the earthquake threat, buildings are generally three stories, or less, but there are exceptions.

4 hours ago, Scott Ruggels said:

San Angelo is  California Town. It's in the Sacramento River valley. everything west of the Mississippi spreads out a lot. Streets are wide. The UC San Angelo is comparable to the nearby UC Davis in Davis California, so a UC Campus a mile on a side is not out of the question. because of the earthquake threat, buildings are generally three stories, or less, but there are exceptions.

Maybe I should've stuck with Gotham City, using the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University as the basis for Gotham State University.

On 10/14/2023 at 10:58 PM, Mark Rand said:

Possibly play-by-post on the Clubs section of this site.

Do you have ideas around posting frequency/timing? I'd be interested but between being on Central European Time and having family commitments I wouldn't want to be the one making the game drag.

3 hours ago, m.mavnn said:

Do you have ideas around posting frequency/timing? I'd be interested but between being on Central European Time and having family commitments I wouldn't want to be the one making the game drag.

No, but we can assume that your character is there and hears everything that's going on.  But then, I'm on Eastern Daylight Time right now and will be back on Eastern Standard Time in a few weeks.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...