Hot Diggity, "Reality Storm" at last?

Hermit

We got word from our good friends at Guardians Of Order this that Reality Storm is just about ready to go to the printer! We’ve all been checking over it this week to make sure the Is are dotted and the Ts crossed, so I expect that by next week it’ll be in the printer’s hands. Barring disaster, that should mean it will ship sometime around mid-May.

I know some folks have forgotten about it entirely, and I think the delay hurt it, but I was looking forward to this and am again. From my limited interaction on the boards for the 'SaS vs Champs' the GOO guys are pretty good joes (Both the employees and the fans).

What's more, with a translation mechanism from one game to the other, I can now get my hands on SAS products as well, and use it as my own Earth 2 sort of setting "Earth GOO" as it were. :)

Re: Hot Diggity, "Reality Storm" at last?

Where'd you get this information from? Very good news if accurate! I've been waiting entirely too long for this.

We should talk this puppy up on various game forums to remind people of its existence. With all the multistatted supers game books coming out recently, this one definitely fits the trend.

Where'd you get this information from? Very good news if accurate! I've been waiting entirely too long for this.

Oopps, my bad ;) I should have given credit for that quote to Steve, it was in today's update. I would say the source is as reliable as we can get ;)

And yes, indeed, it will be great to see this one out. It seems like a classic crossover scenerio. With things like Omnivex (Sp) in RPGs, and JLA/Avengers in comics, it's good it might make that "Trend" you spoke of.

I have some plans for this 'other world' I plan to have non powered duplicates of the Champions (and the PC team) on GOO World, and non powered duplicates of the Sentinels in the CU just for an example.

EDIT: Sorry LL, didn't see that Blacksword had already filled you in until I had posted this.

I have some plans for this 'other world' I plan to have non powered duplicates of the Champions (and the PC team) on GOO World, and non powered duplicates of the Sentinels in the CU just for an example.

Very cool idea. If we get into a more 4-color game this would be pretty cool to st...er...borrow. :) Great way to include a different world, and very in-genre.

Don't forget Gold Rush Games' San Angelo line, with stats for Action! System, M&M Superlink and HERO. Wave of the future, I tell ya.

For my part, I've been thinking of mixing the SAS characters with Steve Kenson's HERO versions of the gang from Freedom City, to make an alternate world with a more optimistic tone than the CU - kind of a DC to the Champions Universe's Marvel. ;)

Very cool idea. If we get into a more 4-color game this would be pretty cool to st...er...borrow. :) Great way to include a different world' date=' and very in-genre.[/quote']

Thanks.

I'm still undecided what the Champion duplicates will be like on Earth Goo, but so far:

James Harmon, denied his destiny as Defender, is instead an agressive CEO and Philanthropist both. There is a growing sense of disatisfaction in him that he has not really added to the family name in any measurable way. If he should find out from the PCs that he is a hero on thier world, he might take up that same path- Years later.

Drogen Lar is a Technician on another planet far far away, and was never subject to the experiment of his military. He never became a gladiator. It's unlikely he'll meet the PCs, but if he did, Lar's reaction would be disbelief.

Mark Whitaker was scared by criminals (VIPER's Goo equivilent) in this world too, but he turned that rage in a new direction, and marks on his face aside, he put his energy into politics. He became a city councilman, and is tough on crime, and may become his town's next mayor.

Corazon Valenzuela is a star. When this version of her was kidnapped, her powers never surfaced, and she had to be rescued by a super hero. Currently, she is the love interest of said hero. I'll decide who later.

Bethany Duquesne's parents were not true mystics, but whacked out cultists. Fortunately, they were arrested, and she was given, at an early age, to a loving family to raise her. She's a vivacious young woman now, and a bit of a party girl, the opposite of her bitter goth sister Pamela.

Reality Storm is a roleplaying game crossover between Guardians of Order's Silver Age Sentinels and our own Hero game's-Champions. It is a an adventure module with stats for both systems and a system for translating betwixt the two. It is also just a d@mn cool idea.

Torg is going to be rereleased by the newly owned WEG later this year using the D6 system I believe.

Guest Major Tom

Reality Storm is a roleplaying game crossover between Guardians of Order's Silver Age Sentinels and our own Hero game's-Champions. It is a an adventure module with stats for both systems and a system for translating betwixt the two. It is also just a d@mn cool idea.

Torg is going to be rereleased by the newly owned WEG later this year using the D6 system I believe.

Oooo... Now there's a "what if"/crossover campaign that's just begging

to be run:

The Champions vs. The Gaunt Man.

Or Dr. Mobius, or any of the other major baddies of the Torg Universe.

Major Tom :eg:

Wasn't the top bad guy of the reality invasion in Torg practically omnipotent??

Man, I havn't looked at Torg for years (nor felt a strong urge to), but As I recall; the Gaunt man was never depicted as anything like omipotent. He did, after all, have to forge alliances with leaders of the other realities, and had to take the actions of non-allies into account. He certainly seemed to be the most powerful of those leaders, however.

Guest Major Tom

It would indeed be cool to go up against Doc mobius again.

The Gaunt man impotent? Not that I ever saw any reason to think so but then we mostly played in Moebius' Africa, great britain and the Living Land America.

Ah, Redmenace, that's "omnipotent", not "impotent". What's the difference,

you ask? Well, "omnipotent" means that the creep's in a class beyond what

Doctor Destroyer is presently capable of, while "impotent" (at least in one

context) means that he really needs to give Smilin' Bob a call.

Major Tom :eg:

Guest Major Tom

I've come to despise those commercials :thumbdown

I know what you mean. Until these particular commercials started running, the

#1 spot for "Most Annoying TV Commercial" (ALIMO) was occupied by those

thrice-accursed "Dude! You're getting a Dell!" ads ( :sick:Bleeeaarrrggghh!! ).

Major Tom :cool: