Character: Duncan MacLeod

tkdguy

Here's a write-up of Duncan MacLeod, the character played by Adrian Paul in Highlander: The Series. I originall wrote up the character for 4th Edition and updated it to 5th Edition. If you think of a way I can improve the write-up, please let me know.

Duncan MacLeod

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 10 13- Lift: 400 kg, 4d6 HTH damage

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

20 CON 20 13-

22 BODY 28 13-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll: 13-

18 EGO 16 13- ECV: 7

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

18 COM 4 13-

10 PD 8 Total: 10 PD (3 rPD)

10 ED 8 Total: 10 ED (3 rED)

5 SPD 30 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

12 REC 12

60 END 15

60 STUN 28

Total Characteristics Cost: 227

Movement: Run: 6"/12", Swim: 2"/4", Leap: 4"

Cost Powers END/Roll

5 Immunity to aging

10 Immunity to disease

40 Regeneration: 1 BODY per Turn, resurrection (may be stopped by beheading), reduced endurance (0 END, +1/2), persistent (+1/2), self only (-1/2)

15 Does not bleed

7 The Buzz: Danger Sense, functions as a sense, out of combat, Only works against Immortals and pre-Immortals (-2)

13 The Quickening: 1d6 Aid, applied to any Characteristic or power (+2), Fade rate 1 century (+3 1/4), Takes 1 Turn (-1 1/4), Self only (-1/2), Only by beheading another Immortal (-2)

Martial Arts: Boxing, Fencing, Jujutsu, Karate, Kenjutsu, Kung Fu

Cost Maneuver OCV DCV Damage/Effect

4 Choke Hold -2 +0 Grab a limb, 2d6 NND(2)

5 Defensive Strike +1 +3 4d6 strike

3 Defensive Throw +1 +1 Block, target falls

4 Killing Strike -2 +0 HKA 1/2d6 (2DC)

4 Martial Block +2 +2 Block, abort

4 Martial Disarm -1 -1 Disarm, 30 STR

4 Martial Dodge -- +5 Dodge all attacks

4 Martial Escape +0 +0 35 STR vs. all grabs

4 Martial Grab -1 -1 Grab 2 limbs, 30 STR

4 Martial Strike +0 +2 6d6 strike

3 Martial Throw +0 +1 4d6 + v/5, target falls

5 Offensive Strike -2 +1 8d6 strike

3 Takedown +1 +1 4d6 strike, target falls

Cost Skills, Talents, Perks Roll

5 Acrobatics 14-

5 Breakfall 14-

3 Combat Driving 13-

6 Combat Luck (+3 rPD/+3 rED)

5 Concealment 14-

5 Contact: Joe Dawson

9 Fast Draw 16-

5 High Society 13-

3 KS: Other Immortals 12-

3 Linguist

0 Scots Gaelic (native)

4 English

2 Arabic

4 French

3 German

3 Italian

3 Japanese

3 Lakota Sioux

2 Mandarin

3 Mongolian

3 Romany

2 Russian

2 Spanish

2 Turkish

3 Navigation 11-

3 PS: Antiques Dealer 12-

2 PS: Dancer 11-

2 PS: Journalist 11-

3 Riding 13-

5 Seduction 14-

9 Shadowing 14-

5 Stealth 14-

1 Transport Fam: Planes 8-

1 Transport Fam: Ships 8-

3 Traveler

1 AK: London 11-

4 AK: Paris 14-

4 AK: Seacouver, WA 14-

1 AK: Glen Finnan 11-

10 Wealthy

2 WF: Small Arms

1 WF: Staff

2 WF: Common Melee Weapons

24 +3 levels on all OCV

10 +3 levels with swords

12 +4 levels with katana

15 +3 levels on DCV

2 KS: Boxing 11-

2 KS: Fencing 11-

2 KS: Jujutsu 11-

2 KS: Kenjutsu 11-

2 KS: Karate 11-

2 KS: Kung Fu 11-

Total Skills and Powers Cost: 363

Total Cost: 590

250+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Feature: Immortal (Not concealable,

Detectable only by other Immortals)

10 Hunted 11- by other Immortals

10 Hunted 8- by renegade Watchers (NCI)

10 Observed 14- by Watcher Organization (NCI)

15 Physical Limitation: Can't fight on holy ground

20 Normal Characteristic Maxima

0 Physical Limitation: Cannot have children

20 Psychological Limitation: Code of honor

15 Psychological Limitation: Judgmental

15 Psychological Limitation: Must fight duels one-on-one

15 Secret ID: Immortal

200 Experience

Total Disadvantages Cost: 590

Background: Duncan MacLeod was born in Glen Finnan, Scotland on the Winter Solstice (Dec. 21) in the year 1592. He was a foundling, taken in as an infant by Ian MacLeod, the clan chieftain, and his wife Mary. The couple raised Duncan as their own son.

When Duncan became a young man, he fell in love with Debra Campbell, who returned his love. Unfortunately, Debra was betrothed to Duncan's cousin Robert. Enraged, Robert challenged Duncan to a duel, and Duncan was forced to kill his kinsman. Debra died soon after the incident, falling from a great height. Thus, the union between the MacLeods and Campbells would never come to pass.

Duncan was mortally wounded in a skirmish with the Clan Campbell in 1622. He died in his father's house, but returned to life shortly thereafter. He thought a miracle had taken place, but the rest of the clan suspected him of practicing witchcraft. His own father denounced and banished him.

Distraught, Duncan left his home. He encountered Ian soon after his banishment. The elder MacLeod again rejected his son, revealing the fact that Duncan was in fact a foundling.

Duncan saw his family once more two years later. An Immortal marauder named Kanwulf raided Duncan's village with his men and personally killed Ian MacLeod. Duncan tracked down Kanwulf and defeated him. But Duncan still had not learned about the Game and failed to take Kanwulf's head.

In 1625, Duncan fought in a battle at Glen Fruin. Although he was cut down, he recovered from his wounds. A man came to him and introduced himself as Connor MacLeod, who lived in Glen Finnan generations before Duncan was born. Like Duncan, Connor had recovered from a mortal wound and was cast out of the clan. Connor revealed that they were Immortal and taught Duncan the rules of the Game. The two clansmen became good friends and had many adventures together.

Duncan wandered throughout the world in the 1600s and 1700s. He saw many things and learned many skills. In Renaissance Italy, he learned how to read and write. In Mongolia, he learned the martial arts. He traveled far and wide, growing in experience and wisdom. He made many friends and many enemies.

In 1635, Duncan first met Amanda, a beautiful Immortal thief. The two became friends and eventually lovers. Their on again, off again relationship would continue for centuries. Two years later, he met another Immortal named Hugh Fitzcairn, who became one of his closest friends.

In 1658, Duncan, weary of the world, took refuge in a monastery that sheltered Immortals. He met Kalas, a talented scribe and singer. Duncan soon learned that Kalas secretly waylaid departing Immortals and took their heads. Duncan exposed Kalas' treachery and had him expelled from the Monastery. Kalas left, swearing vengeance on Duncan MacLeod.

In 1745, Duncan fought under the banner of Bonnie Prince Charlie. The Scots fought bravely, but they were no match for the English soldiers. Duncan helped smuggle the Prince to France, then he returned to Scotland to protect his people from the depredations of the English occupying force.

After he had tired of killing English soldiers, Duncan rejoined Connor in Ireland. Duncan met a pre-Immortal named Kate, eventually falling in love with her. The two married, but Duncan stabbed his bride on their wedding night to grant her Immortality. Kate was horrified by the prospect and ran off into the night.

