Heavy Combat Cyborg

NuSoardGraphite

I'm planning to design a character who is a fully Cybernetic warrior. The only things on him that are flesh 'n blood are his brain and spinal column.

He does feel pain (i.e. Takes Stun) and his brain can be rattled in his skull (i.e. be "Stunned") but its very difficult to do so (Damage Reduction, Stun only?)

His "body" it totally modular. He has several weapons and gadgets built right in to his body and over a dozen weapons packages that can be attatched onto "quick change mounts".

What I was thinking was designing him with a Multiform with 3 forms.

His "Base" form will be the weakest. Its a Cybernetic Body that looks completely normal, but isn't (similar to the Alpha Cybernetic Body in Cyberpunk 2020).

The Secondary form will be a combat-worthy form thats strong and tough (STR 35ish, BOD 25ish, DEF 12ish) with the modular weapons attatchments.

The Tertiatary form will by the Heavy Combat form and will be nearly as tough as a small mecha (it makes him 3 meters tall in any case) with heavy weapons attatched, Heavy Armour (16+ res defense) and the ability to Fly via anti-grav and a flight booster and possibly a Force Field. (I did say heavy combat, right?)

As far as his DEX and SPD are concerned, the first form will be the fastest (DEX 25ish, SPD 7 or 8) the second form will be slower (DEX 20ish, SPD 6 or so) and the third form will be slower still (DEX 15/SPD 5 or possibly SPD 4)

Anyone have any ideas on what kind of weapons and attatchements this guy should have. And what Advantages and Limitations to represent his Cybernetic Body....

Okay, I'll bite. I would probably define the upgradeable weapons as a MP with each slot an ultra. Throw on a limitation that reflects the fact that he needs to change weapons in the armory (maybe) and you have that. I would probably include a flamer, a rocket launcher, a heavy machine gun, a powerful sniper rifle, an energy weapon and maybe even a non-lethal weapon like a net gun or sonic stunner thing. Season to flavor.

Disadvantages

I'm not sure of the campaign or the genre specifics, but maybe Accidental Change from the heavier forms to the lesser form.

Distinctive Features, if he is unique.

DNPC, if appropriate to back story.

Physical Limiations to represent his size and mass. Also can be used to represent hard-coded protocols (think Robocops Directives).

Psychological Limitations as appropriate to the back story/character concept.

Social Limitation may be appropriate.

Those are just a few off the top. If he needs a substance to survive, then Dependence. Especially combined with the Incompetence or Weakness modifiers. If he is vulnerable to certain styles of attacks you can do Susceptability and/or Vulnerability.

Advantages/Limitations

Again, since each power must be defined first, season to flavor.

I would probably give him Hardened defenses. Hmmmn, I would actually define his weapon as two attacks an EB and an RKA. Each one I would give the Variable Advantage and Variable Special effects advantages onto. Simplifies things greatly. Maybe throw those two into a Multipower as ultra slots. Of course, it does limit the non-lethal stuff like entangles, but I'm sure you could add another slot. I would also throw on the Variable Limitation modifier just to round things out.

I would tend to make his enhanced senses with Increased Arc of Perception and maybe some Telescopic levels. As many as could be used for Targeting should get that.

Beyond that, I don't know enough about the character to give any defintive answers.

Only problem with building him as a Multi-Form character is the fact that you have to rebuy all of his skills/talents/perks in each and every form. It's one of the reasons I have yet to find a use for Multi-Form.

On a side note, I've tried to build a full conversion 'borg character (but with using the automaton rules) and it was rather spendy . . also took 3 charcter sheets. One for the brain, one for the body, and one for the battle computer.

If you would like I could try and either come up with something to give you a jump start or post my orginal 'borg character for you.

Originally posted by nolgroth

Okay, I'll bite. I would probably define the upgradeable weapons as a MP with each slot an ultra. Throw on a limitation that reflects the fact that he needs to change weapons in the armory (maybe) and you have that. I would probably include a flamer, a rocket launcher, a heavy machine gun, a powerful sniper rifle, an energy weapon and maybe even a non-lethal weapon like a net gun or sonic stunner thing. Season to flavor.

