Teleportation, useable as an attack...

Marcus

Re: Teleportation, useable as an attack...

Bear in mind that this is also, what, 112 AP (it's getting late and I may be adding wrong). If you're worried about abuse....compare it to other powers built on that many AP. Most characters can't do much about he 75 STR TK Grab either, and it does damage.

yeah i spotted combat accelration deceleration but i figured the teleport was worth a couple of points as part of a multipower just for stopping from NCM and position shift. basically it acts as a sepcial effect for amazing aerial grace. so you could power dive at someone then use the teleport as a half move and stop dead standing right behind them at the last second.

One of the most abusive things I've done with it was a player. 10" Teleport UAO, Ranged, Does not affect inorganic matter.Since our main opposition in that campaign were robots, it wasn't too bad for most of it. Then I used it to teleport the master villain (psycho cyborg power armor type of about 500 points) out of the plane. Without his equipment, suit, etc. The look on the gm's face was almost worth it.

One of the most abusive things I've done with it was a player. 10" Teleport UAO' date=' Ranged, Does not affect inorganic matter.Since our main opposition in that campaign were robots, it wasn't too bad for most of it. Then I used it to teleport the master villain (psycho cyborg power armor type of about 500 points) out of the plane. Without his equipment, suit, etc. The look on the gm's face was almost worth it.[/quote']

Unless his equipment was OAF, I'm surprised the GM allowed this. After all, "Inaccessible" means "can't be removed in combat" and Teleport UAA certainly sounds like an attack to me...after all, attacks (Usable As Attack) are usually considered combat actions, right?

Unless his equipment was OAF' date=' I'm surprised the GM allowed this. After all, "Inaccessible" means "can't be removed in combat" and Teleport UAA certainly [i']sounds[/i] like an attack to me...after all, attacks (Usable As Attack) are usually considered combat actions, right?

He considered it "logical" since if I teleported myself or an ally all of their Non living equipment, implants, whats have you would have remained behind (as would their clothing). It had come up several times in the game before (We had several cyborgs) and one PC had almost died because of it ( I couldn't teleport her implants and they kept her alive) so we thought it was fair if anti climatic. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little tired and probably missed it, but I was surprised not to see more concern here about the victim being left PRONE once the teleport occurs. I wouldn't allow that unless/except a maneuver or momentary Entangle or momentary negaive skill levl were applied. It's poweful - it should cost omre than just UAO with Teleport. UAO iwth Teleport should just move somone from spot A to B, and I say that ANYTHING BEYOND THAT is MORE than that power. Even if realistically most people would be completely disoriented by being teleported, I understand - but this is superheroics.

Does "B" have to be on the ground?

In my opinion AS THIS POWER IS WRITTEN, yes. It should be bought with something to "pay" for the Falling Attack (if that is where you are going) though that would be pretty cheap.

Where is it written?

Can i not teleport 20" straight up and fall to my death if i want to. why not others?

Its no different than TK an far as damage goes , and that can lift you higher, far higher.

Where is it written?

Can i not teleport 20" straight up and fall to my death if i want to. why not others?

Its no different than TK an far as damage goes , and that can lift you higher, far higher.

With TK you have to employ STR which you've paid for whereas with Tport there's really not much of any other requirement. Additionally, the relative ease of the use of this maneuver does seem over-effective. I've seen it in action.

I kind of think there's some mention in the book but I really am not sure and it's not available. But I am speaking anyway from a GM preference, I was not attempting to speak of the rules.

Oh, wait, as to "where is it written?" do you mean in the power itself? What I meant was that the descrpition I read seemed to me that used to drop people is not included in what was "requested" and I would enforce an extra cost for what is an extra and more-effective attack.

Linked - EB (or KA) up to the level of damage that teleporting can inflict (not to say as a GM there couldn't be an occassional bonus for cleverness); let's say we want 12d6 - limitations include: Linked, Must Be in Position to Be Dealt Damage, Damge Limited by Conditions. Assign limitation values to taste, I don't have the book, I think Linked is +1/2, I'd assign the other two +1 each probably. So that 12d6 EB would be 17 points and I can use it to inflict any damage. Only Falling Damage could replace the "Must Be in Position to Be Dealt damage" and then probably +1.5 or +2 for that. Let's say +2, so for falling damage only, 13 points.

Being 20m in the air is a enviromental effect, the power is simple and explicit in what it does, why the complication?

buying effects that are are a given, seems quite common in 5e.

Being 20m in the air is a enviromental effect, the power is simple and explicit in what it does, why the complication?

buying effects that are are a given, seems quite common in 5e.

Question of ganularity and intent of the base power. Even as an attack, I (personally) don't believe Tport is intended like Telekinetic powres.

But really as a player in someone's game, I wouldn't much care if you did it your way and just did UAO and said the rest wa sokay. Unless everyone had teleports and hihg OCVs and I had a low DCV. Well, not even then, 'cause I'd know how to fix that reasonably enough.

just to be really stupid i could define falling from 10m as a move thru by the earth at 10" given a spd of 6 for the earth for ( 5^24kg ) as 80d6 vs pd

i dont think this justifies a answer

just to be really stupid i could define falling from 10m as a move thru by the earth at 10" given a spd of 6 for the earth for ( 5^24kg ) as 80d6 vs pd

i dont think this justifies a answer

Didn't really follow you. My point was that the power was not intended for direct damage inflicting and that if you're going to use a recurring tactic of dropping people, then I think you're making direct damage occur. To be fair, I wouldn't hold one or two uses against someone or require points. But as a habitual use (which I assume would be the purpose of the question in the first place), yes.

But if I'm not following you or you're not following me it could be I'm just too tired (I can barely type straight) and am going to bed. Catch you later...good talking with you Vorsch.

On the question of causing the opponent to end up prone after a UAA Teleport' date=' I'd require the UAA Teleport to be purchased with the Position Shift adder, at the very least.[/quote']

At the least. I tend to think I'd link a martial maneuver.

A character in a campaign I run (Photon Blue) is a light-based energyy projector. She teleports by turning herself to light, going someplace, and then re-forming (i.e., she's a self-contained Star Trek transporter). Eventually (with gameplay and EXP), she learned to do this to others - but I made sure there were limits. The range on the power is only 6" (so even if she does send someone stright up, we're not talking about loads of damage) and it won't work against those anyone with their own teleport abilities.

Her main use of it in combat was not to harm the bad-guys, but aid her teammates. For example, when fighting an uber-brick of mine named Devestator, their brick, Anaba, would wind up for a haymaker on Phase 6 several hexes away from Devastator, and P.B. would hold her action. After Devestator went on 6, P.B. would then teleport him right in front of Anaba.

It was an effective -but not unbalancing- strategy.