Help Construct-A-Villain: Pictures

Blue

Those of you who have been participating in the "Construct-A-Villain" polling series are familiar with the facts: We've voted on aspects of a character and now have a goodly portion of the background. But we still have to consider a LOOK for the chracter.

I would like to invite any willing artists to submit any suggestions for costumes here to this thread. Ultimately I will take the best in the next few days and post them in (wait for it...)...Yet Another poll.

OUR VILLAIN: Female, Former Super-Patriot, Can manipulate gizmos (electronic and mechanical) to shut them down. Name is pending (should be available in poll 1.6 within about 20 minutes).

Costume doesnt' necessarily have to be patriotic (or mock-patriotic for that matter), but it couldn't hurt.

At the risk of sounding a little prudish, I always thought fighting in lingere was a little odd. Something more than sorta Freudian about a villainess who commits evil while inciting lust. Sex isn't really that dirty, although it is a little combative/cooperative.

Additionally, I think only the early Greeks and the Picts made any real headway fighting naked. Does she have oodles of regeneration? Does the want the road rash that comes from fighting in a leotard? I love Alex Ross's artwork, specifically in Batman:War on Crime. Beautiful stuff. The most gripping frame is a shot of Wayne working out, without his shirt on. Fantastic muscles, criscrossed with scars, burns and bruises. After a few tumbles, she won't be showing so much leg...

Give the poor girl some pants, and maybe some armor. I'm not saying she shouldn't be hotness, or even skanky hotness. But my first qestion should not be "how much?"

Just my $.02. If it works for you, keep it. Nice art work.

I find it funny that with all the impossible things that take place in comic books (everything from cosmic rays turning people into heroes to...I dunno.. Galactus moving the Earth six inches to the left so that he can more easily fit his ship between here and mars) that people pick on the costumes as unrealistic. Hello? It's a comic book!

I actually do think that the last three pics are too... "small" for the character. But I have yet to find my groove on this character. The first pic that comes anywhere near what I was thinking, and even it is too cyberpunkish. I'm looking for something that says "southern" (without a confederate flag) but can't figure it out.

I'm much better at drawing half-naked women. Naturally, one's mind goes where it wants to be.

villian image

I don't have an image ready, but I do have an Idea.....................

Going with more "combat ready" clothing, make the outfit either "X-Men, movie like, or "Matrix" like.

Add as a long coat or shawl, something that would just touch the ground.

On the bottom half of the coat, make it an American Flag, that way the "Ex-patriot" is dragging the American Flag on the ground.

And before someone goes pyscho, no I don't mean any disrespect to our country, I'm a former Marine. It just occurs to me that one of the most insulting, non-violent ways to disrespect any country would be to drag it's flag in the dirt. OK?

This is going to make for a fun and interesting final poll :D

But I'll likely wait until after a few more are submitted. Thanks to everyone who took their time out to give this a try.

I think I'd still like to try a few more myself...

--A full costume shot of the last one I did.

--Something where it looks like our hero has been living in the wild for a while

--Something with a more drapery (Coat, Cape, Maybe Glider Wings--since they're a good non-scientific means of movement)

With any luck I'll be able to post the costume poll on Friday and let it run through the weekend while I construct the character and write the full back story.

I finally think I figured this out.

attachment.php?s=&postid=224285

I changed Liberator's costume to make it more rough around the edges with less of a golden age feel and more of a modern feel (darker, more utilitarian). I also changed her eyes, making her seem less wide-eyed and naive, not to mention the teardrop tattoo near her eye that was added as well.