Thats pretty much what I was thinking. He would normally have to change in an armoury, except for some of his more portable weapons that he can change out in the field. Those weapons will likely be built in a Multipower.

I was planning a Flamer and a Machine Gun as well as a heavy Beam-gun. A Rocket Launcher would be a good addition to this list. I'm thinking guided Gyrojet rockets of some sort.

The addition of Non-lethal weapons is a good idea. The characer is a mercenary and it may stand to reason that he would need to take prisoners from time to time.

His main weapon is a fargin huge sword (called a Zanbato) with a blade about 7 feet long and 1 foot wide. It surrounds the physical blade with a force field to enable it to deflect energy attacks without damaging the blade. About how much damage do you think that should do? (I was thinking 2 1/2D6K base damage with a STR min of 27)

Disadvantages

I'm not sure of the campaign or the genre specifics, but maybe Accidental Change from the heavier forms to the lesser form.

Accidental Change?

I like it! perhaps after taking a certain amount of Damage, there is a possibility that his body will break down to a "lesser" form. Excellent!

As far as the genre/campaign is concerned, its an NPC I'm designing for a game based on the Manga The Five Star Stories. If you aren't familiar with the manga, its basically a Fantasy/Space-Opera style epic with Knights, Sorcerers, Dragons and Mecha.

All of the Knights are decended from Supersoldiers, so they average DEX 20 and SPD 5-6. The Sorcerors command some pretty potent abilities including Elemental spells, Teleportation and Summoning.

The Cyborg I'm designing was a Knight who's original body was obliterated during a mecha battle. They managed to save his brain and spine, but his body was beyond help, and it was going to take several years to completely regenerate him a new body (they can do that in this campaign) so he opted for Cybernetics instead.

However, changing to the Cybernetic body, the character lost a bit of speed (in the manga, Cyborgs are slower than Knights, generaly) so in order to compensate he kept upgrading himself to get stronger and tougher.

He believes that Cybernetic enhancement to be superior to the natural abilities of Knights and takes every opportunity he can to prove it.

Distinctive Features, if he is unique.

In his "first" form, he's not at all recognizable as a Cyborg. Of course any detailed scan of him will prove otherwise.

His second and Third forms are very obviously distinctive. His third form is even designed to impart fear in his foes (increased PRE) so it gets the "Extreme Reaction" add on as well.

DNPC, if appropriate to back story.

Actually, in the campaign, Knights have parters known as Fatima. They would definately be considered DNPC's since Knights must have these Fatima (artificial humanoids built for computer processing) to help co-pilot their mecha, and enemies can cripple a Knights ability to pilot his mecha by kidnapping or killing his Fatima.

However, Metallicus (what I've decided to name the character) has no Fatima...she was killed in the battle that maimed him...he uses an Etrml, which is an organic computer that is semi-permanently implanted within a mecha to take the place of a Fatima...but they aren't nearly as proficient as a Fatima. So no, DNPC isn't applicable to the character.

Physical Limiations to represent his size and mass. Also can be used to represent hard-coded protocols (think Robocops Directives).

Well, the character is just over 7 feet tall, even in his first form. (2.15 meters) In his second form he's about 8 feet tall and in his 3rd form he's over 9 feet tall. His mass will vary from about 350kg to 800kg in his Heavy Combat form.

I don't think any Hard-coded protocols are appropriate. His brain is completely natural brain-matter. He does have memory back-ups built into his main body though :) (Eidetic Memory)

Perhaps the doctor that built him put in some override programs incase he becambe a menace, because he is very powerful, so I will consider this.

Psychological Limitations as appropriate to the back story/character concept.

As a Knight, he had a Code of Chivalry, but this is dissapearing as he's getting more into the Cybernetics.

He definately has a Gunslinger Mentality as he loves to challenge Knights to duels and battles just to prove he's stronger and tougher than they are.

He is also slowly losing his emotions and connection with his humanity...it doesn't turn him into a psychotic killing machine like in Cyberpunk or Cyber Hero, but it just makes him more and more emotionless as time goes on...

Social Limitation may be appropriate.

