Anyone using Sidekick?

Lowly Uhlan

Re: Anyone using Sidekick?

When I run my first HERO campaign, I intend to use the full selection of character creation options (skills, perks, talents, powers, disadvantages), from FREd - as far as is appropriate for my campaign, anyway. I'm considering limiting combat options to what's presented in Sidekick until myself and my players get comfortable with the system. Then I'll probably expand the range of options available.

Both of those options are what I'm considering for SH. using the skill tweeks in that book. I'm requiring all players to have SK (Sidekick) if they don't have Fred. Only because a couple of the players in my group have an irrational fear of that big black book.

Has anyone actually run SK yet?

I bought one for a friend and two for myself to have for my players to use , but sold one to one of them . The SIDEKICK and the Free Stuff Documents have been a big help getting the players into the game . It's slowly speeding up . It has also gotten to the point of me telling them what page to look at off the top of my head . So yeh , I guess you could say where using .

P.S. : I own a copy of the HERO System 5th Edition and use it . The one I gave to a friend as a late birthday gift and to try to draw him into playing HERO over GURPS . He's palyed both , but GURPS has been more prominent over the last oh 14yrs .

Cheers

E .

It certainly covers all the basics. I still have the 4th ed BBB, bought Sidekick, downloaded some docs, and am trying out the Hero Designer v2 Demo. Between those, I don't think I'm missing too much.

Now to find some players to cajole into playing it with me.

I got two copies for my players, but they haven't arrived here is Aus yet (surface shipping). All well though because I haven't started my Hero game yet. When I do I'll be using the full rules for the game and giving Sidekick to the players. If I ever need to look up a rule during the game though I'll probably just use Sidekick instead so as not to slow down the game.

Ie. Using the full rules to generate characters right now. Full rules in game, unless I can't remember them off hand then use Sidekick.

The Horror

I'm using the full 5E' date=' but I'm encouraging my players to buy Sidekick instead of FREd, mainly because of price. Most of the optional stuff they needn't be worried about anyways.[/quote']

Most but not all. Just my opinion of course, but Dive for Cover ought to be a standard maneuver, not an optional.