In 1778, Duncan was shipwrecked in Japan. He was rescued and befriended by a samurai named Hideo Koto. The samurai sheltered Duncan and taught him jujutsu and the use of the katana. But Hideo Koto knew he was breaking the law by harboring a foreigner. His lord allowed him to commit seppuku to atone. He bequeathed his katana to Duncan, who used it as his sword thereafter.

In 1815, while serving in the Napoleonic Wars under Lord Wellington, Duncan met an Immortal named Darius. Darius had once been a ruthless warlord, but he had reformed and was now living as a Catholic priest. Darius taught Duncan the way of peace, and the two Immortals became good friends.

Duncan traveled to the United States, where he worked as a journalist. He also took part in the Civil War. He first fought in the Union army; then he worked in the Underground Railroad.

After the Civil War, Duncan settled down with the Lakota Sioux. He fell in love with a woman who had a son, and he took them as his own family. He lived happily until 1872. One day, the tribe was wiped out by American soldiers. An Immortal named Kern was working with the army. Mad with grief, Duncan searched for Kern, but he never found him. Instead, he ran into Koltec, an Immortal shaman who helped Duncan come to terms with his grief.

Duncan was active in both World Wars. In World War I, Duncan served in both the French and British armies as a medic. In World War II, he fought in the French Resistance and later worked for British Intelligence. In 1944, he took part in an unsuccessful plot to kill Adolph Hitler.

In 1980, Duncan met Tessa Noel, a beautiful artist. They fell in love and lived together for twelve years. Ducan revealed his Immortality to Tessa, and she accepted him for who he was. Duncan and Tessa lived in Paris and in Seacouver, where they opened an antiques shop.

In 1992, a young thief named Richie Ryan tried to break into the shop. He was discovered by Duncan. Realizing that the young man was also going to be Immortal one day, Duncan took Richie under his wing. Richie lived with Duncan and Tessa, first in Seacouver, then in Paris.

Later that year, Darius sent word to Duncan, warning him about an evil Immortal named Grayson. Grayson was once Darius' second in command and hated the priest for turning his back on his martial practices. Grayson attempted to kill Darius' mortal protege, Victor Paulus. Duncan stopped Grayson and took his head. Duncan then flew to Paris, where he had sent Tessa and Richie.

In 1993, Duncan and Fitzcairn found Darius' headless body inside his own church. They tracked down the killers, but the leader escaped. Duncan ran into him upon his return to Seacouver. He also learned about the Watchers, a secret group of mortals dedicated to observing and recording Immortal lives, but never interfering. A group of Watchers had betrayed their oath and started hunting down Immortals. Duncan fought the leader of these renegades, James Horton, and left him for dead. He also met a Watcher named Joe Dawson, who later became his friend.

Soon after these events, Tessa and Richie were shot by a mugger. They died, but Richie came back to life and learned that he too was Immortal. Duncan began to train Richie. The young Immortal showed great promise, and he soon became a skilled fighter.

During the next few years, Duncan fought many Immortals. He again crossed paths with Kalas, Kern, and Kanwulf. Duncan eventually defeated these opponents. However, he also lost several friends including Fitzcairn, who was killed by Kalas.

In 1996, Duncan met Adam Pierson, who turned out to be Methos, the oldest living Immortal. Methos had been alive for over 5000 years. The ancient

Immortal had retired from the game and was posing as a Watcher. He proved to be a good ally for Duncan, once helping Duncan get rid of the effects of a Dark Quickening.

But Methos had a dark side too. Thousands of years ago, he was one of the Four Horsemen, a group of Immortals who spread terror throughout the known world. Methos was forced by Kronos, another of the Horsemen, to reunite the group. He pretended to go along, but he secretly enlisted the aid of Duncan MacLeod. Together, Duncan and Methos put an end to the Horsemen.

In 1998, the demon Ahriman returned to Earth after a thousand years. Having the ability to appear in any form, Ahriman tricked Duncan into killing Richie.

Grieving, Duncan hid himself in a monastery for a year to meditate and form a plan to defeat Ahriman. He learned that that the way to defeat the demon was not to use force, but to meditate and suppress the evil eithin one's self. Duncan defeated Ahriman and banished him from the Earth.

In 2000, Duncan came to Connor's aid. Connor had earned the enmity of Jacob Kell, a powerful Immortal. Kell was too strong to overcome alone. Connor, in despair, challenged Duncan and forced his student to take his head. Empowered by Connor's Quickening, Duncan killed Jacob Kell.

Kate, now calling herself Faith, was working for Kell. She was still angry with Duncan for what he did. After Duncan had defeated Kell, however, she and Duncan were able to reconcile.

Height: 183 cm (6'1"), Weight: 98 kg (215 lbs), Sex: male, Race: Immortal

Appearance: Duncan is tall and has a muscular build. He has short black hair and brown eyes. He is usually dressed casually, but he almost always wears a trench coat to conceal his katana. He is quite charming and often attracts women.

About the only thing that I can think of that you could do with

your writeup would be to include Duncan's reunion with Darius and the circumstances which brought it about (Darius's

message to Duncan asking for his aid against an Immortal named

Grayson, Darius's former second-in-command during the period

before he renounced his life of warfare). You might also want to

include Duncan's marriage to future Immortal Kate, and his being

reunited with her during the incident involving Kell.

Space Cadet :cool:

Thanks for the suggestions, Space Cadet. I am going to revise it so that Kate will be mentioned. I had originally written it up for 4th edition, and I didn't like the thought of Duncan having married. I thought the producers contradicted themselves, since a gypsy said Duncan would "bury many women, but marry none of them." (In "The Darkness," the episode where Tessa dies)

I hadn't thought of putting Grayson in there, as the write-up already took up six pages in Microsoft Word, but i can add that too.

I am revising the write-up, when I can find the CD where I kept the thing. Unfortunately, my old computer died, and much of my stuff died with it.

I will keep at it, as it remains a work in progress. I will post my write-up of Methos as well.

When I posted those suggestions to you, tkdguy, there was one

character that was part of Duncan's background who complete-

ly slipped my mind: the Tracy Scoggins character (the witch who

saved Duncan from a future enemy back when he was a teen-

ager; her name was Cassandra, IIRC). She was also part of Methos's

background as well (back when he was one of the Four Horse-

men).

Hopefully, I haven't forgotten anything else about the character

that might be of help to you.

Just had a flash of memory zip through the gray matter: the part

of MacLeod's background when he was under the influence of a

Dark Quickening, shortly after having had to kill Koltec when the

latter had become evil from absorbing the Quickenings of too

many evil Immortals throughout his life.

I knew there had to be a reason for the "Otherwise Useless Trivia"

section of my brain to exist...

Space Cadet :D

I have some good news for all you Highlander fans out there. I have found my original (4th Edition) write-up. I am currently revising it for 5th Edition. It's especially good news because now I don't have to start from scratch.

I did lose some data, however, including the work I did on Dark Quickenings. I will include that stuff on my work.

Its a minor piont, perhaps, but the stats would be more effective if you changed the Dex, Con & Pre from 20. The "Break Points" are 13, 18, 23, ect for stat rolls (ex: dex of 23/5+9=roll of 14- & Base OCV/DCV of 8; for only a Dex of 21, you would still have the OCV/DCV of 8, but a stat roll of 13-) This is obviously most important for Dex, but unless you are going to go above 20 on those stats, you might as well leave them at 18 & save the points. ( Gosh, I sound like a Powergamer :-o) seriously, its just a bit cleaner & more efficient that way.