Hmmm...besides the obvious one's for the campaign I'd have to think of some. There doesn't seem to be restrictions on Cyborgs beyond the normal restrictions on Knights.

Those are just a few off the top. If he needs a substance to survive, then Dependence. Especially combined with the Incompetence or Weakness modifiers. If he is vulnerable to certain styles of attacks you can do Susceptability and/or Vulnerability.

Yeah, he might need a special substance to keep his brain and spine healthy. Good idea.

I don't plan him to be vulnerable to EMP or to Electricity, but I will try to think of something because he's gonna be pretty tough and it will be difficult for the PC's to take him down without some kind of weakness to exploit...

• 4 months later...

Re: Heavy Combat Cyborg

Hey NuSoard, out of curiosity how is this campaign going? Are you still planning it or did you run it? I'm curious because I'm thinking of running a FSS game in the future, having been into FSS since the late 80s. :smoke:

Rob

Well, I had run the campaign before I posted this message. It ran fairly smoothly once I figured out how I was going to do anything (the Headdliner and Fatima package deals were a pain cause they are so superior to normals) and how many points it was going to be.

I ran it at 200pts, but unless your players are good at making very point efficient characters, that wont be powerful enough, so I suggest the maximum for Heroic campaigns, 125+125. Thats what I'm going to use in the future.

Unfortunately, the campaign didn't get finished as I ended up moving, but I plan to move back to S.D. eventually and hope to pick it back up when I do, so I'm still preparing items (like the NPC mentioned above) for future FSS campaigns...

Unfortunately' date=' the campaign didn't get finished as I ended up moving, but I plan to move back to S.D. eventually and hope to pick it back up when I do, so I'm still preparing items (like the NPC mentioned above) for future FSS campaigns...[/quote']

Do tell?

Hmmm.... I'm kinda poking around the edges of this thing....

Any problem with the heavy combat form being a vehicle and the medium form being OIHID (with some limitations)?

My personal take on the Zanbato would be 2.5d6 AP HKA Str Min. 30.

The damage in Alfa form wouldn't be too impressive (+martial arts), but in medium and heavy combat forms it can take on vehicles easily.

Also, do you want 'Speed vision'? I.E a counter to the occasional SFX that the Headliner is moving so fast it cannot be percieved.

As I don't have Fred yet, Senses is driving me up the wall.

Hmmm.... I'm kinda poking around the edges of this thing....

Any problem with the heavy combat form being a vehicle and the medium form being OIHID (with some limitations)?

Actualy, thats not a bad idea. That way the "Alpha" form is his original form, the "Beta" form is OIHID and the "Omega" form is vehicle. Not bad at all!

My personal take on the Zanbato would be 2.5d6 AP HKA Str Min. 30.

The damage in Alfa form wouldn't be too impressive (+martial arts), but in medium and heavy combat forms it can take on vehicles easily.

Well, in his "Alpha" form, his STR is going to be 30. STR 40 in his "Beta" form and STR 50 in his "Omega" form. Thus, before martial arts/skill levels, he'll do 2.5d6 in Alpha, 3d6+1 in Beta and 4d6 in "Omega" with the potential to do up to 5d6+1k total. He won't really be a threat to Mortar Headds (defense averages at 25 hardened), but to just about anything else, he'd be devastating.

Also, do you want 'Speed vision'? I.E a counter to the occasional SFX that the Headliner is moving so fast it cannot be percieved.

Dang Toby! I should talk to you about these kinds of things more often. That is something I've never considered, and I should have considering what goes down in FSS quite often.

A couple of the PC's in my last FSS game had "So fast you can't see it" moves in their repetoires. A "Speed Vision" sense is appropriate for highly skilled headdliners who can percieve such moves, no matter how fast they are. Lets build it!

This sense is for the purpose of allowing a character to see attack moves that are normally invisible, but only with the SFX of "superspeed".

This is a class of things and it also significantly affects combat, so this is a base 5pts.

Speed Vision [5]

This should be based on sight group.

In addition to the base Detect, we will add:

Discriminatory (+5)

Ranged (+5)

Sense (+2)

Discriminatory allows the character to see exactly what attack move is being executed. (though he may still need a Analyze Style roll to recognize it)

Ranged and Sense put it in line with normal vision.

