Passenger Damage

Jhereg

Re: Passenger Damage

What rules do you guys use for damage to passengers when a small vehicle takes damage?

Try simple knockback into the dashboard.

Then the question remains, how to figure the amount of KB?

It figure from how much speed is still in the vehicle when it is stopped suddenly.

That same amount of inertia is then applied to the passenger.

+ouch+

Ah, I think that would work perfectly for me. Thanks

As an addendum. How would you simulate the following powers:

Heads-up Display

Voice Masking (Images to Hearing or mimicry?)

Remote Control for the vehicle.

My answers:

Passenger damage -- depends on the manner of damage to the vehicle. If the vehicle is damaged by an attack, then its DEF acts like a Force Wall.

Heads-Up Display -- I'd chalk this one up to Special Effects, or at most 1 +1 Skill Level with vehicle operations.

Voice Masking -- Possibly Mimicry, but more likely Shape Shift to Hearing Group.

Remote Control -- Use Mind Link to a Computer operating the Vehicle; see TUV page 27 (sidebar) for an example. I believe I had some additional material on the subject in my "Leftover Hero" in DH#7 (I don't have a copy right on hand so I'm not sure).

If it's a normal attack (someone shoots the vehicle, for example), the passengers aren't affected at all. If someone tries to shot through the vehicle to hit a passenger, the defense acts like a Force Wall (but doesn't necessarily "turn off" if breached).

If it's a crash, I treat everyone in the vehicle as performing a Move By (I only make if a Move Through if the vehicle is stopped dead) to the interior of the vehicle, with the Def of any restraining devices adding to the defense of the character. I use the STR of the vehicle and the relative change in velocity due to the crash for the velocity.

Aren't there rules for this in TUV?

My TUV had a breakdown in the binding and I returned it and have not yet replaced it...but,

I remember seat belts as being DEF Only To Protect Passengers From Crash Damage. "Everyvehicle" equipment gives a DEF of 4 (I think, could be wrong), but this can be either bought up or replaced by better equipment.