Absolutely great job on the Life History! You, Sir, are a true Highlander Fan. COOL!

As a fun exercise for someone to do:

run through the canonical history of Duncan, and tally up all the quickenings he has had, then roll up the Aids (great way to do it for simplisity, but it doesn't take into account that Quickening power transfers when you kill another Immortal (hence the reason Connor wanted Duncan to take his head--he supposedly got more than just the energy for a single kill, he received the sum-total of energy for all the kills Connor had as well).

Then we can have a poll for where the Aid points should go.

:D

Good suggestions here from ShadowHawk and Chromatic. I will revise Duncan's write-up when I have the time and energy to do it, maybe this weekend. I may raise his DEX to 23 after all, since he got Connor's Quickening. I think all the points in AID were put into OCV/DCV in order to defeat Kell. As for the other points of AID, considering how Connor and Duncan always seem to get women to sleep with them with minimum effort, I think PRE is a good dumping ground. And COM too.

Thank you for the kind words, ShadowHawk. Some people push dope; I push Highlander.

Originally posted by tkdguy

Update: I'm almost finished with the revision. I'm just trying to figure out how to write up Dark Quickening and the Methuselah crystal. Does anyone have suggestions?

From what I remember about the Methuselah Crystal from the

series, an Immortal in possession of the crystal would (accord-

ing to legend) be impervious to any form of killing attack

whatsoever, including decapitation -- but only while he

or she had actual physical possession of the crystal, and only

while the crystal remained in one piece.

With that in mind, I'd suggest writing it up as Power Defense

vs. Killing Attacks with the Focus limitation (just for the rec-

ord, that's the Breakable Focus limitation; the crystal wasn't

indestructible in spite of its power).

Now, as far as the Dark Quickening is concerned, that's going

to be a somewhat tougher nut to crack, but I'll give it a shot.

One way to handle it would be something similar to what was

suggested in the Horror World section of Champions in

3D: use a Transformation Attack to achieve the specific

effect that you're looking for (for Ci3D, it was to transform a normal, sane human into a raving mind-blasted

lunatic). In the context of a Highlander campaign, a Dark

Quickening could be done as follows: Transformation Attack

(only to turn a good Immortal into an evil Immortal).

I hadn't thought of writing up the Methuselah Crystal as an EC,

but considering it was almost 4 A.M. here when I posted my

reply, my mind was partly asleep, so it didn't occur to me.

That said, I can't find anything wrong with what you've posted

here, especially with regard to the FREd Highlander Hero

rules. In fact, I plan on getting a printout of these 5thEd rules

once I've got access to a decent printer (I already have two

different versions of "fan-brewed" Highlander rules, both

written for use with the GURPS system).

Methos

Methos

Val CHA Cost Roll Notes

13 STR 3 12- Lift 150 kg; 2 ½ d6 HTH Damage

18 DEX 24 13- OCV: 6/DCV: 6

20 CON 30 13-

20 BODY 30 13-

21 INT 12 13- PER Roll 11-

20 EGO 30 13- ECV: 7

16 COM 3 13-

8 PD 5 Total: 8 PD (3 rPD)

8 ED 4 Total: 8 ED (3 rED)

4 SPD 12 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

10 REC 3

50 END 5

50 STUN 13

Total Characteristics Cost: 184

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers & Skills

5 Immunity to aging

10 Immunity to disease

40 Regeneration: 1 BODY per Turn, resurrection (may be stopped by beheading), reduced endurance (0 END, +½), persistent (+½), self only (-½)

7 The Buzz: Danger Sense, functions as a sense, out of combat, only works against Immortals and pre-Immortals (-2).

15 Does not bleed

13 The Quickening: 1d6 Aid, applied to any Characteristic or power (+2), Fade rate 1 century (+3 1/4), Takes 1 Turn (-1 1/4), Self only (-½), only by beheading another Immortal (-2)

5 Empower Weapon 1d6 RKA, no range (-1/2), OAF sword (-1), linked to sword attack (-1/2)

10 The Last: 3d6 Telepathy, takes full phase (-1/2)

Martial Arts: Swordfighting

Maneuver OCV DCV Damage

4 Counterstrike +2 +2 2d6+1, must follow parry

4 Lock +1 +0 Bind +10 STR

4 Parry +2 +2 Block, Abort

5 Plunging Strike -2 +1 3d6

4 Slash +0 +2 2d6+1

5 Thrust +1 +3 1 ½ d6

4 Martial Dodge -- +5 Dodge all attacks, abort

Perks:

2 Deep Cover (Adam Pierson)

10 Wealthy

Talents:

6 Combat Luck

5 Eidetic Memory

Skills:

3 Climbing 13-

3 Combat Driving 13-

5 Computer Programming 14-

5 Concealment 14-

5 Conversation 8-

5 Contact: Joe Dawson 11-

5 Deduction 14-

5 Eidetic Memory

9 Fast Draw 16-

5 High Society 13-

5 KS: Other Immortals 14-

3 KS: Research Procedures 12-

3 Linguist

4 English

3 Arabic

2 Egyptian

4 French

3 German

4 Greek

4 Italian

3 Japanese

2 Mandarin

3 Mongolian

3 Russian

3 Spanish

3 Turkish

3 Navigation 11-

5 Paramedics 14-

3 PS: Historian 12-

2 PS: Doctor 11-

5 Riding 14-

3 Seduction 13-

9 Shadowing 14-

7 Stealth 15-

3 Traveler

5 CK: London 14-

5 CK: Paris 14-

3 CK: Seacouver, WA 12-

7 Tactics 15-

1 TF: Small motorized ground vehicles

16 +2 levels on all combat

10 +2 on all DCV

6 +2 levels with swords

5 Defense Maneuver II

361 Total Powers & Skills Cost

545 Total Character Cost

300+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Immortal (not concealable, other Immortals only)

20 Hunted: Other Immortals 14-

15 Physical Limitation: Cannot fight on holy ground

15 Psychological Limitation: Rules of Combat

15 Psychological Limitation: Cynical, jaded personality

10 Psychological Limitation: Hates the sea

20 Psychological Limitation: Self-centered

10 Public ID:

10 Reputation: Oldest Immortal (extreme, 8-)

85 Experience

545 Total Disadvantage Points

Background/History: Methos is the oldest living Immortal, having lived for over five millennia. Little is known about this ancient Immortal. Indeed, he is little more than a legend to most people. His identity is so secret, that while the Watchers know of his existence, they do not know who he is.

Methos himself barely remembers his own past. He remembers taking his first head about 5000 years ago, but hardly anything before that. However, he does remember that he has not always been as peaceful as he is today.

During his youth in the Bronze Age, Methos teamed up with three other Immortals: Kronos, Silas, and Caspian. Together, they became the Four Horsemen, and they spread terror wherever they roamed, killing people and pillaging villages. But Methos was not as ruthless as the others, and when the group disbanded, he became more altruistic.

Only sketchy details are revealed about Methos during ancient times. From his journals it is inferred that he traveled to Egypt and Greece, as he wrote in hieroglyphics and Greek. It is not known whether he ever traveled to Rome, but as he survived the rise and fall of the Roman Empire, it is safe to assume that he made at least one journey to the Eternal City.

Details about Methos’ life during the Middle Ages are equally vague. Sometime during the 800’s, Methos sailed to Ireland with a group of monks. He found the experience so distasteful that to this day he hates the sea. In the 1400’s he studied medicine at Magdeburg.

