A question on familiars

Mark Rand

Does the player WANT the owl's schedule to change?

Cause it is his or her's magic owl!

Could work with a story either way...weird little day time owl familiar OR grumpy owl familiar constantly complaining about being up too early, working in daylight, can't you mages ever do magic at midnight like you're supposed to, etc. etc.

The mage, Lady Arcane, is a one of the characters I'm running in a campaign I'm going to GM. Since its a four-color team, she often has to fight crime during daylight hours. I'd like her familiar to be a Screech Owl, which is small, but they're generally active at night. Of course, I could give her a Snowy Owl, which is active both day and night, but that bird weighs four pounds.

For a guy running a four color fantasy role-playing game, you seem pretty hung up on realisim!

Give her whichever kind of owl you want, at whatever size you want, and let it be an enchanted owl!

Bigger Night time owl bespelled to be active in the day.

Smaller Day time owl bespelled to be MUCH BIGGER.

Do what you want, and what works best for your game.

Actually, it's four-color superheroes.

As I see it, among other things, the magic that made Amber, a screech owl, Lady Arcane's familiar, enables her to be active during the day.

Of course, this doesn't prevent her from sleeping when Lady Arcane's studying or being heiress Lisa Thomas. As Amber, who was named for the color of her eyes, put it to Lady Arcane, "I still need my beauty sleep."