Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

... That applies to me, I'm afraid. Yesterday I finished a two-page report that was due in march. Last year. I just couldn't get motivated enough to do it!

It appears I know no English word that equals flum ... Maybe it's a bit harsh, but that's what I feel about gender theory.

Not a big one, though, and not very formal. And I do believe gender theory has its place -- 'specially in practical medicine. There's an example I like: a research team had a question modified in a pathology exam. Half the students got one version of the question and the other half ... Well, you know, got the other version. The only detail that differed between the versions was the gender of the patient, and almost invariably the two patients were treated differently -- the man getting more follow-up and tests, while the woman 's background and the specific cause to her illness got center stage.

But a body can only handle so much of the stuff. x_X

Well' date=' logic goes OK as long as the axiom set is OK. If you have a bad axiom, then something other than deductive logic is needed.[/quote'] inductive logic?

Common sense?

Brute force? :winkgrin:

'specially in practical medicine.
As opposed to theoretical medicine?

But a body can only handle so much of the stuff. x_X
it can? The body is an mutli-dimensional quantum computer (well partly). Science hasn't even begun to fully understand it.

special relativity for those "special" (ie gifted) students.

general relativity for everyone else.

:)

At the undergrad level, that's almost exactly backwards.

That last part is the issue. We have only one, and even setting aside the possibility of damaging the oven itself, there's some stuff you DO NOT want spattered over all the inner surfaces of something whose principal use is one's own food preparation.

No, though have several pieces of "vaseline" glass (uranium oxide in the glass, makes the nice pale green color). Including the orange juice squeezer that my wife had while growing up, so it's been in the family for more than 50 years....