During the nineteenth century, Methos befriended the Immortal poet Lord Byron. He was with Byron and Percy Shelly at Byron’s retreat when another Immortal challenged Byron. Byron won the duel, but he fell dead from his wounds. Shelly’s wife Mary witnessed the duel and the resulting Quickening. She also watched Byron die and return to life. Methos told her about Immortals, and she used her knowledge to create the novel Frankenstein.

By this time, Methos had become averse to killing. He tended to avoid fighting other Immortals unless he had no choice.

Eventually, Methos learned about the Watchers. He joined the organization under the name Adam Pierson. Ironically, he was assigned to research himself. Methos made sure the Watchers never learned his true identity. He also used the Watcher database to research other Immortals so that he could avoid them.

But Methos’ true identity was discovered, first by Duncan MacLeod, and then by Kalas. Kalas wanted to take Methos’ head in order to gain enough power to defeat MacLeod. Methos, having avoided combat for so long, found that he could not defeat Kalas. He escaped and tried to force MacLeod to take his head. But MacLeod would not kill Methos. Methos arranged to have Kalas arrested for murder. Kalas soon escaped, but MacLeod defeated him in combat.

At Joe Dawson’s bar in Seacouver, Methos met a waitress named Alexa Bond and was attracted to her. He won her over through charm and persistence. He soon learned that Alexa was terminally ill. Undeterred, Methos took her to around the world, leaving her only to help MacLeod break free of a Dark Quickening.

When Alexa’s condition worsened, Methos attempted to obtain the Methuselah stone, a crystal that could grant longevity. Sadly, he failed, and Alexa died. Methos buried her in Paris, where he lived.

In 1997, Kronos found Methos and forced him to find the other Horsemen. Kronos had developed a virus that would kill millions. He intended to rule the world with the other Horsemen. Methos knew he could not beat Kronos, so he secretly enlisted the aid of Duncan MacLeod. MacLeod killed Caspian and Kronos, while Methos killed Silas.

In recent years, Methos left the Watchers. But he teamed up with Joe Dawson, whose daughter was kidnapped by an Immortal who held a grudge against Methos. Methos fought and killed his enemy.

When Connor MacLeod disappeared, Duncan searched for him. Methos told Duncan about the Sanctuary, a place where Immortals weary of the Game could stay. Methos, along with Joe Dawson, later rescued Duncan when the Watchers kidnapped the latter.

Personality/Motivation: Methos believes he has seen and done everything, and he is probably right. He has grown somewhat weary of the world and has become cynical and jaded. However, he still values his life. Therefore, although he tries to avoid the Game as much as possible, he will fight to the best of his ability when cornered.

Quote: “Duncan MacLeod. Mi casa es su casa. Have a beerâ€

Powers/Tactics: Methos is a skilled swordsman. However, he has grown weary of the violence that all Immortals live with. He therefore prefers to avoid combat unless he is forced to fight or if he is protecting a friend. Methos wields a bastard sword with both hands.

Appearance: Methos is tall and thin, with short dark hair. He usually wears oversized sweaters and is immensely fond of beer.

Designer's Notes: Methos is played by Peter Wingfield, who appeared in Highlander: The Series and Highlander: Endgame.

( Methos is created by Davis/Panzer Productions, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

Quick question. How did they ever reconcile the totally different continuity of the original Highlander Movie and the Highlander TV Show?

I read somewhere that Davis/Panzer productions decided that the movies and the TV series were set in parallel universes. I can't verify or disprove that statement, but most fans are displeased with the lack of continuity in the movies and in the TV show; sometimes a later episode would refute a claim made in an earlier one. And most people were displeased with Endgame, just like they didn't like HL 2 or 3.

The problem with this genre is that it keeps reinventing itself in the hope of attracting new fans. Unfortuately, doing so only seems to anger the existing fans.

• 6 months later...

Re: Character: Duncan MacLeod

Since thread resurection seems to be in vogue these days I thought I'd bring back this one with a new character:

Stuart MacLeod

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 10 13- Lift 400.0kg; 4d6 HTH damage

21 DEX 36 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

20 CON 20 13-

20 BODY 20 13-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

15 EGO 10 12- ECV: 5

18 PRE 8 13- PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6

14 COM 2 12-

11 PD 10 Total: 11 PD (0 rPD)

8 ED 4 Total: 8 ED (0 rED)

5 SPD 29 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

10 REC 4

40 END 0

40 STUN 0 Total Characteristics Cost: 158

Movement: Run: 7"/NC"

Swim: 2"/NC"

Cost Powers END

6 Sharp Senses: Enhanced Perception (+2 to PER Rolls for All Sense Groups)

15 No Blood Loss: Does not bleed (15 Active Points)

5 Empower Weapon: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6 (vs. PD) (15 Active Points); OAF Sword (-1), Linked to Sword Attack (-1/2), No Range (-1/2) 1

15 Eternal Youth and Perfect Health: Life Support (Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents, Longevity: Immortal)

13 The Quickening: Aid 1d6 (max. Aided Points: 6): Any, Can be applied to any Characteristic or Power (+2), Delayed Return Rate (5 Points per Century; +3 1/4) (62 Active Points); Only by beheading another Immortal (-2), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12); -1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

40 Regeneration: Healing 1d6 (max. Healed Points: 6) (Resurrection (may be stopped by beheading)), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2)

25 The Way of Yeng Tao: Multipower, 25-point reserve

1u 1) The Knifehand Blow: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) (22 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) 2

1u 2) Fist of the Five Warriors: Hand-To-Hand Attack +1d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (7 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Only vs one target (-1/4), No Knockback (-1/4) 1

1u 3) Hand of the Winds: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Invisible Power Effects (Sight Group; +1/2) (22 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 2

2u 4) The Delicate Whirlwind: Hand-To-Hand Attack +2d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (2" Radius; +1 1/4) (25 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 2

1u 5) The Catapulting Blow: Hand-To-Hand Attack +2d6, Double Knockback (2x KB; +3/4) (17 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 2

1u 6) The Rock-smashing Fist: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Penetrating (+1/2) (22 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 2

Equipment

Blood Crystal Sword: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Penetrating (x2; +1) (90 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1)

Martial Arts: MA NAME

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

5 1) Thrust - Defensive Strike +1 +3 STR Strike

4 2) Slash - Martial Strike +0 +2 STR +2d6 Strike

4 3) Parry - Martial Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

5 4) Lunge - Offensive Strike -2 +1 STR +4d6 Strike

4 5) Disarm - Martial Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; +10 STR to Disarm roll

5 6) Beheading Stroke - Sacrifice Strike +1 -2 STR +4d6 Strike

Perks

5 Money (Well Off)

3 Anonymity

Talents

15 Combat Sense 12-

7 Sense Immortal - Danger Sense (12-) (Function as a Sense, Sensitivity: Out of Combat) (22 Active Points); Only vs Immortals or Pre-Immortals (-2)

Skills

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Animal Handler (Camels, Canines, Equines) 8-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Climbing 13-

3 Computer Programming 12-

3 Concealment 12-

3 Conversation 13-

3 Criminology 12-

3 Cryptography 12-

3 Deduction 12-

5 Defense Maneuver: I-II

3 Fast Draw 13-

7 Gambling (Card Games, Chess, Craps, Horse Racing, Roulette) 12-

3 High Society 13-

3 Lipreading 12-

3 Oratory 13-

3 Persuasion 13-

2 PS: Teacher 11-

3 Riding 13-

1 SS: Astronomy 8-

1 SS: Botany 8-

1 SS: Chemistry 8-

1 SS: Geology 8-

1 SS: Medicine 8-

1 SS: Physics 8-

1 SS: Zoology 8-

3 Sleight Of Hand 13-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Streetwise 13-

8 Survival (Desert, Temperate/Subtropical, Tropical, Urban) 12-

3 Tactics 12-

3 Tracking 12-

3 Trading 13-

12 +8 vs. location penalties for Beheading Stroke

16 +2 with All Combat

3 +1 with any blade

4 +2 with Blood Crystal Sword

9 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Camels, Carts & Carriages, Equines, Parachuting, Basic, Rafts, SCUBA, Skiing (snow), Small Rowed Boats

