Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

My working folder for assessment documents is named "Ass", which is a product of my preference for short folder names and my general opinion of the subject matter.

One of the commands available to me on my Macintosh from the Finder utility's pull-down menu is "Burn 'Ass' to Disc..."

My working folder for assessment documents is named "Ass", which is a product of my preference for short folder names and my general opinion of the subject matter.

One of the commands available to me on my Macintosh from the Finder utility's pull-down menu is "Burn 'Ass' to Disc..."

Coincidence: I also use Ass as a shortened form, the word being "assignment"

Your plate is full of Plato? Perhaps it's time to break out the Play-Doh.
from IM exchange:

Reading Plato's description of the geography of the Greek Underworld...is doing my head in trying to get this geography right.

I hope I have a guide when I hath the need.

(or Google)

Google Greek Underworld? Is there an app for that? If not there should be. You know, for when Google Earth just isn't enough.

To which work colleage added:

I'm sure Apple Maps will have it covered

probably located in washington somewhere

Continuing on:

Heading towards Tartarus and end up in the Elysian Fields --ie heading to Hell an end up in Heaven

that so should be a Motivational Poster

idea for moto poster:

the picture a nice Arcadian landscape with a sign that has Elysian Fields crossed out with Tartarus grafettied. the caption: Apple Maps sent me here...and the little text: "could be worse...you could end up in Limbo"

Coincidence: I also use Ass as a shortened form' date=' the word being "assignment"[/quote']

I give too many assignments for that abbreviation to work for me any more in that context. But I can understand that others have different situations.

My C project is coming along nicely (if in fits and starts of having to pause to learn how to do what I need to do). Except now I find that I need to learn at least a minimum of multi-threading. Any book suggestions or help out there?

Sorry, I can't. Never dodged into multi-thread coding, except to make sure that a couple things were completely thread-safe.