Total cost: 17pts.

Of course, one could argue that Combat Sense could be used for this purpose, or prehaps an Analyze Fighting Technique roll. Characters with a High Combat Sense and/or Analyze technique skill should be able to figure out what just happened, but a character with Speed Vision as a sense doesn't need to roll...they just 'see' it happen. Kaien, Rognar, Ena Dai Gu and Amaterasu would all have this ability...

As I don't have Fred yet, Senses is driving me up the wall.

You don't have FREd yet!?

Whats taking you so long? Hop to it!

About the campaign' date=' or about when I plan to move back to S.D.[/quote']

Actually, if you don't mind, I'd like to hear about your campaign. :bounce:

Setting up a FSS campaign doesn't seem like the easiest thing in the world...It's a pretty complicated setting, and there's also the question of what point in a very long history to set the game.

I was considering something along the lines of setting mine in the period when the old FEMC are on the run, and the "other" Amaterasu is running the show. (vague as I can get without spoilers, but I have no doubts you know when I am talking about) I thought a nice "rebels" campaign would be a natural way to go for an RPG, since most starting PCs are definitely not candidates for FEMC membership status. (After I thought of this, I remembered that what this essentially amounts to is HM L-Gaim...But then, it worked for L-Gaim too!)

Rob

Sure, no problem!

It wasn't easy to get a FSS campaign up and running. There were lots (and lots and lots) of MH's to design and unique weapons to come up with stats for (Val Balah, S-mines, Buster Launchers), not to mention the package deals for Headdliners and Fatimas to deal with. But once I dealt with that, the rest fit together rather nicely.

It also helps that I'm a hopeless FSS fanatic (as if you couldn't tell by the handle)

I began by soloing one player to 'playtest' my design decisions. I started him off during the beginning of the Colus/Hagooda war (2989) as his character hailed from Juno, near the border of Ballanka and Hagooda. The character (Scion Zane) was a Headdliner, but wasn't picked up by any of the Knight corps because his headdliner ability was kept secret by his foster family. Yep, he was an orphen who didn't know his true parents. (lots of roleplaying fodder there)

However, a wandering Knight did come to his parents farm and taught him the skills he needed to become a Knight at some point in the future (he called his master "Needle-sama")

During the opening thrust of the war, his parents farm was overrun by Hagooda soldiers. His foster parents and brothers (3 of them) were all killed in the skirmish. He managed to save his foster-sister and escape into the wilderness with Minminba scout troops in pursuit.

In order to save his sisters life, Scion decided to lead the scout troops away from her escape rout by causing a distraction. During this escapade, he became surrounded by the Minminba (who have low-grade Headdliner ability) and had to fight them to escape. During the ensuing battle, Scion took a serious wound, but managed to kill all of his pursuers in short order.

However, Scion wasn't alone. He was being watched by two mysterious strangers. After Scion defeated the scouts, these strangers appeared before him. Headdliners! A male and a female, both dressed all in white. Scion prepared for attack and the male asked him if he really wanted to do that. Without hesitation, Scion attacked swiftly....and missed! It seemed to Scion that the male (whom he attacked) barely moved and his attack slid by without touching him. The mysterious headdliner gave Scion a swift chop to the neck, knocking him unconsciouss. Before passing out, as his vision blurred, Scion saw that he did not miss, but scratched the male headdliner as a single drop of blood slid down his left cheek.

"You're getting sloppy." the female replied to the male.

The female is revealed as FEMC #9, Dippa Dropps.

"He lacks experience, but his potential is frightening." The male replied, now fully revealed as FEMC #4 Falk U Rognar. (The player then proceeded to crap his shorts)

Scion Zane lost consciousness, his last thoughts of his sisters safety...

That was the exciting beginning of an adventure-filled campaign set in the Joker Galaxy. Scion Zane eventually went on to meet Emperor Colus (his liege lord!), was recruited by Rognar into the Gods Knights of Greece and shipped off to Float Temple. There, on Float Temple he met Lachesis and a whole host of other characters including Aisha Codante (who couldn't wait to get her hands on the 'fresh meat') and the Emperor of Light himself, Amaterasu (he never got to meet Sop though).