4 Weaponsmith (Firearms, Muscle-Powered HTH, Muscle-Powered Ranged) 12-

12 WF: Common Martial Arts Melee Weapons, Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Early Firearms, Lances, Small Arms, Staffs

3 Linguist

2 1) Language: Bengali: Completely Fluent, w/Accent (3 Active Points)

2 2) Language: Cantonese: Completely Fluent, w/Accent (3 Active Points)

2 3) Language: Dutch: Completely Fluent, w/Accent (3 Active Points)

3 4) Language: English: Idiomatic, native accent (4 Active Points)

3 5) Language: French: Idiomatic, native accent (4 Active Points)

3 6) Language: German: Idiomatic, native accent (4 Active Points)

2 7) Language: Indonesian: Completely Fluent, w/Accent (3 Active Points)

3 8) Language: Italian: Idiomatic, native accent (4 Active Points)

2 9) Language: Japanese: Completely Fluent, w/Accent (3 Active Points)

2 10) Language: Latin: Completely Fluent, w/Accent (3 Active Points)

2 11) Language: Mandarin: Completely Fluent, w/Accent (3 Active Points)

4 12) Language: Native American: Imitate dialects (5 Active Points)

2 13) Language: Norwegian: Completely Fluent, w/Accent (3 Active Points)

1 14) Language: Punjabi: Fluent Conversation (2 Active Points)

2 15) Language: Russian: Completely Fluent, w/Accent (3 Active Points)

2 16) Language: Spanish: Completely Fluent, w/Accent (3 Active Points)

1 17) Language: Scots Gaelic: Idiomatic, native accent (Literacy) (5 Active Points); Native Language (-5)

3 Scholar

3 1) KS: Other Immortals (4 Active Points) 13-

1 2) KS: Current Events (2 Active Points) 11-

2 3) KS: Court Intrigue (3 Active Points) 12-

2 4) KS: Espoinage (3 Active Points) 12-

3 5) KS: Fine Arts (4 Active Points) 13-

2 6) KS: Hunting (3 Active Points) 12-

5 7) KS: Rare Books, Prints and Manuscripts (6 Active Points) 15-

2 8) KS: Religions (3 Active Points) 12-

1 9) KS: Swordfighting (2 Active Points) 11-

4 10) KS: The China Trade (5 Active Points) 14-

2 11) KS: The Masters of Yeng Tao (3 Active Points) 12-

2 12) KS: The Way of Yeng Tao (3 Active Points) 12-

5 13) KS: World History from the 15th century on (6 Active Points) 15-

3 Traveler

2 1) AK: The World (3 Active Points) 12-

2 2) AK: Atlanta (3 Active Points) 12-

1 3) AK: Berlin (2 Active Points) 11-

1 4) AK: Bombay (2 Active Points) 11-

1 5) AK: Boston (2 Active Points) 11-

1 6) AK: Brisbane (2 Active Points) 11-

1 7) AK: Chicago (2 Active Points) 11-

2 8) AK: China (3 Active Points) 12-

2 9) AK: Edinburgh (3 Active Points) 12-

3 10) AK: Europe (4 Active Points) 13-

1 11) AK: Florence (2 Active Points) 11-

2 12) AK: Hong Kong (3 Active Points) 12-

1 13) AK: India (2 Active Points) 11-

1 14) AK: Indochina (2 Active Points) 11-

2 15) AK: Japan (3 Active Points) 12-

3 16) AK: London (4 Active Points) 13-

2 17) AK: Macao (3 Active Points) 12-

3 18) AK: Hudson City (4 Active Points) 13-

3 19) AK: the Middle East (4 Active Points) 13-

1 20) AK: Montreal (2 Active Points) 11-

1 21) AK: North America (2 Active Points) 11-

3 22) AK: Paris (4 Active Points) 13-

1 23) AK: Philadelphia (2 Active Points) 11-

1 24) AK: Rome (2 Active Points) 11-

1 25) AK: San Fransisco (2 Active Points) 11-

4 26) AK: the Scottish Highlands (5 Active Points) 14-

3 27) AK: the South Pacific (4 Active Points) 13-

1 28) AK: Tibet (2 Active Points) 11-

1 29) AK: the West Indies (2 Active Points) 11-

1 30) AK: Vienna (2 Active Points) 11-

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 472

Total Cost: 630

200+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Immortal, Not Concealable, Always Noticed by other Immortals, Detectable Only By Unusual Senses

10 Distinctive Features: Deep blue eyes that seem to stare through you, Easily Concealed, Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses

20 Hunted: Other Immortals, As Powerful, 14- (Very Frequently), Harshly Punish

10 Hunted: Renegade Watchers, Less Powerful, 8- (Occasionally), Harshly Punish, Extensive Non-Combat Influence

10 Hunted: The Watchers, Less Powerful, 14- (Very Frequently), Watching, Extensive Non-Combat Influence

15 Psychological Limitation: Will not fight on Holy Ground, Uncommon, Total

15 Psychological Limitation: Mysterious and Enigmatic, Very Common, Moderate

20 Psychological Limitation: Devoted to Justice, Very Common, Strong

10 Psychological Limitation: Vengeful, Uncommon, Strong

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity: Normal Human, Frequently (11-), Major

5 Reputation: Powerful Immortal, Frequently (11-), Known Only To A Small Group

10 Reputation: Not a man to get close to, Frequently (11-)

10 Dependent NPC: Jenna DeFalco, student - a young immortal, Slightly Less Powerful than the PC, 11- (Occasionally)

10 Dependent NPC: Pierre de St. Marie, old friend, Normal, 8- (Infrequently)

0 Normal Characteristic Maxima: No Age Restriction

Total Disadvantage Points: 630

Appearance

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: Blue

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: 169 lbs

Description:

Stuart MacLeod is an average sized well muscled man in what appears to be his late twenties or early thirties. He has long brown hair, penetrating blue eyes and wears a neatly trimmed moustache and goatee. He dresses tastefully in clothing of good quality, often wearing a long duster or trench coat.

Personality:

He is usually closed-mouthed except among close friends when he lightens up considerably but not completely. He only lets his guard down completely with Pierre whom he has known since the 1950s. To the rest of the world he remains an outwardly pleasant but mysterious man with a sardonic sense of humor. Even to his student, Jenna, he remains something of an enigma in that he's clearly attracted to her but politely declines her advances even though he knows that she's in love with him.

The fact of the matter is simply that Stuart has seen too many loved ones grow old and die while he stays young and alive. Even other immortals lose their heads eventually. To armor himself against that pain he simply doesn't let people get too close any more. He's aware of Jenna's feelings for him and in his heart he returns them but he won't let it show. He has considered finding her another teacher but he knows that sending her away would break her heart, something he refuses to do. He has recently begun looking for Sophia in the hopes that she and Jenna will strike up a friendship and Sophia will take Jenna on as her student at the younger immortal's request. So far he has had no luck.

