LotR Challenge...

Yogzilla

A friend of mine presented me with the following challenge (and I thought it a fun enough exercise to post here)...

Build Sauron as a Fantasy Hero character before he lost the One Ring - and make sure that when he does lose it he becomes appropriately diminished. Point cost is not an issue.

...of course, I'm also still working on his Champions challenge of building the Silver Age Superman... :)

-Yogzilla

Re: LotR Challenge...

Remember that Sauron was diminished below his initial inherent level of power by the loss of the One Ring; he placed much of his might into the One to make it mighty enough to dominate the other Rings of Power.

I admit to being a fan of Scott Nolan's writeup for Sauron and the One Ring on Mike Surbrook's website. Admittedly that writeup includes items of power from ICE's description of Sauron which weren't in LotR, but they're easy to excise. Essentially the One Ring is treated here as a big Aid boosting all the innate magic abilities of the possessor; it doesn't really grant particular powers, but can vastly enhance the powers of its wearer.

You can find the writeups (with many other LotR characters) here.