Other PC's included a Headdliner who was one of Rognars agents who mysteriously carried his (Rognar's) authority. A lost and mentally damaged Fatima and a Biya (a Knight with Diver powers) who was more Meight than Knight. They ended up exploring an old Super-Empire space facility, awakening a super-powerful android and encountering the Black Dragon. The main villian was a Highbrain Diver who recently awoke from suspended animation and decided he was going to rule the planet Addler. Unfortunately, they never got to face the main villian, but ran afoul of the Crimson Marauders the mercenary group this villian hired to do his bidding. Mortar Headd battles, Headdliner dueling and lots of sorcery flying about. It was a lot of fun!

Headdliners recieved the following bonuses:

STR +10

DEX +10

CON +5

BOD +5

SPD +2

Running +10"

Leaping +1"

Fatimas I gave:

STR +7

DEX +7

INT +10

SPD +1

Running +5"

Leaping +1"

Absolute Time Sense

Eidetic Memory

Lightning Calculator

Life Support: Diminished Eating 1/week

Life Support: Diminished Sleep 8hours/week

Life Support: Longevity (average life 800 years)

Mind Link: Any Mortar Headd (10) No Range (-1/2) OAF(-1)

Sensory Input: Clairsentience (sight) (20) Only through MH (-1/2) No Range (-1/2) linked to Mind Link (-1/4) OAF(-1)

Mortar Headd Control: Succor 2D6 (10) Aid to STR/DEX/SPD/Running/REC same time (+2) OAF(-1) Requires Skill Roll (-1/2) Linked to Mind Link (-1/4) Mortar Headds only (-1)

The Mind Link represented the Fatimas ability to Sync with the computer of the Mortar Headd. Via this, the Fatima can control all aspects of the Mortar Headd without physical controls of any sort. The OAF is, of course, the control crystal attatched to the Fatimas frontal lobe (it is removable, so its very much a Focus)

The Sensory Input represented the fact that the Mortar Headds senses (most especially sight) are completely shared by the Fatima...she sees what the MH sees. Including any spy cameras the MH may have sent out. (handy little talent, that)

The Mortar Headd Control represents the Fatimas ability to "boost" the Mortar Headds performance, which is their entire reason for existing. The better the fatima, the better the boost. It is a Succor, so the fatima must continue to pay endurance the entire time. There have been examples of Fatima "pushing" their MH to the fullest, then passing out from the strain/stress (i.e. going past 0 end to take Stun)

The 2d6 from the package represents a run-of-the-mill factory fatima that is completely average (or "C" ranked in Mortar Headd Control). I measured the rate of boost based on the rank of the fatimas Mortar Headd Control guage this way:

Guage/Boost

VA/5D6

3A/4D6+3

2A/4D6

A/3D6+3

B1/3D6

B2/2D6+3

C/2D6

D1/1D6+3

D2/1D6

E/none

For boosting a MH's Speed characteristic, I violated one of the rules where incrimental speed doesn't count in regards to adjustment powers. Many MH's had partial speed scores like the LED Mirage at SPD 5.2, thus if a Fatima rolled 8pts on her boost roll, she would increase the LED to a SPD of 6. On a roll of 18, it would increase to speed 7, etc.

Whoa! :) Sounds great! Thanks for the tips...

Question! I assume since the Fatima is needed to boost them that most Mortar Heads are actually not that impressive in the stats department. They are extremely tough, but probably not very quick. If I remember right, they even have a form of shields/force fields don't they? (Sorry, it's been a while, I have to go back and read some of my old source material...)

Rob

Whoa! :) Sounds great! Thanks for the tips...

Question! I assume since the Fatima is needed to boost them that most Mortar Heads are actually not that impressive in the stats department. They are extremely tough, but probably not very quick. If I remember right, they even have a form of shields/force fields don't they? (Sorry, it's been a while, I have to go back and read some of my old source material...)

