Champions 4th Favorites

Tech

Not everyone from previous Champions/Hero Games books made it in the transfer to the 5th Edition statistics. However, a lot of them still breathe in campaigns, mine being one of them. Some have even gotten a personal upgrade to 5th rules. Whether hero or villain, what are yours?

Although I only used the Champions hero group once, I didn't think they were too bad, just mediocre.

Hardly exhaustive but some of mine I still use are:

• Terror, Inc. (still intact in my game)
  • Bora (still alive and still in Eurostar)
  • Pantera (ditto)
  • Cobra/King Cobra
  • Vibron as Vibron 3rd/4th Edition
  • Ruler of Crime (seriously upgraded and head of L.A. mob. Gotta love a 'normal' with 10 levels total)
  • The Maine for some comic relief. 5d6 Unluck rocks.

My campaign was set up to be a 5th Edition game, and it has been a few years since I have played a 4th Edition game, but so far the following have carried over:

Teams:

Anarchy (EoSA)

Deathstroke

Pairs:

Panda & Raccoon

Radar & Sonar

Sunburst & Ray

Thunder & Lightning

Individuals:

Frizbee

Plague

Shamrock

There will probably be more, but the game is still young.

The two biggies for me are Sanctuary (Neutral Ground) and CLOWN. I've defined an event in my world's timeline in which CLOWN gets raided by Primus and as a result their current membership is about 1/4th of what it was before, but other than deciding that April Foolmaker was "killed trying to escape" (my world has an anti-psionic backlash) I haven't picked who got to stick around. In particular, I know I have to make a decision about Black Harlequin (CKC) and what his relationship to Merry Andrews is.

Also, my version of the Champions has more of a 4th Edition bent. I have NightSeeker not NightHawk, Solitaire instead of Witchcraft, and Jaguar is on the team.

Of the ones that I'm reasonably sure are not coming back in the 5E CU:

V.O.I.C.E., previously updated to 4E, now in the process of getting the 5E upgrade. I greatly expanded on this organization in previous campaigns, and they've long been a favorite;

The Protectors, from To Serve and Protect. My favorite NPC hero team. BTW, if you like this group and haven't done so yet, you should check out the recent thread about them for new artwork of several characters by Scott Heine, and updated character writeups by Glenn Sprigg. You can find that here: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=791&highlight=protectors ;

Deathstroke. I ignored the comic-relief twist given the group in the original Champions Universe supplement, instead building on the concept of Deathstroke being behind a political movement of "crooks running the country who are honest about being crooks" as suggested in their first adventure module. In my campaign Deathstroke developed into a major anarchist/revolutionary organization. I actually kept the additional characters presented in CU, Scatterbrain and her public-relations father. A publicist would be useful to a group with a political agenda, as would a mentalist member with invisible Mind Control powers;

Nuada of the Silver Hand, from Kingdom of Champions. My all-time favorite Champions NPC hero, a powerful figure with a rich and tragic history.

Most of the cast from Champions of the North. A very interesting roster of characters IMHO.

Others are floating around my mind, but I haven't decided on them yet.

A lot of supers died in my current campaign so I really don't need too many of them converted to FREd. The ones I do need I "upgraded" myself. It was fun adding new FREd junk. I enjoyed it. :D Regardless here is a list of the folks I still use...

* UNTIL - They are sort of the shady all powerful government agency in my new campaign.

* Fox - Don't worry...he is serious is my game. ;) For some reason my players really took to Fox. Lots of subplots with Fox and one of the PC...

* Mechanon - Shhh...the players don't know this yet. Hehehe. (He is already in FREd. YEAH!)

* Jimmy Dugan - I like Jimmy Dugan. Fine...he takes 10 seconds to update. Is he gonna be in MC? (FYI. Does anyone think it is funny that Millenium City is "MC"? Does that mean there will be a MC Mayor? MC Villains? MC Heroes? Sounds like a fast food franchise... :) )

I THINK that is it without my notes...