Background/History

I was born in the Scottish Highlands in the year twelve hundred and eighty. As a youth I fought in the battles of Dunbar and Sterling against the English King - Edward I - who was attempting to seize our lands. But the wanderlust in me was strong and at length I sought adventure in distant lands. I sold my sword to lords throughout Europe for ten years. France, Castille, the Holy Roman Empire - the fight didn't matter to me, only the gold which I spent as soon as I got.

I was in Norway fighting for a Viking Chieftain whose ranks of warriors had been thinned by recent raids when a disagreement over a serving girl caused me to cross blades with a berserker, also in the chief's employ. His sudden rage took me by surprise, with a single stroke his axe had opened my belly and bitten so deeply into my spine that the killer was able to wrench it free only with some difficulty. Leaving my disemboweled corpse where it lay the berserker took the wench for himself. Hours later I awoke, I remembered my death with perfect clarity, and yet my body did not bear the least mark. But on the ground next to me lay the berserker's axe, still stained with my blood. I had died, and yet I had then been reborn. The desire for vengence swept through me. I woke the berserker with a bucket of ice water, his growl of anger turned into a squeek of fear when he beheld my dark continence, for great is the terror of his kind at things supernatural, so great in fact that the beast voided himself at the sight of me. With one blow I slew him, the force of which split his skull in twain.

Suddenly out of the darkness a voice said "Well struck, Highlander." A strange buzzing tingle swept over me but I forced it into the background. I whirled about, sword at the ready, as the speaker stepped into the firelight. By any standards, ancient or modern, she was lovely, her eyes were deep indigo, her hair the color of heather honey. She was dressed in fine silks with a cloak of bearskin to keep out the winter's chill. In her hand she carried a sword the like of which I had never seen before, her stance and grip told me that she knew how to use it. Looking at her I knew that no matter what else she may be, this woman was dangerous.

"I am..." I began.

"Stuart MacLeod," she interupted, "of the Clan MacLeod."

"You seem to have me at a disadvantage." I said, "Who are you?"

She replied "I am Sophia Marie Arnesto, once of the city of Venice. I have been searching for you, Stuart MacLeod, for over two years."

"If you're looking for a fight," I said as I gripped the hilt of my sword more tightly and assumed a combat-ready stance, "You'l be finding me a very difficult kill." At this she laughed, a light playful laugh.

"The Quickening wouldn't be worth the effort."

"Quickening?" I asked and again she laughed.

"Highlander, you've got a lot to learn. Follow me." I did.

Over the next twelve years Sophia became my teacher and also my lover. We were both Immortals, there are others like us, some good and some evil. We cannot be killed unless it is by beheading which if it is done by another Immortal will transfer the power of the dead Immortal to the live one, this process is known as the Quickening. Our only sanctuary is Holy Ground where, by mutual agreements of necessity, the killing of an immortal is forbidden. We cannot have children, so sex is therefore something indulged in only for the pleasure of the act itself and as an expression of love. It is said that in the end there can be only one.

Sophia and I remained together, travelling from place to place, until 1393. Our passion had cooled but the bond of friendship remained strong. Even now we still meet every fifty years or so. As a parting gift she gave me a sword like hers. The Blade is a rare stone called a blood crystal, they are initially clear but as the blade is used it avsorbs the color of the blood with which it is covered. Capable of being sharpened to a mono-filiment edge among Immortals a Bloodcrystal sword is the most prized weapon of all.

I travelled to the far eastern kingdoms of the Khmers, the Sultanate of Delhi, the Mings that ruled Cathay and the powerful Diamyo clans of fuedal Japan. Late in the 15th century I returned to Europe by way of the Ottoman Empire and settled for a time in Naples. Hearing that the English were once again moving against the Scots I returned home in 1564, walking the highlands for the first time in more than 250 years, and then met a young kinsman also immortal - Connor MacLeod and his teacher Juan Ramierz. In 1570 I travelled to London to pay court to the English Queen - Elizabeth I and try to persuade her against further invasions of Scotland. It took nearly twenty years to completely accomplish this for the Queen was in the thrall of a villianous noble - Lord Wolfingham - who was secretly in the pay of Spain. I had to first expose his treachery. This I was able to do with the aid of a valiant sea captain by the name of Geoffery Thrope and the raids on Scotland were stopped.

In 1607 I joined a group of English settlers in the founding of Jamestown, the first permanent English colony in the Americas. Late in the 1640s I took to visiting the other settlements in the New World - north to the French colonies, south to the Spanish Main and to the Dutch and Puritan colonies along the eastern seaboard. From the 1680s through the 1720s I travelled west deep into the interior to live among the great tribes - Cherokee, Iroquois, Algonquin and Sioux, the Kiowa and Cheyenne, and the Apache, Crow and Blackfoot. Eventually I returned to Europe to learn what had transpired in the last century. I attended Cambridge Trinity College and thereby was brouaght up to date on all matters historical, political, theological and scientific.

At length I decided to make my home in Florence for a time where I operated an art gallery for the city fathers from 1726 to 1753. Then I moved north to Paris where I procured art for the Palaise-Royal at Versailles until 1769 when I faked my own death and disappeared.

I returned to America, this time settling in Philadelphia, it was not long after that the American Revolution began. I fought on the side of the Americans for I believed them to be well justified in there cause. I was with Ethan Allen at Ticonderoga in 1775; and with Washington at Trenton, Brandywine Creek and Yorktown in 1776, 1777 and 1781 respectively. As the century turned yet again I travelled to the Far East and became involved in the China Trade of Indian opium to Chinese silver to Chinese tea, silks and spices; which in turn could be sold in Europe for a very handsome profit. Unfortunately all of this had to be done under the auspices of the Honorable East India Company which had been granted a trade monopoly with China. It was comparitively easy to obtain a license from the company, however my cargo for Europe had to be sent on the company's ships at high rates. Still the trade was profitable and when Parliament stripped the HEIC of its monopoly in 1833 the profits increased greatly.

I got out of the trade in 1844 when I managed to obtain 400 lbs. of tea seeds, this cost me the not inconsiderable sum of 40 Lacs of silver, about one million pounds sterling. It was well worth the expense however because it allowed me to set up tea plantations in India, removing the Chinese Emperor from the equation and eliminating the Opium-Silver-Tea triangle at a stroke. Once my tea plantations were up and running the trade dwindled down to a trickle by 1852, I sold out for a fantastic profit in 1855 and returned to Europe. I lived in London until 1861 when Sophia, who was a fire-and-brimstone abolitionist, dragged me into the American Civil War. I formed a regiment of volunteers - the 114th New York Cavalry - and was assigned to Grant's army and fought at Shiloh and Vicksburg. I was with Sherman during the March to the Sea in 1864 and then with Sheridan at Petersburg and Appomattox in 1865.

After the war I helped rebuild Atlanta and then returned to London in 1879. There I met with many leading industrialists and used the fortune I had made in tea where it would do the most good. I also became something of an amateur detective and helped Scotland Yard on several baffling if uncelebrated cases with two notable exceptions. The first was the case of a kidnapped Greek interpreter and the second involved a missing treaty. Both were fictionalized by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, with my role being taken, and greatly embellished upon, by Doyle's famous detective - Sherlock Holmes.

