Early Hero non-Champions Adventures

I dug through the bowels of DriveThru RPG and discovered that they have a lot of old Hero stuff on there for cheap.  I picked up:

Trail of the Golden Spike

Border Crossing

Stormhaven

Here There Be Tigers

Adventure of the Jade Jaguar* 

I had not really realized how much support they'd tried to give Justice, Inc and Danger, International.  Both were good sellers, I know, so it makes sense.  Its probably worth redoing those at some point to 6th, to promote Hero more.  Everyone keeps telling me that adventures don't sell real well but without them the game doesn't do well either, and they seem to do okay in my experience.

*technically not Hero, but a Michael Stackpole solo adventure :)

On 5/13/2024 at 8:56 PM, Christopher R Taylor said:

Stormhaven

Funny story about Stormhaven. I hadn't heard about this adventure until a few years back and discovered that it basically takes place in my backyard. The island in question is in Lake Champlain, which is about 5 minutes from my house. Though named slightly different, a while back they rented the island for retreats and such. 

On 5/14/2024 at 6:37 AM, Stanley Teriaca said:

It is a catch 22. They don't sell well for Hero (but I beleave they sold well in the ICE age because they were released regularly and were cheep), yet you really can't tell people that "adventures? Your on your own folks." because they are new game masters.

The regular and cheap part is a solid take.