Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Well, that was weird and in the end unpleasant...I could post in random musings but no real complusion as I'm "here" (checking out this thread) and besides it boosts this thread so...

Basically I got a call about a job opening at a company kind of in the same line of business but not a direct competitor. I was a little curious, said I was interested enough to send a resume and find out more, then after that let the recruiter know that I had too much history, benefits, intangibles where I am to really look at anything less than an opportunity at (rather high salary, 30% more than mine now), which I figured would kill any interest. Then he came back and said they understood and wanted to just "have a conversation," maybe the intent being to sway me with various other future opportunities or whatever as I really don't think they'd pay me that much, but then again you never know. And if I made that much, well, that would be rather comfortable.

Then we talked about it, he gave me an address, didn't think too much about it, then he arranged an appointment today, I confirmed.

Then I got home, looked at the actual location and it's way out further than I would care to commute (even if I did drive, which I don't, which does limit the options a bit, the bus/train commute would be what it used to be where my company's old location was, even a bit more actually). So I called him just now and told him no way. I think he was kind of stunned and while he was very polite, I think he was kinda pissed. And I know they'll think I'm a flake there.

Oh, well. I should have just said no to begin with, I wasn't that interested to start, just curious.

PS - it would be really interesting if anyone from work I know sees my stuff here. I doubt it, but would be interesting, wonder what they would think.

I prefer pink lemonade. Of course in this area right now' date=' people would be happy with running water.[/quote']

Oh, that's right, you guys got the remnants of the hurricane. I was talking to someone at our other office today, they mentioned it as well. Hope things are okay/restored quickly.

A lot of businesses I went to are taking massive damage. Most of our industry and a good portion of our businesses are located in Biltmore village. Oh man... I wonder if Atlanta Bread Company was alright or not?

It's uphill from Biltmore Village. I'm sure it was fine.

In fact, if you look at pictures, you'll find that the water comes right about up to that insidious traffic light. So the entirety of the pretentious, faux little village is underwater.

Seems appropriate enough to me.

My sister called. She is buying a house thanks to a downpayment from her future in-laws. She gave the impression that she is pregnant but she didn't say as much. She is going on about how her fiancee is underpaid for his profession (he is paid more than me by about $5k). She was dropping strong hints that financially she might need assistance for her bills or the house will fall through.

And all I wanted to do is get off the phone and pretend she didn't call

*sigh*

Guest Skaramine

Parakeets lead to heavier and more dangerous birds.

-AA

I had a Rock Cornish Hen once.

Rocky fell into the barbecue sauce and then flew at the gas grill.

It was tragic.

Yet delicious.