"You know I've never had a character with a high..."

Hermit

I played Hard Corpse in a New Mutants campaign once. He was pretty much invulnerable to anything except mentalist attacks, entangles and being held (he only had a 20 STR) and his offensive ability was Dirty Infighting. He was hell on dumb brick villains, one time Bulldozer (of the Wrecking Crew) knocked himself out trying to do a move through on him. He also managed to go toe to toe with Ironclad (U-Foes) who had been built without Flash defense, he repeatedly did eye-gouge attacks on him. The PCs got tired of Professor X not letting us be superheroes so we joined with Angel's Champions team in LA. At his try out he let Hercules punch him full force. In the interview section he was asked how he felt about lethal force. He said he was opposed to it, that he could not say for sure he would never kill someone, but assured the team that they could be sure that if he did kill someone it would not be by accident.

He was retired early when the GM set a bomb in the Champions headquarters; the team had several phases of warning, but none of the "heroes" (PC or otherwise) thought about trying to save his little sister, she was there because he was looking for special schooling in LA for her and Warren offered to let them stay at the headquarters until he found services for her (Sonja was his only family, was nine years old and suffered petit mal epilepsy, ADHD and mild retardation). He nearly killed two of the other characters when they tried to comfort him about her death. The GM hadn't wanted to run a Campaign based on the Champions and wanted us to go back to Xavier and could not figure out a better way to do it . . . I would love to play Trey again, he was a lot of fun ("I have more bad news for you. I am not a hostage." "Round two!" "You really need to spend some time in a gym.").

The "classic" version of Assault has 21 BOD, precisely because it's more than 20. :)

My characters rarely buy up END or STUN. They often have extra REC, although that is sometimes replaced by reduced END on their Strength or other powers.

None of my personal PCs have ever had more than 16 COM, but I've gone to 20 for NPC heroes (usually female ones, because of the genre stereotype).

A disproportionate number of my personal characters are bricks - in fact, most of them are variations on Assault, who is a nice clean design I haven't actually played for a really long time. As a result, they all tend to look rather similar.

Their personalities can vary quite wildly though.

I am fiddling with a couple of other "template" characters at the moment. The trouble is that I really need to play them to see if they work out.

If I can get them to work, I'll have another series of characters that all look pretty much the same.

The question, of course, depends on just what one defines as 'High'. ;)

For characters in ongoing campaigns (I once played in a 1000 point two-parter Cosmic game ... I'm not counting that) ...

STR 60, DEX 33, CON 28, BOD 17, INT 33, EGO 23, PRE 20, COM 25, SPD 6 ... almost never buy up the other figured stats. I generally short Body, just tossing on an extra couple of points to avoid getting a terminal case of the deads too fast. I would have a higher Strength, but in most games I've been in, we have to do a Brick Lotto to see who gets to play the strong guy, 'cause everybody wants to. :)