Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

“We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything. That is all.”

~ Kalu Rinpoche

"The Buddha and all conscious beings are nothing but expressions of the one mind. There is nothing else."

~ Huang Po

They're definitely warm-climate things. There are preparations which are quite tasty, but the canonical candied yams recipe one encountered many places circa 1960 I found revolting.

My understanding is: Sweet potatoes are a subset of yams. Here in the US it's uncommon to encounter a non-orange yam, and here orange yams are known commonly as sweet potatoes.

I've encountered both of those. And because I don't recall if L Marcus adheres more to British colloquialisms or US ones, we assumed when you said "chips" you meant what a USer calls chips and a Brit calls crisps, rather than what a Brit calls chips and a USer calls french fries. To contort the possible confusion, Both RPMiller and I have encountered both.

Twenty-nine years ago tonight, my apartment burned. It consumed old Foulstink Dungeon, and some other stuff I would have preferred not to have lost. No one was injured, and if I'd been there at the time I probably wouldn't be here now.