Wanted- Other Peoples Player Characters

Marcus

In the round-robin stint of rotating responsiblity, it should soon be my turn to run in our local Champions group...

One of the things I'm thinking about doing may involve some alternate reality like stuff, which brings me to the point of this thread....

I need Heros. Preferably, Hero's that my fellow players dont know from published material. The fact that long run PCs tend to be 'richer' both in terms of build and in terms of nuanced back story, also really helps.

That and I thought it might be interesting to see what everyone else is doing with their characters.

Thus I am requesting anyone/everyone willing to post any PC's they have in Herodesigner format (or otherwise, but HD is most useful to me) to this thread, so I have as many examples as possible to 'flesh out' the worlds my PCs end up in.

Pretty please?

I'd post my Sprite, but she's only an (acknowledged and authorized) ripoff of Zl'f, anyway.

For her story, go searching around page 4 of that "We Whupped Eurostar1" thread in the archives. She's /outstanding/.

For my "Doctor Pain" character -- as well as my two 750 pointers -- I already posted it in another thread, here....

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9206

Hmm... Yup, I've got a use for her.

If there's any significant info thats not in the Hero Designer file, please send it.

A question as to how she's played... I assume she survives on her high speed and dive for cover (as, at least in my group/area, anyone displaying a speed over 6 and making 20+" moves tends to draw AOE EBs and AOE Entangles like nobodys buisness)... she seems really neat, both power and personality wise... but just sooo fragile...

edit... my Email addy might be useful if you were to email me something... marcus_h_smythe@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Marcus

A question as to how she's played... I assume she survives on her high speed and dive for cover (as, at least in my group/area, anyone displaying a speed over 6 and making 20+" moves tends to draw AOE EBs and AOE Entangles like nobodys buisness)... she seems really neat, both power and personality wise... but just sooo fragile...

Further info e-mailed.

Yes, she is somewhat fragile. She works in my campaign because it's very four-color. You might consider buying her some bulletproof spandex and upping her PD/ED to about 16. You can cut out one or two of her non-combat skills such as Riding or Animal Handler, or drop a language.

Also, I use her exclusively as a fast martial artist and not as a speedster. She does Move Through/Bys only as a desperation measure; her defenses are simply too low. She gets in the middle of the bad guys and fights them close in, which generally makes them somewhat reluctant to use AoE/EX attacks. Her high REC and SPD often gets her back into a fight even after being Stunned.

Also, don't overlook the third dimension. With her Leaping, incredible Acrobatics, Supreme Balance, and Breakfall she's just as likely to be bouncing off the walls or running around in the rafters as to be out in the open. If she can't hurt an opponent with her low DC attacks, she'll Leg Sweep or Martial Throw him to let her less agile teammates hit him at half DCV.

Here's a link to some write-ups I've been working on for various Legion of Super-Hero characters. Just change the names and don't use the included pictures, and viola! Though I admit that some of them, like Bouncing Boy, would probably be rather distinctive...if you need the HeroDesigner files for them, let me know and I can email them to you.

I'll see about posting my PC, but the way he's written up (some campaign-specific "freebies" that every PC gets, etc.) would probably take some explaining.

Re: "how to make a less fragile Zl'f"...

OK, I guess I'll post Sprite after all.

(Note -- skills are different 'cause background's different. It was a homage, not a copy.)

(Note 2 -- since character generation was never actually finished, the disadvantages list is incomplete)

Name Sprite

Player Charles Glasgow

STR 15

DEX 40

CON 20

BODY 12

INT 15

EGO 15

PRE 20

COM 16

PD 4

ED 4

SPD 8

REC 10

END 36

STUN 30

OCV 13

DCV 13

ECV 5

Phases: 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12

16 PD (12 rPD Hardened Luck-Based)

16 ED (12 rED Hardened Luck-Based)

Powers:

Most Agile Person In The World:

