Foriegn Captain America's

Crusader108

Re: Foriegn Captain America's

To David Blue" I put two of my REALLY beautiful women in South America, but neither of them in Venezuala. One was "The Bomb" (powers similar to "American Beauty" from "Golden Age Champions") in Uraguay and the other was "La Carioca" who has "tactile telekenisis" and is a beach volleyball champion (with appropriate costume !) from Brazil. The two Venezualan characters I have come up with so far are both male !

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To David Blue" I put two of my REALLY beautiful women in South America' date=' but neither of them in Venezuala. One was "The Bomb" (powers similar to "American Beauty" from "Golden Age Champions") in Uraguay and the other was "La Carioca" who has "tactile telekenisis" and is a beach volleyball champion (with appropriate costume !) from Brazil. The two Venezualan characters I have come up with so far are both male ![/quote']

Hello, st barbera.

I like!

What does "La Carioca" mean?

To "Funksaw" Bollywood super heros eh ? Hmm. I remember a (british/indian) T V show that was shown here in Australia that featured a dancing superhero in a rather over the top sort of peudo Elvis costume who used his dancing as a weapon ! He was called "Bangraman" and fought his arch foe "Morris Dancer Walla" defeating him to save the other characters from "tiresome ethnic folk dancing". The show was called "Goodness Gracious Me" and was very funny, even for an Aussie who doesn't know much about Indian (or British/Indian) culture.

There was a superhero called 'Captain Nipple-Whistle' on the Scottish TV comedy show, Chewin' The Fat. He had a shield similar to Captain America's but depicting a nipple. He would defeat his foes by firmly grabbing one of their nipples and challenging them to whistle. This they were, obviously, unable to do thanks to the nipple hold. Thus demoralised the criminal would have to surrender.

A fine character, and representative of everything that is Scottish I feel.

Now I am not sure now where I got this from (and our resident Brazilian board member might be able to confirm or deny it) but I believe that "la Carioca" means simply a (female) native of Rio de Janiero (i e One who was born there)

Mostly correct. Only error is in the indentifying pronoun. They speak portuguese in Brazil, not spanish like the rest of the continent. So, it should be A Carioca, drop the "L" otherwise its not really Brazilian. The meaning is correct however, discounting the latin language transposition, it does refer to a female native of Rio.

qualifications: I lived in Brazil for two years and can still speak a good bit of portuguese even if I probably can't spell it correctly... ;)

To "Whamme Whamme" You may get a laugh out of this (or not) but one of the New Zealand heros that I created is a female flying energy projector named "Silver Fern" (Black body suit with silver boots, mask, gloves and fern on left breast). Last time I looked "Silver Ferns" was the name of the New Zealand netball team !