Near the turn of the century I heard rumors of a monastery in Tibet where one could learn the powerful and deadly art of Fa Yeng Tao, a supremely effective form of unarmed combat. As the open carry of swords was no longer prevalent I determined to learn this art. I travelled to Tibet and after some difficulty was permitted to learn the Way of Yeng Tao. When I returned to Europe there were once again rumblings of war. Wanting nothing to do with this idiocy I stayed in England for but a few months before going to the French Colony of New Caledonia in the South Pacific to sit out the Great War. I stayed there for near thirty years, then a new war found me - World War Two. I joined the RNVR and was assigned to Naval Intelligence working as an Analyst, a Planner and sometimes even an Undercover Agent. Later in the war I was a Commando Training Officer and also served as a liason to Washington and the American OSS.

Since the end of the war I've been running a bookstore (rare volumes, prints and manuscripts), I move the operation on a regular basis first starting in San Fransisco and then moving to Hong Kong, Brisbane, Boston, Vienna, Rome, Paris, Edinburgh, Montreal, Chicago, London and now Hudson City. Three years ago crime reached such epidemic proportions that I felt I had to take a stand. Fighting the occassional evil Immortal as I'd been doing for centuries was helpful but in the modern world much more was needed. So once more I battle the forces of Darkness, and this time there is no true sanctuary.

I am Stuart MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod.

Quote: There can be only one, and at the rate you're going it isn't going to be you.

Powers: Stuart MacLeod is a highly skilled fighter of long and wide experience. He is more than capable of tearing through any number of agents and lowered powered supers but he cannot stand up to a true superpowered individual. Thus when faced with them he tends to make use of stealth and mis-direction while he sets up something using the surrounding terrain to his advantage.

His Yeng Tao abilities help him in this. The Hand of the Winds allows him to confuse an opponent as it is so fast that it cannot be seen, and thus avoided, without enhanced senses. The Catapulting Blow is very useful when fighting a non-flying brick atop a bridge or other high object. The Knifehand Blow and The Rock-smashing Fist are reserved for oppents with high defenses, while the Fist of the Five Warriors and The Delicate Whirlwind are extremely useful against agents or when surrounded.

When he feels it is necessary Stuart has no problem drawing his Blood Crystal Sword. The supremely sharp blade is capable of destroying gadgets with ease and even powered armor is of little protection against it. His ability to channel his quickening to empower the blade boosting its damage still further makes it even more dangerous.

Campaign Use: Stuart MacLeod is the man the PCs go to when they're stumped. He's lived through more than seven hundred years of history and there's little that he doesn't know about or know where to find. He's more than willing to accompany the characters on an investigation if asked but he won't volunteer and his sometimes cryptic answers will only be of as much help as you want them to be. In a fight he'll deal with the agents freeing the PCs up to handle the supers. If need be he can provide a divertion. If he's too powerful for your campaign reduce his multipower by one DC, drop the second penetrating from his sword, lose the Empower Weapon and drop his SPD to 4. If he's too weak boost his sword to 3D6, add a DC to his Multipower and give him a few extra skill levels.

• 3 years later...

Re: Character: Duncan MacLeod

Here's a write-up of Duncan MacLeod' date=' the character played by Adrian Paul in [i']Highlander: The Series.[/i] I originall wrote up the character for 4th Edition and updated it to 5th Edition. If you think of a way I can improve the write-up, please let me know.

Duncan MacLeod

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 10 13- Lift: 400 kg, 4d6 HTH damage

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

20 CON 20 13-

22 BODY 28 13-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll: 13-

18 EGO 16 13- ECV: 7

18 COM 4 13-

10 PD 8 Total: 10 PD (3 rPD)

10 ED 8 Total: 10 ED (3 rED)

5 SPD 30 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

12 REC 12

60 END 15

60 STUN 28

Total Characteristics Cost: 227

Movement: Run: 6"/12", Swim: 2"/4", Leap: 4"

Cost Powers END/Roll

5 Immunity to aging

10 Immunity to disease

40 Regeneration: 1 BODY per Turn, resurrection (may be stopped by beheading), reduced endurance (0 END, +1/2), persistent (+1/2), self only (-1/2)

15 Does not bleed

7 The Buzz: Danger Sense, functions as a sense, out of combat, Only works against Immortals and pre-Immortals (-2)

13 The Quickening: 1d6 Aid, applied to any Characteristic or power (+2), Fade rate 1 century (+3 1/4), Takes 1 Turn (-1 1/4), Self only (-1/2), Only by beheading another Immortal (-2)

Martial Arts: Boxing, Fencing, Jujutsu, Karate, Kenjutsu, Kung Fu

Cost Maneuver OCV DCV Damage/Effect

4 Choke Hold -2 +0 Grab a limb, 2d6 NND(2)

5 Defensive Strike +1 +3 4d6 strike

3 Defensive Throw +1 +1 Block, target falls

4 Killing Strike -2 +0 HKA 1/2d6 (2DC)

4 Martial Block +2 +2 Block, abort

4 Martial Disarm -1 -1 Disarm, 30 STR

4 Martial Dodge -- +5 Dodge all attacks

4 Martial Escape +0 +0 35 STR vs. all grabs

4 Martial Grab -1 -1 Grab 2 limbs, 30 STR

4 Martial Strike +0 +2 6d6 strike

3 Martial Throw +0 +1 4d6 + v/5, target falls

5 Offensive Strike -2 +1 8d6 strike

3 Takedown +1 +1 4d6 strike, target falls

Cost Skills, Talents, Perks Roll

5 Acrobatics 14-

5 Breakfall 14-

3 Combat Driving 13-

6 Combat Luck (+3 rPD/+3 rED)

5 Concealment 14-

5 Contact: Joe Dawson

9 Fast Draw 16-

5 High Society 13-

3 KS: Other Immortals 12-

3 Linguist

0 Scots Gaelic (native)

4 English

2 Arabic

4 French

3 German

3 Italian

3 Japanese

3 Lakota Sioux

2 Mandarin

3 Mongolian

3 Romany

2 Russian

2 Spanish

2 Turkish

3 Navigation 11-

3 PS: Antiques Dealer 12-

2 PS: Dancer 11-

2 PS: Journalist 11-

3 Riding 13-

5 Seduction 14-

9 Shadowing 14-

5 Stealth 14-

1 Transport Fam: Planes 8-

1 Transport Fam: Ships 8-

3 Traveler

1 AK: London 11-

4 AK: Paris 14-

4 AK: Seacouver, WA 14-

1 AK: Glen Finnan 11-

10 Wealthy

1 WF: Staff

24 +3 levels on all OCV

10 +3 levels with swords

12 +4 levels with katana

15 +3 levels on DCV

2 KS: Boxing 11-

2 KS: Fencing 11-

2 KS: Jujutsu 11-

2 KS: Kenjutsu 11-

2 KS: Karate 11-

2 KS: Kung Fu 11-

Total Skills and Powers Cost: 363

Total Cost: 590

250+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Feature: Immortal (Not concealable,

Detectable only by other Immortals)

10 Hunted 11- by other Immortals

10 Hunted 8- by renegade Watchers (NCI)

10 Observed 14- by Watcher Organization (NCI)

15 Physical Limitation: Can't fight on holy ground

20 Psychological Limitation: Code of honor

15 Psychological Limitation: Judgmental

15 Psychological Limitation: Must fight duels one-on-one

200 Experience

Total Disadvantages Cost: 590

Background: Duncan MacLeod was born in Glen Finnan, Scotland on the Winter Solstice (Dec. 21) in the year 1592. He was a foundling, taken in as an infant by Ian MacLeod, the clan chieftain, and his wife Mary. The couple raised Duncan as their own son.

