Help Construct-A-Villain: Name Suggestions!

Argus

Yup. I've been having trouble posting for about an hour. Here's the text of the original post (that didn't show up!)...

------------

I need suggestions for THE HERO NAME used in the character's old life and and THE VILLAIN NAME used now. It would be coolest if the villain name somehow tied into the hero name (Not absolutely necessary, but it would be nice). Best suggestions I will put into a poll for voting.

Keep in mind that the character is primarily a "Gremlin", able to tweak devices mechanical and electronic, and a Super-Soldier, able to best many in a straight-up fight.

I haven't completely thrown out the idea of of having the original hero be male and the villain be female. Either way the villain will DEFINITELY be female (as the poll decreed).

Examples:

Hero: American Eagle/Villain: Bird of Prey

Hero: American Eagle/Villain: Gremlin

Hero: Lady Liberty/Villain: Liberator

Hero: Minute Man/Villain: Red Coat

The costume's I'm looking at will be some tweaked version of the original hero's costume.

name for a hero and his flawed duplicate

Hey, Blue:

How are you doing so far with your hero and his villainous flawed duplicate? I've seen some interesting ideas flying about the board, but I'm not certain which--if any--you've ended up selecting.

As far as names for the pair; how about

Hero Name: Free Will

Villain(ness) Name: Suffragette

American Woman / Number 6: Named after which of the clones she is...really! Has the advantage that American Woman already has her own theme song

Hot Line / Remote: Using the power to define the name. Probably answers to El Presidente.

General Motors / Gremlin: Cloned from Detroit's favorite son, th Gremlin plots to destroy American Industry and manufacturing. Poised against her is that Son of all that Is Good and Decent ... General Motors! Note, as General Motors is in his 80's, he is getting on a bit. He will be assisted in his efforts by a certain labor union, several thousand strong.

Gremlin of course, was made by that villain of American Industry, Japan.

Since no one has done a results recap (which I was looking for to inspire a name):

1.1: Former Hero Turned Foreign Patriot

1.2: Evil Clone of Veteran Hero

1.3: Works For Organization Bent On Saving The World From Original Country

1.4: Has Gremlin/Anti-Technology Powers

1.5 Female (Although original hero could be male)

(Please correct me if I'm in error)

Playing off these basics:

Old Glory/Black Flag: Old Glory was a flagsuited electrical manipulator hero (I know, a bit of a stretch) of the Silver Age who was captured in his/her retirement by Teleios. Since Old Glory's powers were beginning to fade in his/her autumn years, the cloned version's powers are limited to generating a powerful EMP that destroys electrical equipment. She was purchased from Teleios by an anarchist terrorist group to become thier super soldier fighting against the technocracy of developed nations as Black Flag.

P.S. I'll volunteer my meager art talents for costume design, if the duty hasn't been spoken for. Perhaps even a Costume Design Forum (Hurrah, more Polls :P )

The recap is right on the money, thanks.

I like American Woman

I like Old Glory/Black Flag combination, and it has the built in normal ID name of Glory or Gloria. Not many women out there willing to go under the name "old glory" though ;)

Absolutely post away if you've got ideas (or if you suddenly get some from the rest of the polls). I hope to get this all wrapped up enough to close it up and make the character by the end of the week. I'm just doodling on the hero system character templates PDF file (from the online store) for now.

Monday is typically a decent posting day so I'll collect names most of the day and then post a poll near the afternoon.

Originally posted by winterhawk

Since no one has done a results recap (which I was looking for to inspire a name):

1.1: Former Hero Turned Foreign Patriot

1.2: Evil Clone of Veteran Hero

1.3: Works For Organization Bent On Saving The World From Original Country

1.4: Has Gremlin/Anti-Technology Powers

1.5 Female (Although original hero could be male)

Nothing like jumping in at the last minute. :)

Going off of these poll results, may I present .... Spy-Buster!

In an attempt to create a homefront "super-soldier" to root out spies and saboteurs during the early days of the United States' involvement in WWII, the vice-president's personal mechanic was approached by the Army and convinced to undergo the Victory Treatment. The Treatment resulted in him gaining nigh-superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, and toughness. Using a combination of military intelligence and his mechanic friends he rooted out Nazi sympathizers and delivered them to Justice! On his first "official" mission he picked up a wrench used to tighten bolts on U.S. aircraft and has used it as a weapon ever since (rumors of him using it to repel enemy gunfire may or may not be true).

Cut to .... Modern Times. A beautiful woman dressed in a fashion reminiscent of the World War II hero Spy-Buster (dark colors, black cowl/cape combination, heavy gloves and boots) and carrying a (slightly smaller) aircraft wrench has been wreaking havok on U.S. military industrial sites throughout the world. She uses this wrench to focus her electro-magnetic powers to disrupt electronic and computer systems as well as it being a weapon in her hands. She speaks with a foreign accent (French, maybe), and calls herself .... Sabotage! Is she really French, or is she attempting to escalate the tension already existing between the United States and France? And why is she dressed like Spy-Buster???

Old Glory/Black Flag: Old Glory was a flagsuited electrical manipulator hero (I know, a bit of a stretch) of the Silver Age who was captured in his/her retirement by Teleios. Since Old Glory's powers were beginning to fade in his/her autumn years, the cloned version's powers are limited to generating a powerful EMP that destroys electrical equipment. She was purchased from Teleios by an anarchist terrorist group to become thier super soldier fighting against the technocracy of developed nations as Black Flag.

QUOTE]

How about just Glory as the superhero name, as opposed to Old Glory (not too flattering...)

or...

Shooting Star

Torch or Torch of Liberty

Sparkler

Anthem

as for the villainess:

Spoiler

Plunder

Nemesis

Glitch

Hellion