Iowa Heroes

Hermit

I have to say this is one of the funniest threads I have read.

Living here may be somewhat boring, but something like this just makes you laugh.

If I were to create an Iowa hero they would have the power to make a really good game store survive on the Eastern side of Iowa. That would be the holy grail of powers.

Matthew

Originally posted by RavensPath

I have to say this is one of the funniest threads I have read.

Living here may be somewhat boring, but something like this just makes you laugh.

If I were to create an Iowa hero they would have the power to make a really good game store survive on the Eastern side of Iowa. That would be the holy grail of powers.

Matthew

Hmmm, a gaming store as a super-hero base!

"No one ever comes here!" :P

"John Deere Plant- yes this fits the sterotype, but I'm sure something could be done."

If you can make heavy duty farm eqiupment, then you can make almost anything mechanical/vehicular. At least with a little super-villain/mastermind help.

Or, more mundane, but more insidious, it could be that, for the last 20 years, the evil cabal has been placing its agents into the ALL the major harvesting equipment manufacturer's plants, and has managed to get their -special- CPUs into nearly every piece of equipment still in use. One harvest season, ALL the stuff just stops working at the same time. THEN the cabal delivers its untimatum.... A huge payoff, dictatorial power, and such, or else they wont turn all the stuff back on and the country will starve (HAHAHAHAHA!!)

Originally posted by Ghost who Walks

Roles for the Team:

1) As a counter to those "morally ambiguous" teams, the Defenders always puruse the morally correct course of action. This can be annoying.

2) Should a war break out, the Defenders will all volunteer

3) If the Heroes need reinforcement/help, the Defenders can arrive on their Team Bus

4) The Defenders claim that their presence has kept Iowa nearly supervillain free. They claim they can do the same in the campaign heroes city.

5) One of the PC's supervillains decides to conquer Iowa and establish his own kingdom. The PCs must rally the local heroes to their side.

Anything I miss? [/b]

Aren't home-grown meth labs still a problem in Iowa? Our Iowan heroes could be in constant struggle with the dread supervillain, The Methamphetamine Master!!!:)

Originally posted by Robert Harrison

Aren't home-grown meth labs still a problem in Iowa? Our Iowan heroes could be in constant struggle with the dread supervillain, The Methamphetamine Master!!!:)

Farmer Meth!

(okay enough with the farmer stuff, I know, I know...) :)

On a more serious note, Iowa's first-in-the-nation caucus status gives it a fantastic opportunity for various political shennanigans, ranging from light-hearted or apolitical ("somebody stole the ballots!") to gritty corruption.

This is wierd...the longer this thread goes on, the more I am tempted to stick all my characters there for a week...

Meh labs and drugs are problems everywhere. They are the plot that keeps on coming.

One more issue (besides the farmer stereotype). If we accept the notion that all the heroes are in either New York or Los Angeles (where the media is, the heroes like to see their pictures in the paper) then why wouldn't the supervillains be based in Iowa?

Especially if they have some plan of world domination. Picture the typical James Bond plot, set in Iowa (the last movie put it in Iceland...Iowa is more likely than that).

If Professor X was really going to run a school for young mutants...he would want it far away from exerything. Keeps away the riff-raff.

Villain idea: In the winter, the gasoline has ethanol added to it. The ethanol comes from grain, in the midwest. What if a villain sabotages the ethanol, stranding millions of commuters nation-wide? Could be enought to ruin Christmas...