When Duncan became a young man, he fell in love with Debra Campbell, who returned his love. Unfortunately, Debra was betrothed to Duncan's cousin Robert. Enraged, Robert challenged Duncan to a duel, and Duncan was forced to kill his kinsman. Debra died soon after the incident, falling from a great height. Thus, the union between the MacLeods and Campbells would never come to pass.

Duncan was mortally wounded in a skirmish with the Clan Campbell in 1622. He died in his father's house, but returned to life shortly thereafter. He thought a miracle had taken place, but the rest of the clan suspected him of practicing witchcraft. His own father denounced and banished him.

Distraught, Duncan left his home. He encountered Ian soon after his banishment. The elder MacLeod again rejected his son, revealing the fact that Duncan was in fact a foundling.

Duncan saw his family once more two years later. An Immortal marauder named Kanwulf raided Duncan's village with his men and personally killed Ian MacLeod. Duncan tracked down Kanwulf and defeated him. But Duncan still had not learned about the Game and failed to take Kanwulf's head.

In 1625, Duncan fought in a battle at Glen Fruin. Although he was cut down, he recovered from his wounds. A man came to him and introduced himself as Connor MacLeod, who lived in Glen Finnan generations before Duncan was born. Like Duncan, Connor had recovered from a mortal wound and was cast out of the clan. Connor revealed that they were Immortal and taught Duncan the rules of the Game. The two clansmen became good friends and had many adventures together.

Duncan wandered throughout the world in the 1600s and 1700s. He saw many things and learned many skills. In Renaissance Italy, he learned how to read and write. In Mongolia, he learned the martial arts. He traveled far and wide, growing in experience and wisdom. He made many friends and many enemies.

In 1635, Duncan first met Amanda, a beautiful Immortal thief. The two became friends and eventually lovers. Their on again, off again relationship would continue for centuries. Two years later, he met another Immortal named Hugh Fitzcairn, who became one of his closest friends.

In 1658, Duncan, weary of the world, took refuge in a monastery that sheltered Immortals. He met Kalas, a talented scribe and singer. Duncan soon learned that Kalas secretly waylaid departing Immortals and took their heads. Duncan exposed Kalas' treachery and had him expelled from the Monastery. Kalas left, swearing vengeance on Duncan MacLeod.

In 1745, Duncan fought under the banner of Bonnie Prince Charlie. The Scots fought bravely, but they were no match for the English soldiers. Duncan helped smuggle the Prince to France, then he returned to Scotland to protect his people from the depredations of the English occupying force.

After he had tired of killing English soldiers, Duncan rejoined Connor in Ireland. Duncan met a pre-Immortal named Kate, eventually falling in love with her. The two married, but Duncan stabbed his bride on their wedding night to grant her Immortality. Kate was horrified by the prospect and ran off into the night.

In 1778, Duncan was shipwrecked in Japan. He was rescued and befriended by a samurai named Hideo Koto. The samurai sheltered Duncan and taught him jujutsu and the use of the katana. But Hideo Koto knew he was breaking the law by harboring a foreigner. His lord allowed him to commit seppuku to atone. He bequeathed his katana to Duncan, who used it as his sword thereafter.

In 1815, while serving in the Napoleonic Wars under Lord Wellington, Duncan met an Immortal named Darius. Darius had once been a ruthless warlord, but he had reformed and was now living as a Catholic priest. Darius taught Duncan the way of peace, and the two Immortals became good friends.

Duncan traveled to the United States, where he worked as a journalist. He also took part in the Civil War. He first fought in the Union army; then he worked in the Underground Railroad.

After the Civil War, Duncan settled down with the Lakota Sioux. He fell in love with a woman who had a son, and he took them as his own family. He lived happily until 1872. One day, the tribe was wiped out by American soldiers. An Immortal named Kern was working with the army. Mad with grief, Duncan searched for Kern, but he never found him. Instead, he ran into Koltec, an Immortal shaman who helped Duncan come to terms with his grief.

Duncan was active in both World Wars. In World War I, Duncan served in both the French and British armies as a medic. In World War II, he fought in the French Resistance and later worked for British Intelligence. In 1944, he took part in an unsuccessful plot to kill Adolph Hitler.

In 1980, Duncan met Tessa Noel, a beautiful artist. They fell in love and lived together for twelve years. Ducan revealed his Immortality to Tessa, and she accepted him for who he was. Duncan and Tessa lived in Paris and in Seacouver, where they opened an antiques shop.

In 1992, a young thief named Richie Ryan tried to break into the shop. He was discovered by Duncan. Realizing that the young man was also going to be Immortal one day, Duncan took Richie under his wing. Richie lived with Duncan and Tessa, first in Seacouver, then in Paris.

Later that year, Darius sent word to Duncan, warning him about an evil Immortal named Grayson. Grayson was once Darius' second in command and hated the priest for turning his back on his martial practices. Grayson attempted to kill Darius' mortal protege, Victor Paulus. Duncan stopped Grayson and took his head. Duncan then flew to Paris, where he had sent Tessa and Richie.

In 1993, Duncan and Fitzcairn found Darius' headless body inside his own church. They tracked down the killers, but the leader escaped. Duncan ran into him upon his return to Seacouver. He also learned about the Watchers, a secret group of mortals dedicated to observing and recording Immortal lives, but never interfering. A group of Watchers had betrayed their oath and started hunting down Immortals. Duncan fought the leader of these renegades, James Horton, and left him for dead. He also met a Watcher named Joe Dawson, who later became his friend.

Soon after these events, Tessa and Richie were shot by a mugger. They died, but Richie came back to life and learned that he too was Immortal. Duncan began to train Richie. The young Immortal showed great promise, and he soon became a skilled fighter.

During the next few years, Duncan fought many Immortals. He again crossed paths with Kalas, Kern, and Kanwulf. Duncan eventually defeated these opponents. However, he also lost several friends including Fitzcairn, who was killed by Kalas.

In 1996, Duncan met Adam Pierson, who turned out to be Methos, the oldest living Immortal. Methos had been alive for over 5000 years. The ancient

Immortal had retired from the game and was posing as a Watcher. He proved to be a good ally for Duncan, once helping Duncan get rid of the effects of a Dark Quickening.

But Methos had a dark side too. Thousands of years ago, he was one of the Four Horsemen, a group of Immortals who spread terror throughout the known world. Methos was forced by Kronos, another of the Horsemen, to reunite the group. He pretended to go along, but he secretly enlisted the aid of Duncan MacLeod. Together, Duncan and Methos put an end to the Horsemen.

In 1998, the demon Ahriman returned to Earth after a thousand years. Having the ability to appear in any form, Ahriman tricked Duncan into killing Richie.

Grieving, Duncan hid himself in a monastery for a year to meditate and form a plan to defeat Ahriman. He learned that that the way to defeat the demon was not to use force, but to meditate and suppress the evil eithin one's self. Duncan defeated Ahriman and banished him from the Earth.

In 2000, Duncan came to Connor's aid. Connor had earned the enmity of Jacob Kell, a powerful Immortal. Kell was too strong to overcome alone. Connor, in despair, challenged Duncan and forced his student to take his head. Empowered by Connor's Quickening, Duncan killed Jacob Kell.

Kate, now calling herself Faith, was working for Kell. She was still angry with Duncan for what he did. After Duncan had defeated Kell, however, she and Duncan were able to reconcile.

Height: 183 cm (6'1"), Weight: 98 kg (215 lbs), Sex: male, Race: Immortal

Appearance: Duncan is tall and has a muscular build. He has short black hair and brown eyes. He is usually dressed casually, but he almost always wears a trench coat to conceal his katana. He is quite charming and often attracts women.

good job tdkguy consier yourself repped