24 Multipower - (30 pt reserve); Linked to DEX (Greater Power is constant) (-1/4)

1 u Full Speed Fighting: +9" Flight; 0 END (+1/2), Only To Make Half Moves In Combat (-1) (13 pts)

2 u No, I'm Over *Here*: Teleportation 9", Position Shift; No Noncombat Movement (-1/4), Must Pass

Through Intervening Space (-1/4) (15 pts)

2 u Bullet Time: Missile Deflection (all ranged attacks) (based on dodging) (20 pts)

1 u Tumbling Run: +3" Leaping (6" total); 0 END (+1/2), No Noncombat Movement (-1/4) (4 pts)

14 Perfect Balance: 9" Flight; 1/2 END (+1/4), No Turn Mode (+1/4), Only To Move Along Reasonably

Horizontal Surfaces (-1/2), No Noncombat Movement (-1/4), Linked to DEX (Greater Power is

constant) (-1/4)

Martial Arts - Acrobatics

4 Acrobatic Attack +0/+2 9d6 Strike

4 Acrobatic Dodge -/+5 Dodge; Affects All Attacks; Abort

4 Acrobatic Parries +2/+2 Block; Abort

5 All-Out Attack +1/-2 11d6 Strike

3 Legsweep/Wrist Throw +2/-1 8d6 Strike; Target Falls

4 Wriggle Out Of It +0/+0 STR 50 Escape

16 +4 DCs w/ Martial Arts

5 Fast Healer: Regeneration (1 BODY/Hour); 0 END Persistent (+1), Self Only (-1/2),

Extra Time (1 Hour) (-2 1/4), Must Avoid Heavy Exertion For Entire Hour (-1/2)

1 Hyperactive: Life Support: Reduced Sleep (3 hours/night)

6 Rapid Sensory Input: +2 w/ all PER rolls

Talents/Perks:

24 Combat Luck (12 PD/12 ED)

5 Eidetic Memory

20 +2 Overall Levels

Agility Skills:

5 +1 w/ all DEX-based skills

3 Acrobatics, 17-

3 Breakfall, 17-

Intellect Skills:

3 Paramedics, 12-

3 KS: Gymnastics, 12-

Interaction Skills:

3 Oratory, 13-

3 Persuasion, 13-

Background Skills:

0 Language: English (native)

0 TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles

Disadvantages

15 Distinctive Features: Cute, Harmless-Looking Teenaged Girl (concealable w/ effort, causes prejudice)

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (not concealable, special senses)

20 Psych Lim: Code vs. Killing (Common, Total)

TBD

350 point character

Story changes -- American gymnast, not Russian. Normal middle-class parents. DNA testing found out her mutant powers during the Olympic trials, thus obviating a whole lifetime's worth of effort. Being caught by chance in the middle of a convenience store robbery opened up a new range of possibilities for her, but she's still trying to get around the parental units. Possible 350-point Ravenswood student or annoyance to more established teams. :)

Special effects of powers -- mutation has given her nervous system a transmission speed more appropriate to organic superconductors than to normal tissue. So far, mostly concentrated in the motor nerves and cerebellum, but low-level cerebral enhancements (the Eidetic Memory and Overall Levels) are starting to show up. The STR 15 is due to her nervous system giving her ungodly efficient muscle-fiber coordination... she's built like your average Olympic gymnast, i.e., she's tiny.

Interesting variation on Zl'f, Chuck. She is indeed quite a bit tougher than her inspiration, if a tad slower and less agile. Of course Zl'fs light defenses are a deliberate choice on my part; with 38 XP as of today I certainly could have contrived higher defenses (Bulletproof spandex, etc.) for her if I'd wanted. Her fragility is part of her concept for me.

OTOH, my first Champions character, Ranger, was a slow (SPD 4) powered-armor flying brick with serious defenses. First designed in 1981 or early 1982 and retired in 1986. I rebuilt him recently to Fifth Edition and kept his 125 XP. Note that his 5e defenses are now about 15% lower than they were in his pre-FREd versions: