Paging Dany St-Pierre

Lord Liaden

While about to refer a fellow HERO gamer interested in pulp-era gaming to Dany St-Pierre's wonderful website of Justice Incorporated-related resources, I discovered that Geocities has recently (no more than a few weeks ago since my last visit) deactivated the site, supposedly due to inactivity. As anyone one who has visited Dany's site can attest, its loss would be a real blow to fans of HERO and the pulp genre.

Does anyone know where to get in touch with Dany to inquire as to whether the website going down is a deliberate choice :( or just an oversight :) ? Or perhaps just send a heads-up notice?

Re: Anyone know how to contact Dany St-Pierre?

It's probably something in between deliberate choice and oversight. He sustained some semi-serious injuries in a bicycle accident a couple of years ago, and last I heard was spending a lot of his time between his job (the nature of which I forget) and physical therapy. Given that he's an artist (and an excellent one whom I'd recommend in a heartbeat) and the injuries included two broken arms, I can certainly understand.

Thanks for the tip, Bob. Man, that sucks. Now I feel a little guilty about wanting to ask him if he could reactivate his website. :(

Still, the Geocities message implies that it would be easy for the site owner to do. Bob, would you be in a position to pass along to Dany that someone's been inquiring about it, and would you mind?

I wouldn't mind, but I'm not currently in a position -- not until I resolve some issues with my hope ISP (entirely my own fault, BTW). The email address I have for him is on that computer.

Maybe Dave Mattingly has something current on him. Dave...?

Re: Paging Dany St-Pierre

I am not in a position to get Dany to reactivate the (having never even met said individual) but I do have an archive of most of what was one the site that I could make available to anyone who's looking for it. (Being a long time Pulp adventure fan, I've used much of this stuff in my own games).

Hi there!

I have to move out for another city. My web conceptor Sebastian Tremblay is not disponible it's the principal reason for what i have not updated my site. It was very unfortunate i have worked in a pulpish version for the hero games for the GURPS Gernsback world in PDF. A futuristic world from the 50 in the style of the thunderbird and captain Scarlet.

I have recuparated from my bicycle accident i am well but for me speed drawing its a thing from the past. But if I take my time I am capable to create a not too bad drawing.

If you are interested in my Gernsback work send me a e-mail.

Dany St Pierre

Merci beaucoup pour votre reponse, M. St-Pierre. :)

I'm glad you're feeling better, but I'm sorry you haven't recuperated fully. I look forward to when you have the opportunity to have your website reactivated. It really isn't necessary to update it - it's great the way it is - but it will be good for pulp HERO fans to have full access to it again.

Thanks again.

Say, guys, as of when I write this I'm still getting the "deactivated" message when I try the link to DSP's website. :( Does this happen to anyone else? (After that snafu I had with "Surbrook's Stuff" I want to make sure it's not just me again.) :o

It's in "Hero Links" under "Other Genre Links".

Say, guys, as of when I write this I'm still getting the "deactivated" message when I try the link to DSP's website. :( Does this happen to anyone else? (After that snafu I had with "Surbrook's Stuff" I want to make sure it's not just me again.) :o

It's in "Hero Links" under "Other Genre Links".

I'm seeing it as Deactivated also, and I was seeing Subrook's Stuff when you weren't. Maybe Geocities is slow to reactivate?

Re: Not Again!

Hi Lord Liaden,

I was probably too optimistic. I have reactivated my site but

i have always the same response: There was a problem activating the site.

I have searched my archive (laser disc) i have only the PDF version of my web site. The HTML version was probably shattered by my old faulty computer dvd lecteur.

Sorry for the bad new!

Dany St Pierre

That is a shame, but all may not be lost. Perhaps an e-mail to Geocities would prompt them to find your files, or maybe when your web guy Sebastian Tremblay is available he could help you set it up again.

It would be a real shame if Hero Pulp is gone for good, though. That was probably the most useful online resource for that genre. This does not bode well for the fate of The Empire Club site.

Anyway, thank you very much for informing us, Dany. :)

Hi Lord Liaden,

I was probably too optimistic. I have reactivated my site but

i have always the same response: There was a problem activating the site.

I have searched my archive (laser disc) i have only the PDF version of my web site. The HTML version was probably shattered by my old faulty computer dvd lecteur.

Sorry for the bad new!

Dany St Pierre

I have most of the html stuff (I'm missing a few of the images, but I have all of the text/html).

John D