Rob

The fatima is required because they are very complex and touchy machines. The performance of MH is such that there are no other weapons/vehicles capable of fighting them on an even scale, thus only other MH's are sufficient to battle them. They are VERY fast and very tough/strong compared to mecha of other shows (like Gundam). An unboosted MH probably performs similarly to one of the top-grade mecha from later Gundam tv series or perhaps Gundam Wing. A boosted unit is even better.

I tend to place the DEX/SPD characteristics (unboosted) at between 15 and 20 (for Dex) and 4 and 6 (for Speed) An average Fatima can boost an Average MH from DEX 15 SPD 4 to DEX 19 SPD 5. A top-grade fatima (3A rated in MH Control) could boost that same MH to DEX 24 and SPD 6!

Nearly all MH's carry shields (which they call "Veils" in FSS) and some even mount energy barriers (the Jagd Mirage definately has one).

In the manga, MH's routinely dive planetside from orbit, leaving behind large craters from their impact, then up and ready for battle in only a few seconds. They can deflect lasers/projectiles with their veils and beamswords with little trouble. The best Headdliners are even able to perform their supermoves with their MH's (Sonic Blades, Body Divides etc). MH's are far more powerful than most people are aware of.

In the manga, MH's routinely dive planetside from orbit, leaving behind large craters from their impact, then up and ready for battle in only a few seconds. They can deflect lasers/projectiles with their veils and beamswords with little trouble. The best Headdliners are even able to perform their supermoves with their MH's (Sonic Blades, Body Divides etc). MH's are far more powerful than most people are aware of.

WOW! O_o! I think I'm going to have to revise my thoughts on MH's, I definitely thought of them more as unstoppable juggernauts than as fast killer machines. (Of course, it does depend on which MH we're talking about, and how heavily loaded down it is too...)

For those who have no clue what we're talking about, go here:

http://www.heika.net/html/fss.htm

or here:

http://simsrule.tripod.com/

And, I highly recommend reading this guy's Five Star Side Story fanfics which can be found about two-thirds down the page here...they are a different perspective on the setting, but an excellent read: (warning, they start a little nasty, but there's a reason for it...)

http://www.gweep.ca/~hagen/wrt.html

Rob

WOW! O_o! I think I'm going to have to revise my thoughts on MH's' date=' I definitely thought of them more as unstoppable juggernauts than as fast killer machines. (Of course, it does depend on which MH we're talking about, and how heavily loaded down it is too...) [/quote']

Weight has a little to do with it, yes. Most MH's have ejectable armor plates so they can drop it during battle to gain more agility when they need it (LED Mirage vs Vatshu in volume 1)

In J.C. 3000+ a lot of nations convert their MH's to heavy armor, but it doesn't really seem to affect their performance at all. During one of the opening battles of the Majestic Stand, Heavily armored Fillmore Sirens (around 170 tons) battle mass-production versions of the Ashura Temple (around 160 tons) and these things fly at each other a hyper-speed. The point of impact when these two forces meet shows a huge explosion from the force of their encounter (page 96 and 97 of Japanese volume 11). Nagano is really starting to show the true capabilities of his MH's when before all we got were little demonstations on small scale (except for the Jagd Mirage when it showed up. Yowza!)

And, I highly recommend reading this guy's Five Star Side Story fanfics which can be found about two-thirds down the page here...they are a different perspective on the setting, but an excellent read: (warning, they start a little nasty, but there's a reason for it...)

http://www.gweep.ca/~hagen/wrt.html

Rob

I agree. I have all his stories saved on my HD. Excellent stuff.

Soon I'll post one of my MH writeups for you so you can see how I handled it (likely the Bang Doll. The Led Mirage is too damn big!)

Weight has a little to do with it, yes. Most MH's have ejectable armor plates so they can drop it during battle to gain more agility when they need it (LED Mirage vs Vatshu in volume 1)

In J.C. 3000+ a lot of nations convert their MH's to heavy armor, but it doesn't really seem to affect their performance at all. During one of the opening battles of the Majestic Stand, Heavily armored Fillmore Sirens (around 170 tons) battle mass-production versions of the Ashura Temple (around 160 tons) and these things fly at each other a hyper-speed. The point of impact when these two forces meet shows a huge explosion from the force of their encounter (page 96 and 97 of Japanese volume 11). Nagano is really starting to show the true capabilities of his MH's when before all we got were little demonstations on small scale (except for the Jagd Mirage when it showed up. Yowza!)

