I'd like to see a Dark Champions 3000

dmjalund

A little Babylon Five, a little Deep Space Nine, maybe a dash of Outland?

You know, there is a setting in the official Hero Universe centuries in the future which has a lot of potential. From Terran Empire p. 88: "After losing their homeworld in the war against the Fassai, the [humanoid] Renghadi used rubble from their planet and a nearby asteroid belt to construct Renghadi Station, the largest known space station in the Milky Way. Big enough to house all the Renghadi plus millions of transients, it's become not only a source of pride to the Renghadi, but a major Galactic trading port. Far-traveling Renghadi traders bring goods from all over the Galaxy to the shops and warehouses of Renghadi Station, and their opposite numbers from other species travel there to buy from them in one convenient location. Whatever a person wants, he can find somewhere on Renghadi Station - even if it's not entirely legal..."

For most of the future Hero Universe time line there are no physical "superpowers" as we commonly define them, except for some features inherent in certain alien species. Psionics, however, are not uncommon and sometimes formidable, a la B5; and augmentation through implanted "cyberware" or "bioware" is far from unknown. After the year 3000, when magic returns to the Milky Way, true superpowers become possible again in humans and most alien species.

Edited by Lord Liaden

1 hour ago, dmjalund said:

I'd like a gritty city /space station in a universe with superpowers set in the far future.

Would you mind laying out a bit more of your taste for this. I immediately jumped to Babylon 5 or DS9 like Lord Liaden, but the superpowers thing halted me in my tracks. Do you mean something like alien races with strange abilities, like Klingons having duplicate sets of necessary organs or Vulcan's strength and mind meld? Do you mean something more like Legion of Super Heroes or Guardians of the Galaxy? For some reason this just struck my curiosity like a hammer and would totally dig what you might envision if you were setting it all up.