Resistant Flash Defense

Re: Resistant Flash Defense

Originally posted by Metaphysician

Anybody ever built a character with this, or seen one??

Never made one. Never seen one.

Now you've got me curious and I'll spend the rest of the week trying to think up SFXs that would call for AVLD Killing Attacks versus Flash Defense.

Re: Re: Resistant Flash Defense

Originally posted by Dust Raven

Now you've got me curious and I'll spend the rest of the week trying to think up SFXs that would call for AVLD Killing Attacks versus Flash Defense.

Best I could come up with was the class D&D Nymph Aura.

Originally posted by Mike W

One, He was a gadgeteer who liked to use flash grenades. Not sure why you would both since AP/Penetrating Flash is almost unheard of.

I've seen characters build AP flash attacks. It's very effective since virtually no one hardens flash defense. Chicken or the egg?

Re: Re: Resistant Flash Defense

Originally posted by Dust Raven

Perhaps because I run AVLD as a +2 advantage that does BODY, I've actually seen a few of these. One was vs Hearing Group to reflect the ability to cause internal injuries by bursting someone's ear drums.

Another was an interesting take on a poison gas, defined AVLD vs Flash Defense Olfactory (smell/taste). To properly work it also had "no effect against proper immunity" limitation.

The "Nymph Aura" isn't one I thought of - probably because having a female player limits my options sometimes :D

RE: AP and Penetrating Flash. As I interprete how they work, Penetrating Flash would be useless since nothing is done with the STUN portion of Flash dice. I've seen AP used a few times, though.