Andromeda HERO

Syberdwarf2

One of my favorite shows, until they fired their, IMHO, best writer, Rob(?) Wolfe. It was this show that inspired me to start working on a SH campaign as soon as I heard the book was slated for release.

Has anyone worked up anything for the Andromeda Universe?

I remember, vaguely, that D-Man had started a thread on the old boards.

Lemme know if you have anything. I'm gonna try to do a write-up on the Andromeda Ascendant, well... eventually.

• 2 months later...

Nietchians would be fairly easy. I'd probably give them a +3 bonus on all their Physical characteristics (a total point cost of 24pts). They don't seem to be any smarter than normal (they tend to be crafty, but not particularly bright) so no mental bonuses. Maybe +2 Com also. And the Bone Spurrs I would write up as 1/2D6 HKA(10pts) Reduced Penetrating.

Does anyone know if Nietchians live longer than normal humans? If so, throw in Life Support: Extended Lifespan.

Originally posted by NuSoardGraphite

. Maybe +2 Com also. Does anyone know if Nietchians live longer than normal humans? If so, throw in Life Support: Extended Lifespan.

Don't know about the lifespan...

How about Presence? For some reason, female N's always have this "sexiness" about them that tends to give them an allure...well at least Dillon and Tyr tend to fall for them.

Originally posted by NuSoardGraphite

Does anyone know if Nietchians live longer than normal humans? If so, throw in Life Support: Extended Lifespan.

Also Life Support: Extended Breathing and Immunity to Disease.

They have internal nanites that protect from pathogens and in one episode it's mentioned that Tyr can hold his breath for 10 minutes or so under optimum conditions.

Originally posted by Mastermind

Don't know about the lifespan...

How about Presence? For some reason, female N's always have this "sexiness" about them that tends to give them an allure...well at least Dillon and Tyr tend to fall for them.

Hmmm..I would have to agree, most Nietzchian's are very impressive...Physically imposing even (cept for that shrimp played by James Marsters of Buffy) so a +2 or +3 PRE bonus isn't out of the question...

Nietchzian Package Deal

So let's summarize what we have so far:

3 +3 STR

9 +3 DEX

6 +3 CON

6 +3 BODY

3 +3 PRE

1 +2 COM

12 Bone Spurs: HKA 1d6; 15 ActivePoints; Reduced Penetration (-1/4)

12 Nietzchian Physiology:LifeSupport,Extended Breathing (1), Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents, Longevity: 200 Years

-20 Distinctive Features: Bone Spurs/Recognized as Nietzchian (Not Concealable, Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction, Detectable by Commonly Used Senses)

-15 Psychological Limitation: Ultra-Competetive (Common, Strong)

Total Points: 17

Although you could make the dist features a -15 if you think that the Bone Spurs, etc are Concealable or don't cause a major reaction. Then again, their competitive nature may be Total for a -20...sooooo 17 to 22, unless we are missing something....maybe more STR?

Comments?

Nietzchian

I agree with a lot of what mastermind has put up but it needs a little tweaking. I am an avid fan of my favorite race in Andromeda. Here are my additions:

Regeneration 2d6, 2 body, extra time (hours), self, persistent,

reduced end cost(0). I will have to give to point cost later, I am in rush. Call it Nanites. In one of the episodes Tyr suffers brain damage and over a course of a day or two recovers fully with memory and no reduction in our favorite Nietzchian's Machivellan brain. It is also mentioned that he Nietzchians have their own nanites to combat the debilitating effects of any nano attacks. Hence the regeneration to replace lost attributes from any nanite drain attacks. Enhanced per +3 to all senses, ultrasonic hearing, life support low pressure/vacuum, cost endurance, limited. I seem to remember Tyr mentioning that Nietzchians can breathe water. It was in that episode with the fish people.

Disads: Reputation: "Racist,paranoid,untrustworthy, and overall dangerous. And did I mention that they were responsible for the downfall of the Commonwealth and ushering in a new galactic dark age. The Long Night!"

And I quote" There is no such thing as a Nietzchian noncombatant. A four year old will gut a full grown man."

Please any comments, suggestions, corrections are always welcome.

:rolleyes:

Re: Nietzchian

Originally posted by Jae Sun Lee

I seem to remember Tyr mentioning that Nietzchians can breathe water. It was in that episode with the fish people.

I remember an episode that I was referencing in my post. The Maru crashed in an ocean and life support was lost. The ship filled with water before it could reach the surface, and while Harper drowned and had to be medically revived, Tyr was able to hold his breath until they reached safety.

With Jae Sun's recommendations:

3 +3 STR

9 +3 DEX

6 +3 CON

6 +3 BODY

3 +3 PRE

1 +2 COM

12 Bone Spurs: HKA 1d6; 15 ActivePoints; Reduced Penetration (-1/4)

12 Nietzchian Physiology:LifeSupport,Extended Breathing (1), Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents, Longevity: 200 Years

1 Limited Vaccum Activity: Life Support , Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum (2 Active Points); Costs Endurance Costs END Every Phase (-1/2)

9 Enhanced Senses: Enhanced Perception (+3 to PER Rolls for All Sense Groups)

3 Heightened Hearing: Ultrasonic Perception

11 Nanites: Healing 2 BODY, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Hour (-2 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

Disadvantages

-20 Distinctive Features: Bone Spurs/Recognized as Nietzchian (Not Concealable, Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction, Detectable by Commonly Used Senses)

-15 Psychological Limitation: Ultra-Competitive (Common, Strong)

Total Points: 41

Though if you wanted to use them in the Terran Empire (or any setting including Andromeda that has a lot of aliens), you would have to loose the Distinctive Features as per TE pg 17, so the Package Deal would cost 61 points!

However, in the post-Commonweatlth, Long Night Era, I would give them a -20 Reputation : Extreme, Very Frequent...since all sentients know that it was their betrayl that caused the Long Night. Back to 41 points....

• 2 weeks later...

i did them up for Fuzion and Action, but i'll have to get abit more into Hero's rules to do them justice with Hero.

But is it me, or is the New writters just Trying to ignore Old plots, and rushed the new Commonwealth into being too fast, and has already turned into a corrupt government.

at least Tyr leveled the Playing field and his enemies at the End of the Season.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Jae Sun Lee

I agree, the new writers ignored old plot lines and fast forward the whole commonwealth plot. The new government sucks and is stupid. But my man Tyr did level the playing field. But so much killing.

I think you could make the case that it was Dylan who was in a rush to restore the Commonwealth, because after all, there's the Magog Worldship coming to obliterate the Known Worlds. They needed a unified force in a big fat hurry, because it'll require more that half a dozen or so "Roseanne" class bombs to stop that thing, not to mention all the thousands of swarmships and trillions of quadrillions of Magog it's bringing with it.

Now if the threat was not omnipresent, and Dylan was restoring the Commonwealth for his original reason--that it was the good and honorable thing to do--he could have taken his time and done it right. As it is, he's back to square one--square one-and-a-half, at best--and now he has to contend with Tyr as a major threat, rather than a "loyal" adversary.

For the universe and civilization's sake, Dylan better have one heck of a Plan "B."

Yes, I see your point. But the new commonwealth still sucks. I would rather be my own Imperius Rex. I would like to see more of the storyline unfold about Tyr and becoming de facto Overlord of the Nietchieans. Especially the Draco-Katsov Pride. But that World ship does present an ever present threat.