Online game

Corven_Ren

Does anyone run an online champions game? and I mean like in a chat room with dice rolling programs not by e-mail. I am going through massive role-playing withdrawels and if so anyone need players. I dont know how often I would actually be able to play (I am married and have 3 kids and a 4th on the way).

Man I too would be interested I have been looking for a fun game and only had one responce to a Board Post i had. With only two players at the moment it is not even worth getting to gether. (we live more than 40 miles apart ridiculous eh)

Since time is going to be a problem for you, a chat game is probably going to be even more problematic than FtF (something about juggling time zones in addition to work and kids, etc...).

Take a look around at Hero Central. It's not chat based, but it isn't exactly a pbem either. More of a play-by-post.

Hero Central

Well as far as time problems what I mean is I cannot play more than once maybe twice a week. Evenings (6 p.m.-10 p.m. eastern time) will be the best and I might have to step afk for a few minutes to get things for my kids is all. My problem with actually geting together with people is that I dont know any people in my area who game.

Have you considered WebRPG. I've been running a game there for years. Right now, I am a little burned out but have to slowly progressing games running. The first, I call the Legacy, hasn't developed very far. It is Champions. The second, Dark Nights, as progressed a bit further and is Dark Champions. I regularly have a room open, either as the Wild Hunt, the Champions game, or Dark Nights. One of my playerrs also co-GM's with me, picking up the slack at times when I'm running low of ideas or energy.

WebRPG

WebRPG had been free for years but had to go pay a couple years ago. The vast majority of the free players abandon the program for OpenRPG, a program I can't stand, but I stuck with it, paying the $10 every three months. Recently WebRPG has returned to free with requests for donations that seems to be working out fairly well. The program is JAVA based and you can find the required downloads on the left sidebar of the website complete with step by step installation instructions. While I rarely use maps any more, just lazy, everything else you need is easily obtained. I am willing to share whatever I have to help new players to the program.

I think I'll go open a room now. Drop on by sometime.