Nice to see he got back to Mortar Headds again, last time I was reading it (back around Volume 7) he was fixated on Divers, Biyas and Fantasy stuff for a while there. That's kinda what killed some of my interest at the time.

I agree. I have all his stories saved on my HD. Excellent stuff.

Soon I'll post one of my MH writeups for you so you can see how I handled it (likely the Bang Doll. The Led Mirage is too damn big!)

My god...O_o! The words "THANK YOU" just don't cut it! :winkgrin:

Wouldn't the logical thing to do be to post a baseline Mass Produced MH like the Berlin (if you made any up), and one of the more high grade ones for comparison so the HEROs here can see the difference? Did you make them up using Hero Designer?

Rob

Nice to see he got back to Mortar Headds again' date=' last time I was reading it (back around Volume 7) he was fixated on Divers, Biyas and Fantasy stuff for a while there. That's kinda what killed some of my interest at the time. [/quote']

Really? Volume 7 and 8 had a lot of MH activity in it. Especially after the Jagd Mirage got involved. (and the MH battle between the Auge and Apache in Volume 7 was fantastic)

Volumes 9 and 10 don't have a lot of MH activity in them and volume 9 especially concentrates on the fantasy/Diver angle, but then he's setting up the backgrounds necessary for the current events, which is the "Majestic Stand" or The Great War of Magic where the super-diver Dis Vosjasforth attempts to conquer Hathua and causes such chaos that it disrupts the balance of power in the galaxy. These events lead up to Amaterasu's decision to conquer the planets to finaly bring peace to the galaxy...

In volume 10 Nagano starts to concentrate on the next generation of Headdliners to lead the galaxy. Volume 10 also includes the absolute coolest battle-scenes in the FSS epic seen thus far (character to character battles, that is) as Vosjasforth and the 3rd Black knight, Decors Weissmel invade Float Temple (it takes a lot of testosterone to pull that off) to attempt to get the AKD involved in the coming war. If you haven't seen it, track it down. Its incredible. The next few volumes of the english version (volumes 23, 24, 25 and 26) should cover these events.

Volume 11 gets into the Majestic Stand itself and the MH battles are back in full force. Some nice (and not-so-nice) surprises await in this volume. Volume 12 is currently being run in Newtype and will probably come out in collected format next year.

My god...O_o! The words "THANK YOU" just don't cut it! :winkgrin:

Wouldn't the logical thing to do be to post a baseline Mass Produced MH like the Berlin (if you made any up), and one of the more high grade ones for comparison so the HEROs here can see the difference? Did you make them up using Hero Designer?

Rob

You are welcome :)

If you want, I will post one of the "generic" Mortar Headds like the Baruncha or Devoncha. They are pretty barebones compared to a Bang-doll or a Mirage.

I'm actually helping someone develop a FSS section on his website (gearsonline.net) and writing up character profiles for him this weekend, but as soon as I finish with that I'll post the MH's.

At last count, I have about 25 MH's fully written up (and the Jagd Mirage half-done). I didn't use Designer, as I do not have it. I do all my writeups manually...and I didn't really count points too much. Only active points for Endurance purposes and whatnot.

Really? Volume 7 and 8 had a lot of MH activity in it. Especially after the Jagd Mirage got involved. (and the MH battle between the Auge and Apache in Volume 7 was fantastic)

:straight: Apparently I REALLY need to go read them again....

You are welcome :)

If you want, I will post one of the "generic" Mortar Headds like the Baruncha or Devoncha. They are pretty barebones compared to a Bang-doll or a Mirage.

Excellent! That should be perfect, I am really curious as to how you put them together...I just looked up the Bangdoll weapon's listing on that site you're helping out on....The listing for the Bangdoll must be huge from just the weapons alone...I Now understand why you never finished the Jagd Mirage...

If you post the Mortar Headd stats here, you might as well start a new thread for it since it doesn't relate to this one anymore. Also I'm not sure it will fit in here...^_-

Rob