ok guys and gals here's a challenge

Shadow Dancer

Hey there,

Been working on several things and would like some help.

I'm building a variant of Cannonball from X-force, called

Kamikaze..

I've got the stats worked out, and a good idea of the skills i want, but am having trouble defining the "powers"

I've pulled several chamiions conversions from the net, but they all seem to be earlier versions than 5ed.

I've got about 145-150 points to build Cannonball's flight/forcefield

i've some idea's and could use some help putting this into a format that works...

20" flight <80 " ncm>

- minimum of 10" moved

- has to make a skill/power roll to turn

-1/2 end

-capable of carrying another person approximately his own weight.

forcefield, maximum of 14 pd/ed

-linked to flight

-0 end

50-75% damage reduction

-linked to flight only works when in flight

The character's main attack is via move through/move by.

The sfx to the flight is pretty much the same as cannonballs. Thermo dynamic combustion channeled as thrust from around/through his lower body...

I'd also like to figure a way to add some additional strength in there, linked to the flight. A way of expressing the extreme pressure of his thrust.

here's some other limitations

limited to a max 11 DC; max ocv/dcv of 13

I thank you all for your comments/suggestions/assistance in advance.

I'm not sure where you're having trouble. You've already got it all worked out there and are throwing 10d6 (assuming only a 10 STR) with the Move-Through. If youw ant another d6, just buy a d6 of HA only for Move-Throughs or something :)

Maybe you can elaborate on where your trouble lies...

Well, I'd say the stall speed is worth a -1/2, the skill roll to turn is a -1/4 (it'd be -1/2 to use the power, at all) unless your skill is high enough to do it easily... then it might not be worth anything.

You can already carry stuff, that's not an issue. I assume including that in the FF protection.

Looks like this:

Cost Power END
37 Flight 20" (Improved Noncombat Movement (x4)), Reduced Endurance (Half END; +1/4) (56 Active Points); Skill Roll To Turn (Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness; -1/4), 10" Stall Speed (Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness; -1/4) 2
57 Force Field (14 PD / 14 ED) (Protect Carried Items), Linked to Flight (-1/4), Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (57 Active Points) (added to Secondary Value)
24 Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Linked to Flight (-1/2), Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time (+1/4)
24 Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Linked to Flight (-1/2), Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time (+1/4)
Powers Cost: 142

With the linkings, I wouldn't use an EC. You can, I suppose, if you dropped the linked lim on the FF to a -0 value. Probably still come out ahead on points.

Edit: By the book, the Reductions wouldn't go into the EC, btw.

I assumed you'd be flying quite a lot, so reduced the linked lim appropriately.

I would rule that they should all be at a -1/4 value link to flight, UNLess you use the 75% Damage Reduction (it would be worth a -0 on it),

also and this might seem like a WEIRD IDEA, but use Leaping instead of flight, then give him a couple of inches of flight (linked to leaping) the flight will allow him to stay up in the air and to "leap" from where he is, but it would make the characters flight less controled, just a werid idea

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

would putting this in a multipower help save cost? or because they're linked the powers can't fit into a MP framework?

The whole idea/concept of building mp's/ec's are almost beyond me.

Your Multipower would have to be big enough to have all of them on at the same time - this would pretty much cost the same as all the powers PLUS the slot costs. So if you are the kind of person who lights cigars with $100 bills just to show you can, uh, then go for it :)

Multipowers are useful if you only use some of the powers (or a fraction of the powers in it) at once. All of them on all the time doesn't provide any sort of economical advantage.

can I ask how you came up with the 10 dc? is that with the velocity and multipliers for move through?

The Move Through equation for your velocity plus the dice for your Strength (and assuming you have 10 Str). If you have 15 Str you'd be at 11d6 and anything over 15 Str and you would exceed your listed maximum. Take a look at the combat maneuver and make sure you understand how it works before bringing in a character that uses it almost exclusively...you'll save your whole group a lot of time :)